1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Picket era has begun

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I like a lot what we saw from Pickett today, but he definitely deserves some blame for the interceptions. The first ball was poorly thrown. Sure, Claypool still had both hands on it and should have been able to win against an undersized safety, but Pickett needs to make a better throw there.

The second one was a terrible decision, the only really bad one by Pickett that I noticed today. He forced a ball into coverage when he should have thrown it away. That said, the receiver did still get both hands on it. It just isn't fair to put that one on Freiermuth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That’s fair, Professor Animus. :thumbs_up:

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This is fair, but your characterization of the first one is utter crap. It wasn't even double coverage, though the second defender was close enough to get there after the ball was tipped. It was absolutely the right throw. He definitely could have thrown it better, but Claypool needs to catch that ball. He still has no idea how to use his size on passes like that, something he should have been able to figure out by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Thx... 2 Pickett naysayers at the bar gave Pickett a better grade than I did.

• Like Like x 1
  5. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    I’m sure he will take blame but doesn’t exactly deserve it

ill advised throws or not he hit both of them right in the hands

I’m more relieved Tomlin made the switch than upset Kenny took shots (hitting both) in a season destined for transition and not greatness

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. He was humble, talking about being ready for his next opportunity, and took responsibility for the turnovers and the botched pitch.

7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You could tell he was really stung by the loss. I like his competitiveness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    Both of them were balls that hit the receivers HANDS and were subsequently tipped to the defender. Do you even watch the games???

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Disco isn't coming off as much of a fan here. He is more concerned with being right than the success of the team, twisting reality to fit his pre-conceived opinion of Pickett.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bend Steel

May 26, 2018
    Even if the performance of todays' QB's were identical, it is clear that this team will play harder for the Rook than a washed up never was that is clearly taking them nowhere. The team energy and the CROWD energy were night and day between the two. Anybody who see's todays switch as a negative is confused. New era Steeler Ball starts NOW! If you would rather be lead by said washed up never been, then find another team to root for because KP is the now!

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Really ? The first ball was underthrown by probably, 5 yards, a high loopy pass into triple coverage, where Claypool had he guy beat and had to stop lol...But ya ok...The 2nd one, as Pickett kept backpedaling, and shouldn't have even thrown it ( that's also what the announcers said, but again ok ) And Muth had to leap,just to get his fingertips on it..Please stop with the Bulls***

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Bend Steel

May 26, 2018
    Certainly Ben, ***** T, or Mason NEVER threw two picks in a game did they!? I am giddy that this pisses you off! I hope Kenny pulls a Big Ben and then we can all laugh at you(not that we aren't laughing at you already).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Like I care Dumb F***... First off, I'm not giddy, y'all' are...I tried to tell you there was a reason 3-4 teams ahead of us at #20, and needed a QB and didn't take Pickett..

One good year out of 5, in the weak ACC..And nobody took him for a reason...So many on here thought we were getting the next Ben

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    This is how I’m feeling. If Kenny looked lost or if he got rattled under pressure or just made multiple Bad decisions I could see going back to Mitch or even Mason ( yeah I know so don’t say it ) BUT——- he didn’t .

He could have played better no doubt so instead of us focusing on a couple of picks let’s look at how he handled the BIG Moment , mentally , emotionally and look forward to how he responds with a week of preparations under his belt!

We have got to get a solid run game going AND our defense has Got to play better!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Weak ACC????

16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    No doubting KP made some mistakes but this is night and day vs what we have been getting from Mitch where everything was behind the line of scrimmage.

I think we all know this team is going nowhere in 2022. The rest of this season is about trying to develop an identity on offence.

5F9AD19D-E3D3-48C3-AB67-C08645AAC234.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    The first Int should have been caught by our guy... Ill give them a break because Trubisky has been awful at throwing downfield.

His seam routes were on the money.
    He threw to the sidelines well
    The last pick was trash but upon further review, the Rec'd should have kept running, he had a shot.
    He had a picture-perfect back shoulder throw
    He stretched the field nicely..
    The second pick could be argued, though I think it should have been caught. But again, the rec'rs are used to Mitch not throwing it.
    I loved his scrambling..

I saw a B- as a grade, I tend to agree with that.

1st pick, The Rec'r has to do a better job there.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    sounded pretty clear and concise… hate the L’s but I liked his moxie and his reaction on the field and at the podium. Hopefully it’s the start of a beautiful path.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    As it should start... The Steelers had no business bringing in Mitch, could have got to this point with Mason. Could have used that money on a real ILB or OL. The Steelers need to see if Pickett will be the next franchise guy or the next Mitch.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hopefully then Mike Sullivan overtakes play calling duties before seasons end. He does have NFL Experience in that regard. Matt Canada is in over his head.

21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Didn’t sound like coach was saying it is or it is not KP’s team moving forward.

what does the board think? KP next week or back to Mitch?

I say ride the rookie and let’s see how he matures.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Cam Heyward and the defense deserve alot of blame for this one.
    He does nothing except lay on the field every other play and cost us timeouts.

23. 1stCavVet

1stCavVet Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2021
    Almost looks like Claypool left his feet too soon,mis timed his jump

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.....Yet a rookie in one half scored almost as many Tds as Trubisky did in 3, and a half games.
    Trubisky 3, and a half games.....3 tds.
    Pickett one half of a game....2 tds.....:shrug:
    Don't be mad because Trubisky sucks.
    Trubisky 59 NFL starts.
    Kenny Pickett half a game NFLstart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    In that regard, Disco has much company as a TSF member. One only has to read some of the exchanges in the GDT placing all blame on Pickett for the first pick or minimizing the fourth quarter defensive collapse.