1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OC is holding Pickett back

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by OB1, Oct 2, 2022.

1. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Mark my words: the random garbage offense the OC is running will stunt Pickett’s growth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    All the more reason he needs jettisoned come the end of the season.

3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    It needs to happen now. It should have happened last off season. He never should have been hired in the first place. Starts at the top. We had that conversation last year and here we are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

As I have been saying multiple times and will again, Canada is not getting fired. If anything, have Sullivan take over control for playcalling duties and reduce Canada's role in the Offense all together. See if Mike Sullivan is the answer and, if he is, keep him.

Jettison Canada after the seasons end.

5. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    I agree completely that he's not getting fired. That's the point. He should not be the OC and it's an organizational failure that he is.

6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    i think I agree, but your avatar is distracting…

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. vin heinz

vin heinz New Member

Oct 2, 2022
    Jet jettisoned puckett today

8. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Your worried about Canada when this defense sucks. Austin is trash. They had the lead... A 10 point lead and they sucked.

9. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    They both suck. So does Tomlin. Shame no one is held accountable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Canada SUCKS. I’ve been saying this for a while and I’m sure a ton of have. I don’t get why he’s still there. It’s SO predictable. We have play makers but their not used right.

11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The title of this thread is adjectives stupid. In 2 quarters of play, with no preparation and you suggest the OC has help Kenny back?

You might make that argument after a couple of games, but even then a rookie under most any system is going to be limited because ot takes time to develop.

What can be said is Canada's system has not shown any cause for optimistic hope that even Kenny will have much success. He may have more than Mitch, will also likely have more mistakes. This offensive scheme is what it is, you can't just bring in a totally new concept this late and expect success.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    They have changed everything but 1 thing...and the problem is still there. It was the Arians, then DL, then Haley, then JP, then Troy was too old, then Ben needs to retire, etc etc etc. They have changed everything but 1 common thing. Cant score in the red zone, cant stop the run, the secondary is sh*t, the OL is trash...year after year.

He had the #1 RB, #1 WR, HoF QB, all pro line and "the problem" goes 1 and done against Jax.

Historically, the Steelers are known for having LBers out the yingyang and the "defensive guru" is lucky to have 2.... total.

I am sick of this "hasnt had a losing season" BS and "oh gee Wally, next man up by golly" mentality. How come nobody talks about his playoff record.

Prove me wrong, I have my fire proof suit on....

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

It’s Tomlin but “he never had a losing season” The Steelers loyalty is going to be their downfall. With teams getting better like the Bills, Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Dolphins and etc, the Steelers won’t be relevant for years with Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I dont think that is the point. The guy should be calling plays in parks and rec football. Did anybody not see the catch GP made last week? He was then targeted 2 more times in the game...TWO!! I agree he will do more harm for KP's development than help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dagmire

Sep 24, 2019
    Tomlin is not good enough to make up for sub par coordinators. That's just the fact of it. He even said he missed some plays cause he was managing the defense. Well he needs to stay the hell out of any play calling or managing anything but the team. Even then I'm not sold on him anymore. He has been living of past accomplishments for several years. Any other head coach would have been fired by now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    3-in-53 is all that matters to Deuce. I can't stand Art2. Players around the league love Tomlin and want to play for him. He's a good man and a father figure. A leader. There is value in that. It's also crystal clear he can't draft, play call, adjust, clock manage or anything else game related. He needs legit coordinators and a very good front office. He used to have that and the team won. Now, he has his incompetent friends installed as coordinators and teachers, overseeing some very poor draft picks, and it's all going to Hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Is that Austin or is that a defense missing four of its top six defensive backs and the best defensive player in the NFL? I'm inclined to think it is the latter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    While I am not the Tomlin basher that many are (although I think he has tied his horse to the wrong assistant coaches)

I think it's more BEN never had a losing season. Tomlin has 1 non losing season without Ben and is staring at his first losing season in his 2nd without a HOFer at QB

HACK

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dagmire

Sep 24, 2019

What was the excuse last year? Clark Kent couldn't ha e stopped the browns last week

20. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    This. It has been awhile since a Tomlin team finished a season improving rather than declining.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Im with you on that. I know tj had a career yr last season, but shocking ben guided them to the playoffs. I dont get caught up in the bash tomlin debate because i do not know the inner workings. I typically hold my comments to the plays on the field.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    WRs need to catch the ball and not tip it to the defense. Linemen quit going downfield. Claypool, jump straight up and don't fall backwards while trying to catch every pass. Defense, make a friggin tackle.:cool:

23. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They’ve said early on that Canada’s offense was geared more toward someone of Kenny’s talent. With a week to prepare we shall see.

24. HisRoyalSweetness

HisRoyalSweetness Active Member

Jun 21, 2022
    We need to stop hiring unqualified, internal garbage because it's cheap and pleasing to our Cheerleader's ego.

Until Rooney prioritizes competence over politics, expect more of the same subpar mediocrity. Like it or not, we're not going anywhere while Gomer Pyle is at the helm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

Not the best, but an improvement over Mitch... and to be fair to Mitch, I thought he attacked the MOF more yesterday than he has.

The offense did move with better purpose with Kenny in there. Not sure if the playcalling was better or Kenny played well in spite of. I think that will be answered when Kenny is no longer a spark and is settled into the gig.

• Agree Agree x 1