1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mendenhall benched?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Boomer, Nov 27, 2012.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yea but I m not quick to forget this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHX9qLVTHjE

I wont take his past performances away from him. Never said he couldnt do it, I m saying hes not doing it now and its getting worse.

2. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    How many balls has Brown dropped? How many TD passes has he dropped? How many balls has he not fought for? How many balls has he not 'gone back' to get on bad passes? Wallace is like Romo, hes a stat maker.

3. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    like rukus4ever said, Wallace has the big play ability. unfortunately thats all he has and he has shown that this year and even that isnt very consistant.

Wallace is not a reliable target. on 3rd down i would bet that Wallace is Bens 4th choice behind AB, Sanders and Miller. Wallace has proven that he is a 1 trick pony and hes not been very good at that trick either this year. like i said before. if the pass isnt perfect he has almost no chance to catch it and in most cases he will just give up on it.

i like Wallace as the #3 reciever. hes not a #1 or #2. both AB and Sanders are better all around wr's. that shouldnt even be an argument anymore.

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Like I said: Agree to disagree.

5. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    A #3 WR who made 8 TDs in 2011. And a #3 RB who made 9 TDs in 2011. And no other 3 guys in their respective positions can match their point totals.

:lolol: :roflmao:

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Rukus, I believe that final TD that the stats you posted didn't account for was Troy's fumble return at Indy.

7. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Thanks! I couldn't find stats for fumbles returned for TDs. That's weird. They do list interceptions returned for TDs. They should list both. Or maybe I just missed it.

:thumbs_up:

8. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Why is it that every time Mendy's dancing behind the line is brought up the same excuse is used. "He isn't getting as good of blocking that Redman and Dwyer are." Lets face it this O line isn't very good and hasn't been in some time. I shouldn't say they aren't good because they are getting better. But my point is I watch Mendy get nothing out of his runs, they two plays later Dwyer breaks one for 10 plus yard. I agree Mendy can break the big run, but he has a hard enough time breaking past his own line.

And I don't even want to get started on Mike Wallace. He is a slouch....period.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was just telling someone today how bad I want Bowe! I say Cotch is gone too wouldn't you? Also I think we can live without Mendy. He's never been a fan favorite anyway. If we can't get a guy in the draft what free agent would you take? In my wildest dreams I would trade a few years of my life to have Frank Gore but I know that will never happen though. I don't even think he's a free agent anyway. There's probably gonna be some good guys out there though.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Jerry Rice drew double teams too. Calvin Johnson draws double teams too. Larry Fitzgerald draws double teams too. However they are better fundamental players all around than Wallace is. The Rooney's are not gonna give a guy the money that Wallace is asking for and has already turned down to draw double teams and then not produce. If you want the money Fitzgerald gets you need to be as unstoppable as him or Calvin Johnson. No excuses no explanations right?

11. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    i cant help but LMFAO everytime someone says how soft Wallace is and in the same breath say they want Bowe SMDH

12. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And that rb and wr have led us to zero big wins when it counts. And they are big babies who do not play hard.
    Mendy and Wallace are good when it does not count. When you need a big play you go to Sanders or A. Brown. When we needed a big play at RB we have gone to Mewalde Moore in the past and Redman now.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    So you are saying that Bowe wouldn't be a better posession guy than Wallace? Has Wallace EVER been compared to Hines?

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    fix the o-line and all this would run smoother.

i see this as the head coach thinking AB will not be the #1 receiver in this offense weather wallace is here or not.

nobody ever got a W by saying we had more yardage then the other team. the league doesn't award wins that way.
    :cool:

15. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    im saying Bowe is SOFT gives up on ALOT of plays people seem to forget KC would have beat us last year if Bowe didnt get gator arms and give up late in the game! Wallace EVER been compared to Hines> what does that even mean? NO ONE plays like Hines he was a once in a life time type player

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    well to be honest, we have had a few of those players in my lifetime. ( great WR's that is.) we are so blessed here. ya gotta love it.:cool:

17. Bristerfan

Bristerfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    DId you notice in all those Wallace videos that EVERY pass was right on the money and mostly in stride? Show me a couple where the guy makes a catch on a bad ball or goes up and get's one every WR in the NFL can catch a perfect pass.....Mike could be really really good.He lacks the 1 thing that makes a less talented guy Antonio Brown better than him.......HEART!

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Anquan Boldin is VERY much a Hines type player. Golden Tate is very much a Hines type player. Dwayne Bowe has not had NEAR the talent at qb to work with that Wallace has. Wallace was good the first half of last year. Everyone keeps talking about his stats in '11 but fail to mention that he basically done that in the 1st half of the season. We can't pay a guy that kind of money for 8 games per year. Also I think we need to just simply face the facts that Haley is NOT BA and that style of O is gone from Pittsburgh. THAT was the system Wallace flourished under. Wallace has publicly stated that he feels under utilized in Haley's system. Well if wants to be more utilized then he should become more of a well rounded player. Also why would Haley keep feeding him when he is dropping it like crazy this year? Yes or no is Wallace worth what he is asking? I know that you are saying that Bowe is soft. Are you saying that Wallace is not?

19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The rumor is floating around out here in the desert that the cards Larry Fitzgerald will be on the trading block after this season, he is unhappy and the cards need players pretty bad after 7 straight losses, Fitz would love to come back to Pittsburgh and get a chance to get a ring, problem is the cards are going to want a lot in a trade, but he would be a great pickup for us, but I guess some other team will be willing to pay the price to get him, I just hope it isnt a team in our division like the rats who is willing to pay the price for him...

20. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    I bet they'd take both Wallace and Mendy for Fitz. I would hope Steelers FO would get a 1st and 3rd round pick, also... or something along those lines...

Don't get me wrong... I'm one of the people who want to see Wallace and Mendy stay, but I feel that most want them gone. I think getting Fitz for them would make most happy, on this board.

21. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    Tate in the same breath with Ward smh NO ONE has ever been the full package that Ward was Tough and could block NO ONE could block like like him! yes im saying Wallace is soft kinda the whole point of my post im saying why tradeoff of one soft wr for another when the one we have has someting you cant teach SPEED

22. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I bet they'd take both Wallace and Mendy for Fitz. I would hope Steelers FO would get a 1st and 3rd round pick, also... or something along those lines...

No way they would take Mendy (a #2 RB at best) and Wallace (again, a #2 WR at best) for Fitz straight up. It would require much more than that from us. Likely a #1 minimum as well. Plus, no way we could afford taking on his contract without dropping some major baggage. Mendy and Wallace are still on rookie contracts so are cheap right now. Wd be sweet to see him in black and gold tho that is for sure!!

23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry, Greg, but this is just eye of the beholder stuff. And for that reason, it's pointless to try and argue against.

For my money, we've needed big plays all season, and - frankly - nobody appears to have stepped up consistently. And because of that ambiguous and inconsistent performance, we all just go back to our initial assumptions.

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we are quickly running out of ben years. i'd hate to have to wait on more draft picks to come up to speed in this offense that just takes ben a couple of years closer to retirement. we need to make things happen now instead of 2-3 years from now.:cool:

25. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    What was that, again?

Mendenhall helping in playoffs and SB in these 2 vids... And is hitting the hole hard. I'd say these are fairly important games.

[video=youtube;iq8D-Ollaio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq8D-Ollaio[/video]

[video=youtube;GbiD9a7PTt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbiD9a7PTt8[/video]

Mike Wallace playoff TD, Steelers trailing... needed a score, I'd say...

[video=youtube;tB68EoL6RVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB68EoL6RVo[/video]

Wallace doesn't go up to fight for the ball? He also had to slow down and try to come back for the ball... analysts even state it probably should have been intercepted.

[video=youtube;KoUxVXaW2RY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoUxVXaW2RY[/video]