1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Steelers next game against the Jets a must win?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 23, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Considering their upcoming schedule, the Jets is their easiest opponent for a while.

2. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    It is one of several reasons why I say start pickett. That way he can learn.

We already know that with trybisky can't do it. And due to he can't keep a drive long enough our defense dies. Even with their 5 turnovers, he can't do it. But Dallas backup QB can.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Not really. The Steelers could lose this and still make the playoffs. Losing the easy ones and winning the hard ones is not an uncommon thing for this team.

The way things are going you can probably plan on making this a weekly thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No, but it sure would be nice. Nothing is a must win intil You get around 6,or 7 loses.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We should be 3-0, but Tomlin is stubborn and little chance ahead of winning a game when the offense can only score 13 or 14 points.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The game against the Browns were for me a must win.2-6 is likely now

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s a must win. So we must.
    We must start Kenny and we must win.
    It’s getting real musty around here lately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, AFC opponent. Plus we cannot fall far in the standings
    from our divisional opponents. Remember I am a half full kind of guy!

• Like Like x 2
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I talked with a few Steeler fans who think this is a MUST LOSE.

Their line of thinking is this is not a Playoff team so get Kenny all the playing time you can for next season. They think the only way that happens is Trub and company get smoked by the Jets.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If a fan goes into a game at wanting to lose when the team is 1-2 with 14 games remaining, then I no longer take that person’s fandom seriously.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. BB#84

BB#84 Member

Sep 24, 2022
    Browns fan here gents. First post. I think the Jets game is a must win for the Steelers to salvage the season. 2-2 and things are looking decent, 1-3 and I think the organization should consider April’s draft. The Steelers have one of the best young rosters in the nfl. Best young wr corps, top 5 rb, top 10 te. I can see another 1-2 titles for all of you. However, and not to change the topic, I think if you’re sitting at 1-3, I think the plan may be to lose out and get yourselves another hof qb at the top of the draft. Get a few olineman and be the best team in football in 2-3 years.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Lets see, the next 5 weeks to the bye. Were 1-2

Jets: Home
    Buffalo: Away
    Tampa Bay: Home
    Miami: Away
    Filthadelphia: Away

Bye

Show me the win total with this team as it stands.

So even if they win the must win Jets game the next 4 look like lock losses.

So that would bring them to 2-6. Or 1-7?

Just not a rah rah type person. This team has multiple issues from the top down at this point. And the stubbornness of a head coach.

Pickett should be the starter going forward. I had hopes for Trubisky. Its time. Not going to happen but it could provide a spark. Let him take his licks and learn.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022
    I used to think that way, but this team isn't winning a superbowl or even making a deep playoff run with Mitch. Life is short. If it takes an ugly loss to unbridle the future, so be it. I ain't got all day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Again, this team was predicted to be bad going into the season....why is everyone surprised.

Cowher had 3 really terrible seasons before the team was rebuilt into a contender...sometimes it just needs to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I will probably get flamed for this, but for this team there are no must win games. I know "It's only been three games", but now the only question is do we end up with the number one pick in the draft.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Are you saying that you want to lose next Sunday? Are you going to be screaming obscenities at the TV every time the Steelers do something right, or god forbid actually win the game?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022
    Hope they win, as always, but will be a bit giddy if they lose. Won't lie. I like taking positives out of all situations. Sorry to shut you down.

19. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It’s not a must win, but for the Steelers they must win. They must show signs an offense exist. Not just score points, though that is the ultimate goal. They must sustain drives. Run effectively, pass effectively, block effectively.

Special teams cannot rest either.

Defense, even without TJ, must show they can tackle and not be pushed around.

20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I can see both sides this season. A lot of Steeler fans want Pickett in there and they feel it is the only way. Do I feel this team has no shot in hell to make Playoffs, yes. Could I ever root for them to lose, never.

If the Steelers were ever in a position that if they lose the last game of a terrible season they will get the #1 pick and this #1 pick is supposed to be the next Tom Brady I simply could not root for that loss.

Heck, the years when we clinched our Playoff spot and were playing a meaningless game with back-ups I still wanted to win as bad as any other game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Those four tough games after the Jets I think they find a way to at least win one of those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Bingo . I rather Trubisky play all Year, and win a MVP than lose.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And this Guy blocked Me. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    we also could easily be 0-3 if the Bungals had their longsnapper. What ifs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Is the next game against the Jets a must win?! Absolutely if the Steelers want to keep pace with the rest of the division. Never mind just the team... might as well be Trubiskys must win as well; Canada the samw.

Seriously doubt Mitch gets pulled but more and more subpar performances like that one will increase the likelihood of Pickett seeing the field. That said, not by being pulled from Mitchs end. Mitch keeps playing like that and I fear he will get injured.

I seriously hope not bit my goodness.... "Hero Ball" only works when you have the physical intangibles and the arm talent to match. Mitch only has one of those two qualities.