1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We won’t win another game until….

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by hmmmmm, Sep 22, 2022.

1. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    We won’t win another game until Trubisky is benched.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Pure garbage tonight.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    That's a start, but not enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Jets week and the. The losing streak begins

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He was back pedaling on quite a few throws.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen that before.

His footwork and form is terrible.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, but what do you do when the offense looks the same with Pickett?

(FYI. I am probably putting Pickett in against the Jets but I think it's more Canada than Trubisky)

And I'm still not buying that this defense is good

HACK

7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    They might beat the Jets but after that who knows. Aren’t many wins on the schedule after that. Tomlin just said in his presser he has no interest in making changes so there goes the idea of Pickett playing next game.

8. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Defense is good enough, by no means great, but if the other phases of the game let you down, what can you do?

Steelers never should have signed Trubisky.

9. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

Canada will still be there Effing things up, BUT maybe Picket has the stones to audiblebn throw ball to open rec?

Def is not good without Watt. Cam gets doubled n frankly doesn't make a lot of splash. Alualu looks old Highsmith is a JAG n Witherspoon is looking like himself vs. End of last year

10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    TJ Watt is back.

11. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I agree the defense is very overrated. They just get a lot of sacks because of Watt. They never get key stops and they can’t stop the run to save their life. “But they’re tired” is what everyone Keeps saying.

12. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    The defense is desperately missing splash from the ILB’s, both of them...not just Bush.

They are expected to make the tackle, how are they changing the game though?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

I didn't want him, but I still think the issue is Canada play calling

The defense gives up 400 yards a game and more plays than any other team which means they are not getting off the field on 3rd downs. At one point Chubb was over 7 yards a carry.

Makes me miss Coach LeBeau

HACK

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I still miss the two-gap NT.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I really want a Timmons-type anchor ILB who can take down RBs like Chubb. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Also, Highsmith is good but we get no value from the other OLBs with Watt hurt. They just aren't contributing.

As for the offense, this won't be a popular opinion but I think Harris is more valuable as a receiver out of the backfield, like Bell was, than as a true running back. We waste too many downs trying to run up the middle. I know Pittsburgh people like/want smashmouth power football, but that's not the game today. You can open up the running game with a good downfield passing game. The one good note from tonight was that they were able to pick up a few short 3rd downs by running the football which seems to be difficult for them over the past couple of years.

QB play? IDK Trubisky makes some good throws. I am not sure that Kenny will bring that is a clear upgrade but we don't know without trying I guess? I just wouldn't want him to go in, show no offensive improvement, and then start off his career on a bad footing. I am not as convinced as the rest of the world that a few good pre-season games against 3rd stringers was enough to dub him the second-coming of Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I have no issue throwing to Naj, but when they dump it off to him ... it always seems to be in terrible situations where he can't do anything with it.

They got to find better routes for him.

17. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Yes, give him routes that get him downfield before getting the ball. Agreed.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Try hey are missing even adequate play from Bush

19. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    So this is your way of not taking me on a bet of you saying we will go 1-7?

20. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    We won't know until we put him in there. Canada is not a legit NFL offensive coordinator. However, we have talent at receiver and even with crappy play calling, they are getting open. Kenny showed great accuracy in preseason. If he can translate that at regular season game speed, then we will have a much better offense. At the current rate, we risk having our receivers just give up on routes rather than just throw their arms up in the air when Mitch misses or doesn't even see them.

21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Maybe he will change his mind after watching film.

22. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    We won't win until Matt Canada gets the pink slip, his playbook should be thrown into the nearest blast furnace as well.

23. VanIsle

VanIsle Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    A new voice is heard. . .

I

24. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Don’t have a HOF QB to bail us out now.

upload_2022-9-22_22-51-6.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't know... it is hard for me to deny they are at least capable of being good after that week 1 performance. Not having Watt hurts us TOO much. However, it is difficult to be confident in them simply because of what we have seen these last couple weeks. Although, I can't help but still hold hope for them because they really aren't getting a fair chance to play optimally. Our offense is going 3 and out quicker than I can take a piss. I do not have hope for our offense as long as they stick with Trubisky. I will say thought that I am getting more confident in our O-line although run blocking needs work. But again that could come down to scheme as well. Ugh, man there are a lot of problems and I hardly want to sound like one of the witch hunt posse but I am putting alot of this on Tomlin after this game.