1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers browns line jumped 2 points

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    A monster bet was made on the browns when the line was three and made betting line go up two points. If you asked the bettor why, he would say I watched the Steeler offense the past two seasons and Know the OC is still the loser who ran clown show last year and runs two yard pass plays on third and 8 or fourth and five . Someone is going to a lot richer come Thursday night. Only way the browns don’t win is if the Steeler d score ten points. The. We might hit 13.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did it really go up two points???
    Never mind. I don't bet on the Steelers ....they make Me not think clearly.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Yes it went up two full points. Some one must have watched our first two games and all of last years. The line sucks at run blocking so we have to pass and the qb who rarely has a lot of time can’t find wide open wrs crossing the middle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is really odd because the injury news has been mostly negative for the Browns and positive for the Steelers. Pittsburgh only has Bush on the injury report and he practiced in full today. The Browns will be without Clowney and Garrett missed Tuesday's practice with a sore neck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    :facepalm: :facepalm:

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ve been looking for you up at Helen’s to say hi. You still going up there once in a while?

8. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    This will be a race to ten, that's if they combine for ten. Probably a boring game for the national audience. I highly doubt Mitch and Canada gets this sorted out with a day of practice, and Brisset is even worse. I'm sticking with my 5-3 prediction.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    The Browns scored 30 pts last game, I don't see the Steelers scoring 30 on anyone.

10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    You bet on others?

• Like Like x 1
  11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Only when they are not on in St. Louis. I thought you had Sunday Ticket?

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I do have the Sunday ticket. But I do like to go up to Helen’s since they have such a big Steelers fan club there. Fun to watch the game with 100 Steelers fans.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers need to show they can get their pass rush going again to assume that sort of defensive performance. The offense seems to be good for one or two solid drives per game. I certainly wouldn't be the over, but I'm guessing it will be a score similar to the game against the Patriots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Mr. mytake, I'm going to assume you live in St. Louis area. This Helen's place must be a big sports bar??? What impresses me is that another poster said you can get like a 100 Steeler fans there. I live in an area where we get a lot of Pittsburgh people for vacation and then some retire here. Most we ever had at a sport bar watching our boys was about 30.

If your a Cardinal fan I salute you. IMO one of the best organizations in all of sports. Right in front of the Pirates:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Damn. That's a lot of people to monitor.

j/k

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I might have to take the Steelers and 5. Seems to good to pass up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Steelers do not really have a good history of playing in Cleveland on the Thursday night game.

The two that stick out to me are back in 2009, Steelers had a bad let down in a must win game in December.
    I know it was really cold, but Cleveland wasn't good and Steelers were coming off Super Bowl season.

The other was the Mason Rudolph getting bashed in the head debacle.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If I placed bets, I'd bet on the Browns to win this game. I've never gambled much, though. I'll probably be watching more of the WVU vs. VA Tech game than Steelers vs. Browns. The college game will likely be much more interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    The Steelers need 3 games to score 30 offensive points. Maybe 4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    After two games we are at 37. Not sure how many the D scored.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The defense has the one pick-six by Fitzpatrick, so yes, the offense has accounted for 30 points this season. That isn't much of an accomplishment and I'm sure the troll was going for hyperbole, but sometimes it is worthwhile to point these things out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    It is pretty cool to watch game with other Steelers fans, but it's not as comfortable as the recliner at home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    @steel machine When I was a kid, because I was a Steelers fan, I liked the Pirates, but when Lou Brock stole 118 bases at the age of 35 in 1974, my loyalty to the Cardinals increased. I still rooted for the Pirates in the '79 World Series. My guess is if the Immaculate Reception hadn't happened, my football loyalty may have been challenged in 1974 when the Cardinals started out 7-0, but probably not since the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl.. I am kind of glad the Steelers were bad in 1999 because I did enjoy the St. Louis Rams Super Bowl win and the Kurt Warner story.

The Cardinals and Steelers are very similar in how they do things, except their President John Mozeliak is the Tomlin equivalent. The Cardinals have not had a losing season under Mozeliak, but they have stated their goal is to compete for a playoff spot, but not necessarily compete for a World Series Championship. It is only because the NL Central is so weak, that the Cardinals are competing.

• Like Like x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Always, and college.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    A NC State-Duke game back in the 80's cured me of betting. NC State was favored by a point and a half but was trailing by 5 on the games final play. NC State scored on a Hail Mary as time ran out to give them a 1 point lead. All they had to do was kick the extra point to beat the spread but the student body ran onto the field and tore the goalpost down. The officials then waved the extra point try off and called the game a final right then. I never placed another bet again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1