1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch Trubisky already throwing Matt Canada under the bus?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Tomorrow head lines should be Canada is fired

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    He said the other meaning the Steelers has a Head Coach who is a defensive coach calling the Offense. You have to scroll all the way down to his last Twitter post. And please don’t call me stupid.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No You seen where they were thrown....not what was run

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Throw Canada under the bus? Last I checked garbage was already under the bus

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I mean...

Mitch... you are not without blame here either. Your lack of processing reads, poor foot mechanics and inability to attack the MOF are not helping in this regard either. For that matter and, to me, perhaps Matt Canada does not believe you can use the MOF if today's INT is to be a flashpoint.

Both of you are at large for the ineptitude of the Offense form my point of view. :shrug:

6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    If tomlin or Canada think Trub cannot be trusted to use MOF, then why is Trub in there??

That’s what players are saying…. Trust the players to make the plays, or else change the players. There’s no middle ground.

tomlin is too arrogant and out thinks his duties.

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The offense sucks, but if You will go back , and watch there are plays for the making. I don't know if He's not seeing them, or is scared to throw them. I do know I seen 6- 7 open targets, and if I knew how.... I would post them ......Also I seen 3 times players on offense throw their hands up in frustration because of being open, and Trubisky not going their way.
    He's (Trubisky) is lucky Ab isn't still on the team. LoL

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Last week they had Claypool in single against Hilton and every time he caught a pass Hilton was all over him and never got separation. They have 4 tall pass catchers in Claypool, Boykin, Pickens and Muth and never exploited that mismatch at all. Other than Watt's 1st down run I don't think he saw the field. Ditto for Heyward. Why dress these guys if they see more time on ST than on offense.

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of the 5 guys in front of mitch because I can't believe any player who has played most of their life is that unaware.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just so we’re clear. Why is there garbage already under the bus?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Watt and Heyward are primarily special teams guys right now. There are always going to be guys who dress and play mostly on special teams. If they had kept Rader instead, he would be doing the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I was going to make a post wondering if the play book even had a slant route in it. But found this thread first

HACK

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Quite the damning antipodean set of circumstances for young Kenny no?! Bear in mind that Canada himself recruited Kenny to Pitt some time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It does, and We ran some, but You have to 1. Not throw a pick on them, ...
    2. Don't throw behind the target, and.....
    3. Actually throw them.
    Just like the sidelines....there were plays to be had, but You have to attempt them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If you have guys with a skill set even a limited one why not utilize them? I'm not arguing that they are just ST's guys or if they elevated player X over player y they still would only get mostly ST's work. I'm saying the OL sucks and you have guys that can block, guys who can carry the ball, guys who can catch the ball in uniform standing on the sideline. Use them! They had a couple of beauty play action plays and Mitch just saw ghosts. I'd give my kidney or even my left nut to have the Ravens OC look at this roster and design a playbook.

16. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    exactly, compare the 2020 offense with the 2021 offense. Different OC, same picture to me

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    He said one [QB] has a legitimate offensive coordinator meaning Matt Canada. Matt Canada is a legit OC he's just not very good at (or at minimum unproven at the NFL level), but that's all he's done throughout his career in college and the pros. Most people are aware that BB, HC of the Patriots , and Matt Patricia who was DC under BB for 5 years and a former HC himself have been calling the plays for the Patriots because they did not hire an OC. But even if you didnt know about that both MP and BB have dabbled in other roles on the offensive side of the ball, but their bread and butter are as DCs. Either way u knew MC was the only OC in this equation so that must mean the twitter post is referring to someone in the Patriots org as the other part of this equation so I still dont know how you came up with Tomlin.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  18. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Batch is all but saying that he's not allowed to change out of plays on the post game show.

Still does not forgive his crappy mechanics and staring down receivers!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I mean, I guess tell Canada not to call QB scrambles toward the sideline and get sacked plays when you're driving down for a last second scoring chance as well!

Maybe Tell Canada not to call stare at your primary receiver and throw a pick plays either! Not a good look for him.

Canada deserves some blame for not being able to call plays that manipulate defenses, but damn throwing mistakes are all on him!

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We have no bus. Our offense is a minivan at best. LOL.

23. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    I have a hard time believing it’s all or even mostly Canadas fault. Trubisky is the one out there. He’s supposed to go through his progressions and make a play when the first read isn’t there. I saw enough replays that showed open receivers downfield. Trubisky is just not seeing the field.

it’s certainly looking like either Trubisky will be benched or Canada will be demoted or let go. I think it will be the former.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    that’s the wrong game. Isn’t Trub talking about NE game?

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    When they are sitting in the film room Monday, the tape won't lie. Is Mitch
    not making the right reads, or are the plays being called not right? And let's hope we here accurate reporting of this subject. No Tomlinsons, just accurate reporting. We are team, let's get this ironed out and quickly. For the betterment of the TEAM.