1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Right now it’s piss poor play calling and dumb QB decisions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Cliff, Sep 11, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Boy all that extra time Mitch had with His Wrs in the offseason at His house really showed up in this game. LoL.
    Dang ....I meant to do this in Green. LoL

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I know this would be NFL Crazy talk, but it is a shame we can't play both Mitch and Kenny in a game.

The 2 QBs have such a different style of dealing with the Pass rush, Mitch runs around like a crazy man trying to get more time to throw the ball, while Picket seems to avoid the pass rush with his quick release, this would drive defenses crazy having to prepare for both QBs every week.

I know this is not how the NFL does the QB position; RB position Yes, WR position Yes, QB position No, seems like it would be fun to watch them both play in a game.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He is part of the problem creating that bad situation. Despite the change at quarterback, they still aren't throwing the ball over the middle. That makes me thinking it is the design of the offense, not just the limitations of the quarterback. That is a huge part of the problem. It is way too easy for teams load up against the run and shift their coverage to the outside knowing the Steelers won't do enough over the middle to make them pay for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I totally agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I too believe this is a problem.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I just don't understand a team so consistently avoiding passes to the middle of the field. Opposing defenses have to see this. They have to be taking advantage of it. Slants, crossing patterns, and post routes have to be there at least some of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. CBart

CBart New Member

Sep 17, 2022
    Did you guys even watch the game??? What are you even talking about...I reading Kenny will be in very soon if Mitch keeps looking like this..lol..like what?? If you guys are waiting on Kenny your gonna be waiting till next year..Mitch would have to be turning the ball over n losing games for them...they played conservative..after seeing the defense...He hasn't played in 2 years...a terrible line that can't protect for deep throws...it was the game plan..make the Bengals have to do all the work to win the game...sure it almost cost them..but it didn't..and plays were made when they had to be made..n oh yeah...Mitch beat the Bengals..same team that beat the **** outa Ben...you guys are just those small percentage of fans that the first bad pass will boo n call for Kenny...it's humiliating ..makes the fans look stupid...Kenny will get his ass handed to him in this league if thrown in now...Then what..this ain't Pitt

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OK. Mrs Trubisky.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Mitch? Really? This is the same B.S we’ve seen for the last two years.