1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harris “should be good to go” Sunday vs. the Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015

• Like Like x 2
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm starting to think Najee ISN'T it...No speed, no wiggle or elusiveness, injuries starting to pile up...He runs really hard, seems like a great kid...But he doesn't pass the eye test for me at all

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Until the line does a better job blocking and we have some sort of passing attack that a team would maybe fear. It's gonna be tough sledding for Najee Harris.

Sadly not sure if that is ever gonna happen the way it looks....

4. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    He has poor vision and no speed. But he doesn't fumble , can block, powerful at times, and can catch. He's an average runner but a good safety valve for the QB. Najee only has one more 100 yard rushing game than Benny Snell and Najee has waaaay more starts and touches as well. yikes

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    There is no point saving RB's though. Most of them fall off or are completely ineffective by the time they are 28-29. Usage plays a role in that, but that is the life of the feature back in the NFL. You can get your 4 years, 5th year option and one franchise tag. After that, you let them go and start over with another back. Why save his legs for his second contract when its not a guarantee he has one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I almost feel bad for RB's ( especially Tomlin RB's) ran them into the ground, or as Popcorn says " Run their wheels off "...

Away a few years they're Toast...Send them to pasture, get another one...wash, rinse , repeat

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I see your point , so maybe why even draft 1 high if you have a bad OL and bad play calling ...I want my high investment going after a high prize ie. A fresh RB in the playoffs thats the time in my mind to give the heavy work.. During the season I think the work should be shared and if your stud is banged up you shelf him so you can get his best later..

8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    That is a fair argument. That is why so many teams have RBBC (Running Back-By Committee) situations. However, I truly believe that is because there are so few elite all around RB's.... but lots of decent enough RB's. It's really a pick your poison. You can draft one in the first two rounds and expect them to be the bell cow for six years (Elliot, Chubb, Henry, McCaffrey, Barkley, Mixon, etc). When it hits, its awesome (see Le'Veon Bell), but when it doesn't its a disaster. However, not having a great RB hinders the offense and forces you to be more of a throwing team (see KC, LA Rams, or Buffalo). Just depends on the type of team/offense you want to build. The latter of the two is dependent on having an elite QB.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    When you run into a wall of DBs its tough to get any yardage. Regardless if it was Warren or Najah there was no lanes for running and Cinci stacked the box to make Trib throw.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That is RBs across the league. Not just here. Just go Look.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What? Where did I go?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Good. If Wallace’s injury is just a bump or bruise, that’s really good. I was concerned about losing him as well.