1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on QB and Run Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by StrongasSteel, Sep 12, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I forgot all about how hyped Pickens was during yesterdays what the hell game. Still way early. Our offense hopefully gets in tune.

Burrow confused the hell out of me. I assumed he was the next big thing and I know Bengal fans did if their message boards from last season are any indication. Again it's early but 5 INT's, at home season opener after the year they had is really odd.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We have a pretty good D when all are a go.

3. Don Ehmsen

Don Ehmsen New Member

Sep 12, 2022

4. Don Ehmsen

Don Ehmsen New Member

Sep 12, 2022
    Trubisky is certainly no improvement over Ben. Nothing but dinky short crappy passing. He was a backup last year for a reason and a loser in Chicago! Pickett should start!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Don Ehmsen

Don Ehmsen New Member

Sep 12, 2022

7. Don Ehmsen

Don Ehmsen New Member

Sep 12, 2022
    O line is horrific, and has been for several years. More of the same, and if we can’t start a QB who will throw it downfield, we are hurting. His 3rd down completion percentage was deplorable. Trubisky needs to take a seat and moved to 3rd on depth chart. Think about it fans! How many 3rd down passes did he convert?

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Warren looked good on this blitz pick up though :shrug:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Pickens did beat his man for which could've been a long TD, if Trubisky would've threw him a good ball.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Besides jet play there is no running game. Anytime a d knows we are likely to run, we get pushed back two yards on the line of scrimmage and almost got Harris put in the hospital. One of the worst lines in the league and not getting better until we draft a high round tackle or guard and get at least two free agents. Kansas City fixed their line issues in a year and we are in your four of crap online. Front office is to blame

11. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

12. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    This line is no better than last year. Same players, different names so I am glad to see you point it out.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't you think these OL would get tired of having their ass beat? I know I would.

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    The Bisk did ok but he missed alot of throws. Keep in mind Cincis defense is no slouch. Top rated in fact. Communication seem to be a problem . He will get better. I have to say though I think KP does a better job in that game.

15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It seems the coaches think the OL are good ,as we don't call plays to help them. Where is the screen game ,tunnel screens, swing screens, smoke screens, throwback screens. TE screens ? All of these would help poor OL play then you add the shovel pass game and reverse or end around game this keeps DL guessing and helps keep contain defenders at home...

You also have to call some plays to get some defenders out of the box ,this Team needs to practice the deep fade route with the quick lob and anytime a Team goes zero coverage or plays man on 1 side of the field you make the throw..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is where a run game coordinator that understands running the ball, blocking angles assignments comes into play. An Iconic franchise
    and we have to go with this OL coach? C'mon man

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    All good points. The OC should be further along at this point imo.

18. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Mostly agree. Seems a bit light on criticism of Mitch`s performance though.

Bungles do cover pretty good. Want to see how we do better or not against a weaker defense.

Found out one thing, we need the awesome defense we saw for most of the game and if we have that we can contend by winning ugly.

Questions: How long till we get all the key players back? Can we win enough games waiting on full strength defense?

19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Great pressure on QB, tighter coverage is what I saw for us. Also think Burrow looked a little rusty. Pregame said Bungles didn`t let starters play in preseason games (something like that) if I remember right.

• Like Like x 1
  20. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Window screens, widescreens, cinema screens, bongscreens, anything to get our offense to mesh.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Oline gave Mitch enough time to throw. Especially considering the Bengals front being as good as they are. Canada and Mitch were below the line.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I do feel Canada best right the ship or the ice should be thin. Mitch wasn't sexy but that pass to Muth set up the win by Boz. Zero turnovers.

The receivers were blanketed. And we couldn't run for $hit.

The bungles have a solid defense.

Do I think that Mitch can play better? Of course. But the offense as a whole needs to improve.

Oh, and were 1-0. Tough gritty effort.

• Like Like x 1