1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This will be Tomlin 1st losing season. Tough 10 years ahead.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Yes

32.5%
  2. No

67.5%
  1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oh the beAvis and butthead effect. Weilland and and Vedder sound nothing alike. I would say Weilland sounds different from song to song. Where vedder always sounds the same. I don’t see how anyone can compare DeLeo’s guitar work to gossard and amment’s. My best advice, get some Q-tips.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Heard all these lame arguments in the 90’s STP fanboy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    FFS…stick to tennis then.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So you’ve been wrong for 30 years. You and shot have something in common

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Uh...you are wrong about STP. Purple and Tiny Music albums were totally STP originality. Brilliant music. Weiland's vocals were Vedder-like on Core.... however Plush song blows away any song on Pearl Jam's Ten by a country mile. Plush is a Led Zeppelin/The Who/Rush caliber song.

If any band ripped off Pearl Jam....it was Bush, Silverchair and Seven Mary Three.

And I'm a big fan of Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder solo music.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I like STP but I can be objective about it unlike all the 90s fanboys who’ve been wrong for 30 years. I’m not saying everything they produced was a Pearl Jam imitation but if you are telling me Core, which put them on the map doesn’t sound like Pearl Jam you are full of ****.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m talking specifically about Core although Interstate Love Song was another one very much like Pearl Jam.

I agree about Silverchair and Seven Mary Three somewhat but not Bush.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    In the 60’s STP was a popular psychedelic drug

I have no clue what you are talking about

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    As a bass player....I can say the guitar and bass sounds of Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots are totally different. STP had a much more aggressive sound on Core than Pearl Jam had on Ten.

Jeff Ament and Robert DeLeo are great bass players....but DeLeo is in a league all of his own. Listen to "Interstate Love Song" bass line. Pure freakin' excellence.

10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Bush had the over-produced Nirvana sound with the Vedder vocals.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :hijacked:

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    For reals? I never heard of STP as a drug, heard of LSD naturally but not STP.

Stone Temple Pilots liked the oil treatment logo and came up with with Stone Temple Pilots to fit STP.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Serenity Tranquility Peace

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Methylamphetamine

Or so I heard

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Dude, Silverchair didn't rip of Pearl Jam. Of all the guys that tried to be Eddie Vedder, Daniel Johns was not one of them.

If anything he was ripping off Cobain. Although they had a more metal sound than Nirvana.

Dude, go back and listen to Frogstomp. And, keep in mind, they were 16 years old!

They really evolved as a band over the years. Listen to Straight Lines. When Johns goes from soft and melodic, to accessing his power, goose bumps.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He thinks they will wait 10 years to hire him as GM. That is the only thing that can save them. :thumbs_up:

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Tool is great, Danny is an amazing drummer. Faith no more is awesome as well. Not a big fan of Rage with the machine though lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    This is my fav from them imo they should’ve stayed semi grunge like this but broke mainstream

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  18. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018

19. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018

20. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    I happen to agree with all you said I’m not sure these guys can do anything without an all great QB I guess we’ll see. My guess is Steelers will be real bad for a while

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    That midlife crisis from FNM at the 2:40 mark always gives me chills… the breakdown feels very dark. Love the drums

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Voices maybe semi similar but as far as songs I don’t think they are too similar. I prefer STP over PJ but PJ debut came out in 91 vs core at 92. I think also ten was overall a better album vs core commercial wise.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I disagree it should take 1 year to fix the offensive line. It doesn't need to be perfect but it needs to be better than terrible.

I hope this group can prove me wrong as it is the Achilles heel of an otherwise capable team.

Also if the run D sucks release Devin Bush a 4th year player top LB in college needs to be playing to their capabilities by now.

24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    STP is an oil company. Stone Temple Pilots we’re a decent band riddled with heroin use

used to dig em but junkies are junkies and they’re gonna junkie on to death or miraculous sobriety. I have no use for the artist regardless if they can’t clean it up. Plenty of use for motor oil however. Hope that don’t offend anyone but I’m pretty callous do to personal experience.

• Like Like x 2
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Sadly these old farts will never get to celebrate another Steelers Super Bowl victory. Maybe they can plan a meet up at a concert and all go in matching Tomlin jerseys. That will have to be their Super Bowl.

1 year? They’ve failed miserably the last two years. What’s going to change? We never have a high enough pick for elite OL because never having a losing season is more important than Championships. So we end up with some player that’s on the cusp. He just needs good coaching to be solid or he will suck and we have terrible coaching. Then we go cheap in FA and grab everything we can from the bargain bin.

We finally get back to consistent 30 point offense. We will still give up 40 points. We got sub par ILB play. Mid corners on both sides and a terrible SS. Just a revolving door of holes on the roster. All of these have been issues for 3-4 years and nothing has been done to address any of it.