1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason is worth more than a 6th, 5th, 4th

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure, he could win a starting job, in the USFL! Maybe.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If some team is dumb enough to give up a 4th for Mason, you take it, 4th round pick>Mason knowing the playbook.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I really think Mason can’t wait to never have to come back to Pittsburgh unless it’s on a Sunday.

4. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    after tonights performance I now change my mind back to what I felt with Rudolph in the past.... and that is let him go for a 7th, just so we can put that money somewhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    He's terrible.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Disagree. i was not impressed with him like I was last week. But 17/21 with over 100 yards and a TD. Is good for pre season.

But I now say i would trade him for 6th. Just so we can get that money to someone else.

7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I trade him for a T, G or ILB, If I'm going to move him. There's some holes on this squad that gotta be fixes yesterday. I'd almost rather him chill with a clipboard than worry about a replay of 19 and see Oladokun get some regular season snaps. I think a deep QB room isn't a bad thing considering Pickett is a rookie and no matter how great he's looked, he's still going to have growing pains.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What's it like 2 see wrong completely in one, and be totally blind 2 the other???
    Mitch throws behind the line of scrimmage....crickets.
    Mason throws behind the line scrimmage....WHAT...can't He throw past the sticks.

Trubisky gets sacked...crickets.
    Mason gets sacked....He can't read the field ...has no pocket awareness.

Trubisky has wide open guy ....misses by 5 yards...crickets
    Mason makes a guy reach for the ball....He throws late, and unaccurately.

LoL....some of You are so funny

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think realistically you're only getting a 5th round pick for Mason for two reasons.

1) everyone has their QBs this year

2) He's in the last year of his contract.

So in reality, the Steelers will be waiting for injuries of other teams if they want to trade Rudolph.

As for the Steelers, our offensive line is not good enough to give an immobile QB time to hit deep on a consistent basis. Rudolph should go to a team that can give him the time needed to pass deep.

As I've said before, I don't think Mason is franchise QB material but can serve as a serviceable backup somewhere.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    SteelersDepot has various trade scenario's here if anyone is interested.

Of the one's I want to happen, the Minnesota Vikings trade proposal is simply too good of a trade to pass up. Besides, Dotson seemingly cannot stay healthy and it is now fair to say that, while improved, Kendrick Green is simply not a starting caliber NFL Guard. Give those two some competition in addition to some insurance for the rest of the Offensive Line. John Leglue can be used elsewhere in my opinion; preferably the swing tackle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Tomlin when asked about Rudolph’s performance said, varsity vs JV.

What’s funny is you are about the only one that can’t see Rudolph isn’t starter quality. How much you want to bet Mitch will still start for 1 or more teams over the rest of his career and Rudolph will be lucky to still be in the NFL but yeah, it’s us that doesn’t know what we are talking about.

12. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Trubisky average 12 yards in air yards per attempts in the preseason and he has break 3-4 sacks so far in the preseason...I don't said that Trusbisky is a above average QB in this league but he is much better that Rudolph

• Like Like x 1
  13. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    It's very difficult to think anyone would use a third on MR. That's all he was worth coming out of college with potential. Can anyone say with a straight face he has lived up to that potential? If not, why would any one pay the same?

14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Malone was with the team 7 years
    .not all starting of course. Bobby was with the team 6 years. Kordell 7, Neil 5. No actual gauge but as most took the starting job their 3rd year Malone and KS likely had the most starts between Terry and Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Meh...3 million salary, 4 mill cap hit, 1 mill dead cap. Considering the total invested this year in QB salaries it's really not that much in reality.

I just remember a few years back and the mess we were in. That said not sure Dobbs would have done any better than what we had. My concern is the O line. Of Pickett starts can we protect him enough, not just injury wise, but how many Qbs have had their careers stuttered and outright ruined by sacks and pressures. You can't committ to the kid, then yank him in and out.

Idk..we want to compete and I want to believe we can, but glaring red flags on both ol and d. You have to think not only this year but long term. 5th or lower I think I keep him..4th you have to consider it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Which was a good move..had no other qb under contract.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Though I agree with You a lot .....this is coming from someone that wanted us 2 trade for Watson, wanted us 2 draft Feleipe Franks at Qb ,wanted us 2 draft Malik Willis at Qb, and thinks Lamar Jackson is a great Qb. So while I agree with You on a lot, and Love what You got 2 say....I'll have 2 demure away from what You say about Qbs. LoL
    Still Your friend. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We already have an OL in Green that is struggling. I’m not sure we want to trade for a guy who could barely hang onto the practice squad?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    After watching our line yesterday and Mitch constantly running for his life on every play; Mason is going to be worth his weight in Gold as an injury replacement.

I don't know if you would want to turn Kenny Picket into the next tragic David Carr story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Twice Mitch had a guy 2 throw 2 instead of watching the rush. I actually hope they start Mitch...won't be long. Same thing in Chicago...they complained about .... Him taking off when Wrs are open. That and His inaccurate deep throws.
    He may have fixed His deep throws, but He still looks 2 run when guys are open.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Change of scenery could help for certain. It has thus far for Myles Jack. Who is to say lightning cannot strike twice here?! Yes, James Daniel's is still a major worry but Green has been a disaster.

At worst, Davis provides depth for the Guard spot. In addition and, as stated, John Leglue is better served as a swing tackle and not guard.

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't ever remember Mitch having a clear pocket on any pass plays. There could have multiple wide-open receivers when Mitch was back scrambling for his life on every play.

After last night I am team Mitch. Let him rest his bruised body for the final preseason game, so he can be 100% healthy for the opener.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have You actually watched the game???

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yes Green is terrible right now. Myles Jack is a terrible comparison. Trading a potential 2nd string QB for a guy that has struggled to stay on the practice squad is not a good idea. JMO

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yeah, and I think in those first 2 series Jacksonville could have gotten away with only having 4 players on the field! As soon as the ball was snapped either Mitch was immediately running for his life, or the RB was being tackled in the backfield.

Either Jacksonville has the greatest front 4 in NFL history, or we are completely screwed this year.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2