1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tonight's game felt like a regular season game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I was literally on my seat screaming and cheering the entire time. I have never felt like that before. Honestly about the end of the first half I'm trying to stop my eye lids from having me go to sleep.

To see all 3 QB come out with drives for a TD was great.

Kenny going for 2 point conversation showed me he's not afraid. Kenny took a couple sacks as well and his eyes stayed with hope he could make a play Happen, yet kept ball control. He even took a late hit like a champ. And then he showed he could do a 2 minute drill. I also apprecite seeing him not let emotion get to him for when the TD was reviewed, as well as when that third down should have been a first down.

Rudolph had the incident at the start. But the next play he forgot all about it and went for a bomb to pickens. He also showed he really knows the playbook.

Trubisky looked great and you can tell the training he did with everyone in Florida really helped.

As for the running game. Warren shows he can hit the hole hard. While mcfarland is shifty. So that's going to be nice behind Harris. I think they will go with Warren behind Harris, due to McFarland returning.

Offensive line was good. Therefore i look for them to continue to improve, due to that's how offensive lines do.

Olszewski i was not expecting to be on WR. I really thought he was going to be a returner. And man was he great tonight.

Bokyin I'm happy for. He finally is getting a chance to play. I really hope we end up having room for him. But you can tell we are going to have to make some hard decisions due to having a lot of great players.

And Pickens!!!! Great Great Great. I'm not going to say pro bowl. But i expect him to run his mouth like randy moss, yet back it up. (By the way he'll never be like Brown). I'm from Georgia and went to their training session. He's a great guy and is confident.

Little brother Heyward showed ST he could play. Yet made moves on offense.

Kazee did as i expected to cover his zone. But he did make a play outside of his zone. So that was nice to see. (I know him because i used to be a photographer for the failclowns). I never seen him as great, but he plays his position and looks to knock balls out of the air. He's basically like a solid player.

Also great to see the support of the fans for all 4 quarters. That was great!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Also want to say thanks to y'all here. I've had a bad incident with the failclowns living in Georgia. So it's nice to see how y'all treat one another.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn I'm getting old and dumb. I couldn't figure out what the hell you meant with "failclowns". If you said Atlanta I'd have gotten it sooner. I'm thinking who the hell are the Georgia Failclowns.

Anyway, yeah that was a great pre-season game last night. I do love the weapons we seem to have on offence although I'm still not sold we have an NFL starting QB. Trub threw more passes last night then the entire 2021 season. Mason is Mason and Pickett has far to go.

Oh Go Falcons! Just goofing with you!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Best preseason game I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Agreed. I've never felt like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Is it strange I watched it again today? Do I miss football that bad? Or maybe it's because it's really entertaining to see the depth we have and what will they end up doing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I was expecting to see chaos, sloppy play by the starters. Instead, getting optimistic it may not be a horrible year like I feared.

Also thinking Pickett could be better than expected.

Need to see more, but at least we have a great start.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    even my girl watched the preseaon game. guessing that was a first for her.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Well... I am not surprised that Saturday's Game felt as such. Tremendous change not just for the Team but also the Franchise as well. New QB, new General Manager, new Stadium Name (which I will not recognize until further notice) and most of all, new challenges.

What will a world without Big Ben in his prime look like?! It was just a Preseason Game but their is definitley positive steps that were in the right direction for certain. The question remains is to whether or not those steps can be turned into leaps for greater progression?! Time will tell.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess I am getting old.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I watched it live and have rewatched it at least five times. I loved it!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Screenshot_20220817-003325_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    That's incredible to me considering that the Red Sox/Yankees are arguably the premier matchup in North American sports.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    People really want to see football. Can't blame them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    maybe because the team actually went out and got some new players , via FA and a few exciting draft picks, not to mention at QB.
    not the same old stale team, which it definitely became the past couple seasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    it's pre-season. We played hard. FAR cry from live bullets, however. Seattle sucks. I had us at 7-9 wins in May and I still sit there. Very hard to see 9+ wins with some of the holes we have, with maybe 2 of the top 5 teams in the AFC in our division

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ravens a top 5 AFC team? Nope.

I'd rank Bengals, Chiefs, Raiders, Bills, Broncos and Chargers above Ravens.

• Winner Winner x 1