1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury report?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I have not heard anything about the injuries to Witherspoon and Joseph. Anyone know anything about the severity?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    si.com had a brief article: Karl Joseph, who hurt his ankle in the first half, was walking around the Steelers' locker room with crutches and a boot after the game. Tomlin added that all other injuries suffered during the game were "not of any significance".

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    usually get those updates on Tuesday. With the obvious exceptions being a superstar with major injury.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Joseph couldn't even get on the field when he was healthy last year, so I'm not that worried about them losing him.

Witherspoon and Kazee, however, are huge parts of that defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Just curious why you say Joseph couldn't get on the field last year but Kazee is huge..kazee wasnt on the field for the Steelers either.

Remember that this is both their first camps in Pittsburgh...Joseph was signed to the practice squad after the final 53 last year

Should we not just base it on this year's camp... they both were playing well IMO

Might have been a2 dogs 1 bone thing

Minkah, Edmonds, Norwood, Killahrew, Kazee, Joseph

When 5 at most probably stick

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was hoping the...No news was Good news thing.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I wrote that because Joseph was with the team last year. He played in two games and registered two tackles.

Kazee started 15 games for the Cowboys last year. He missed much of the 2020 season, but he started at least 14 games in three of the last four years. He was more likely to contribute this season even before Joseph's injury.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The reports on Joseph don't sound good. There really isn't much word on Witherspoon yet other than the injury being his right shoulder. That is a big concern.

It looked like Kazee was called for a concussion check. Though this article refers to him coming right off the field after a play, he actually tried to stay in, then they stopped the game to get him off the field.

• Like Like x 1