1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Players needed to fill second Fantasy League!

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fantasy Football season is here!

This is still Rays baby, I’m just getting things started as he hasn’t been on in a while and the season is drawing near.

This thread is (initially) to determine how much interest we'll have to form a league (or 2, or even 3).

As always, it will be a LIVE draft, Labor Day Weekend, or possibly early Labor Day depending on feedback. No, you don't have to draft live. You can pre-rank players or even allow the computer to pick for you, but where's the fun in that? ;)

Remember that we'll fill the leagues up on a first to ask, first invited basis. We'll try to accommodate everyone. But if, say, you're the 25th person, and we can't fill another 12 team league, you might unfortunately be the odd man out unless some folks want to join multiple leagues.

If you are interested in joining, please post in this thread the following info:

Preferred draft day/time (Sat, Sun or Labor Day / morning, noon, afternoon, etc)

If you'd like to join multiple leagues if we need to fill a second or third up. (We'll fill with people who don't yet have a league first).

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    First! :lolol:

Any time not too early, not too late is fine for me. :yeehaw:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I guess I should make mine official before I miss out on a technicality :lolol:

Sat/Sun/Labor Day all the same to me. Early/mid Afternoons work best. Just 1 league for me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You know me Blast I'm down with the league and and will make any time for the draft work.

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Thanks for getting this started @Blast Furnace

I’ll play again, would play in a second league if there is room too. Regarding draft times the earlier in the day the better for me as I’m dealing with the time difference but I’ll work with whatever is decided.

7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm in as well.

At some point after the championship last year I realized that I lost my first round playoff (by about 7 points) because I started the Browns D over the Rams. If I'd won, my team scored enough to have beaten Blast in the second round. Then the entire roster blew up in the finals, posting nearly 300 points, which would have taken the trophy from My Take.

So it all came down to starting the Browns over the Rams. I guess I should consider myself lucky ownership didn't fire me.

8. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    I’d like to be in this again. Last year was fun

i work weekends in the afternoon/evening so am early draft works better for me. However I’ll work around whatever is selected

9. gumbygolf

gumbygolf Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'll play again. Evenings work best for me, but after the 29th any time of day will work since I'll be recovering from knee surgery.

10. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am in and ready to defend my title. Sunday late afternoon or evening works best for me.

11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We need 2 more for a league. We can do it with 10 but 12 is better.

2 spots left, first come first serve.

13. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats 12!

Thor is going to head this up from here. Going to wait until this coming Monday to begin, give Ray a little more time to show.

Let’s hope Ray is just busy with life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  17. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  18. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Blast, thanks for getting the troops together.

As for the draft, unless someone has an issue with it I'm currently looking at next Monday, 1pm (EST). Being a holiday, it helps some maneuver their schedules, and IRL has five hours on us, so I wanted to keep it to the afternoon timeframe. If anyone has a specific issue let me know ASAP so I can lock it in and everyone can schedule accordingly.

I'll have the league set up no later than this Monday, and will send the link and password once I do. Just as a reminder we're on a quick turnaround this year, so make sure you register once you get the invite so I know we're all in.

@Lizard72 and @SC Gamecock, we'll need another six to eight people to fill out a second league (a couple above are open to playing in two leagues; I will as well if it's down to needing a final team) - so we'll see if we get some more over the next few days. Otherwise I'll let you know if anyone above changes their mind and/or doesn't register by next Friday or Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm already in two so no big deal. Didn't read that the first league had already filled

20. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I'm in as well if there's any more invites to give. I won mine last year with a rivals of nfc South fan base.

Any time works for me. I'm retired

21. gumbygolf

gumbygolf Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    @Thor. Just checking on your draft date. You said next Monday (I'm assuming the 29th) but then you mentioned holiday which is the 5th.

Just trying to get clarification because the 29th I'll be under the knife getting knee replaced. I will pre-rank if that's the case.

Thanks again for putting this together.

22. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Interested.

Preferred draft day/time: Any of the days. Mornings best.

Single league is enough for me.

23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Yeah, I was just coming on to clarify I meant draft day for Labor Day Monday, 9/5.

Sorry about that. It's what I get for posting at 6am.

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Apparently I'm in already in The Steelers Fans II as well. Someone must have hit renew.

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Any chance we can do 3 on Memorial day?