1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Through 8 Practices

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Was just watching a podcast with Jim Wexell. He, Max Starks and Wolfley have really been impressed, stating if this progress continues the Steelers may have a decade plus guy at Lt. Long season but high praise indeed.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Funny, I thought the same thing about opening up on the road against the Bills last year. Surprise-Surprise-Surprise

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I've never before heard or seen practice stats...PRE season practice stats at that! Do other teams do this? I've seriously never heard, or seen this before

5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Back to back fumble for Rudolph at one point today

6. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I wouldn't put any credibility on practice stats. I saw a RB run to the endzone after he would've been tackled 3 times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The same people saying these stats don't matter would be hanging their hat on them if the QB they like was ahead.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    rank it against the early Cowher years before Stewart was named starter and then even afterwards with the Graham and Miller fiasco. Is the team good enough around these guys to overcome the growing pains? Is the coaching good enough to have it not be a factor?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I once saw a guy lead the team in sacks during the preseason and couldn't stay on the team after the 53 was announced. Also seen a nobody runningback force his way onto the team with his preseason and camp play only to have Tomlin misuse him and cut him after the 3rd regular season game. I've started taking everything about camp and preseason as being meaningless with the exception of Watt's rookie year. That 1st preseason game vs the Giants he flashed big time from the kick off.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Any idea who the center was?

Or, the better question would be "Why would he post this and not say who the center was"?

I heard JC is having a great camp, I wonder if he could push Mason Cole for playing time?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Pickett has improved greatly from Week One to Week Two via reports from multiple media sources. That said, it will be interesting to see if that improvement can translate to the field for there truly is no feeling like live in game reps.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

With some players, "it" often shines; some more brighter than others. If the first preseason game was not enough for those that doubted T.J. Watt, the very first game against the likes of Joe Thomas was all the evidence I needed. While I knew he could be great... I did not foresee the ridiculous amount of impact he would have; doubly so in the turnover department.

It is common for great EDGE Players to obtain strip sacks no question. However, the rate at which T.J. is going, assuming health permitting, he does have a good shot to either break the NFL Record (52 by Robert Mathis per this link here) or be in the Top 3 at worst when it is all said and done. Heck, even if he does not, he will most definitely surpass James Harrison in due time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Oh yes Tuzar Skipper. The Lawrence Taylor of preseason only to turn into Lawrence Welk when the real games started.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Agreed. He would've had a perfect day (at least statistically) today if it wasn't for a drop. I'm not sure what that means in the greater scheme of things, but every day this past week has been better than the previous for him. But yea, seeing how he plays on Saturday will be a huge indicator.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    According to Moats early in camp Rudolph's number were better, because he wasn't taking any chances, especially throwing down field.

It was a lot of easy throws/check downs.

The other 2 are pushing it down the fielder at least trying to.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Like my softball stats I used to keep. I counted errors as hits and last I checked I was well over 500 batting average. :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Willie Nelson bought a golf course
    He declared one hole a par 18 and almost birdied the sucker the other day

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Daryl Richardson or who??

19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Pickett's not playing Saturday. Just like the Bowl game he skipped he doesn't want to get hurt before real season starts.

I'm just getting my last dig (I hope) on him for skipping that meaningless Bowl game and letting his fellow classmates down. I know it's all about the $$$$$$$$.

Your right Saturday is huge for our QB situation. When we knew Ben was the guy the first pre-season game was for seeing who #2 QB might be.

• Like Like x 3
  20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Watson in 2017 led all backs in camp and preseason and made the 53. They then tried him as a kickoff returner(failed miserably) and used him as the short yardage back where it was an obvious tell so teams stacked the box. He was cut shortly there after.

• Like Like x 1
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am guessing a lot of these stats come from the 7 shots redzone drill. That probably plays a factor in the low yardage totals.

• Winner Winner x 3
  22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Plus the defense isn't allowed to touch the QB. It is a lot easier to scan the field and throw to a receiver without the fear of being hit.

• Like Like x 1
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    LMAO at stats during camp. Those stats and a buck eighty will get you a cup of coffee at waffle house.

24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    You forgot to factor in inflation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Some of you guys will complain about anything.

Are the stats meaningless? Yes.

Do the practice stats mean Rudolph is going to be the starter and Pickett will be a bust? No.

Are the stats fun to look at? Yes.

I like the stats because even though there are a lot of variables, you can spot trends.

Those being....

Rudolph has been consistently the best QB so far.

Pickett has gotten considerably better with each practice.

Trubisky has been lackluster so far.

It doesn't mean a lot. But it also does mean something.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2