1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DJ signed to an extension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Aug 4, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. That was a little bit later. :thumbs_up:

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok

3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I don’t recall a single case in the 50+ yrs that I’ve followed pro football where an owner put a gun to a fans head and forced him to fork over money. If the NFL teams are getting too much money, it’s because fans are all too eager to hand it to them. I sympathize for fans who can’t afford to go to games, but richer people are real fans too. Who you gonna sell your product to?

if you want to sell your house, are you going to sell it at half market value to some poor single mother or at full value to someone else? Does your answer change if I tell you that the savvy single mom will turn around and sell it at full price and pocket the difference?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

For me, it’s the young Mary Tyler Moore, from the Dick Van Dyke show. I realize this goes back 60 yrs, but so do I.

Ever notice in later years, Daphne and Freddy disappeared from Scooby-Doo leaving Velma and Shaggy to solve the mysteries? It’s a small wonder why.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why on earth does that appeal to you?

NBA hasn’t been good since Jordan, Ewing, Mailman, Olajuwon, Thomas, Lambier, Miller days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He thinks a few parts are greater than the whole

Well thinking is a stretch

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    In the 90s mj literally dominated the whole league. Ewing,miller, mailmain, etc.. all don’t have rings thanks to mj. Olajuwon imo only got his two because mj retired and then came back in the 2nd yr but the bulls had a brand new team and he hadn’t played in over a year

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That decade is so not what you are talking about. So many good players so many good teams. Same with the 80’s, Lakers won the most but there was competition throughout the league.

Now it’s about super teams or was, I stopped watching. Wasn’t at all interested in that. Not to mention the rule changes. Much like football, they took all the defense out of it. Used to be if you went into the paint, you paid the price. Now, its skipping daisy’s.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    NBA has also become more about slam dunks and 3 pointers than playing actual basketball. I got tired of watching guys take five steps with the ball and then an earth shattering dunk and sitting there going ummm what happened to traveling. I miss guys who knew how to shoot and utilize the back board.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Truth! Spot on Blast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't mind the 3 pointers, but You are correct.....
    Traveling has been taken out of the NBA for along time now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    How when mj literally won over half of the championships in the 90s and once he won in 91 he literally won every yr except the 2 he was out and in 99 when he was retired..

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The Bulls vs the Lakers Finals was without a doubt one of the best series I've ever watched being played. Jordan switching hands mid-leap on a lay up just destroys the mind. Magic almost willing the Lakers to another championship. As much as my dad was a fan of Boston vs LA he loved watching that first 3-peat by the Bulls because it was basketball not superstar ball. To Blasts point none of the Bulls 6 championships was easy, at one point Jordan was at deaths door with illness and still lifted the Bulls. You had the Pistons back to back championships to start the decade and the bad boy Pistons bullying the league. Towards the end of the decade you had Orlando with a youth movement in Shaq and Penny. You had the resurgence of Phi Slama Jama in Houston with Dexler and Olijawan. The beginning of the Spurs rise with the Admiral David Robinson and Tim Duncan. Every so often you saw the Suns make a run and then fade for four years after. Malone and Stockton in Utah, The Sonics, the Atlanta Hawks had a shot and then the return of Celtic pride before Phil Jackson led the all money Lakers into basketball legend. The Bulls were great but there was a lot of great basketball being played

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You said you would rather see a couple good teams and everyone else trash. You’re not even close to describing the 80’s and 90’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have seen one NBA game live in my life

In Chicago I watched Michael Jordan battle Larry Bird

I figure that counts :smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
  16. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    You're right, Kobe was probably the last one with an all around game that included playing D. Today's game is up and down the court with big men bringinging the ball up and running things from the key. SMH

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

It will correct itself in due time. No worries about that on my end. That said, here is hoping by the time 2024 approaches for that time is when Diontae can be resigned again if the Org so chooses.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

So Christian Kirk resetting the market is a win/win for the Jaguars then?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I also seen the Bulls live a couple times. The same Year they played the Sonics in the Championship. So in about 1997, or was it 96???:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You know what's funny....the only NBA jersey I own is a old Kobe jersey. :thumbs_up:

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Don't care about the jags. Care about kirk getting paid though.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I was talking about primarily winning though or teams like that actual will win it all. No one was winning it all seriously but MJ.There will always be teams good and competitive.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    When I say trash I don't mean 0-16. I mean prime example the nfc east this yr. Someone has to win it. Eagles probably do it at 10-7. Will they be a solid team? Yes but I'm talking about actually being a team good enough to win it all. Right now in the nfl you can't even say for sure who's winning either conference. Hell theres a few divisons where youre like anyone could win this. The league is that spread out in parity. You can't pencil in the champion like you can mj in the 90s. That's what i meant. Where you pretty much know who the championship will come down to.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And you think this is a bad thing?

• Like Like x 1
  25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It was 95. I went to see soundgarden the night of one of those finals games. They played a set and left the stage. Then all of this feedback started coming through the pa. Eventually it got dialed in and turned out to be the end of Sonics/bulls game. The band went backstage, watched the end of the game, and then returned to finish the show. I know it wasn’t 96 or 97 because I lived in georgia by then.

• Like Like x 1