1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Battle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 24, 2022.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He was a free agent. Why didn't a qb needy team pick him up? I'm sure he'd had went somewhere he could start over Buffalo..

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Oladokun was Kevin Colbert’s “light a cigar with a $100 bill as I ride of into the sunset” draft pick. Yeah, it’s a waste, but it was my last chance to do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think Chris Oladokun was drafted to be the Scout team QB.

During our last 4 games when they faced Mahomes twice, something tells me Mason and Haskins just did not cut the mustard to help our defense prepare for a mobile QB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    because the only difference between the two teams is a mobile qb

• Like Like x 1
  5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You forgot the part where there isn’t a snowball’s chance in hell the Steelers go into the season with trubisky, Pickett, and Oladokun. Unless Pickett and Oladokun suddenly light it up Rudolph will be a steeler for the 2022 season. He might even end up the starter

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Im glad Kenny is off to a slow start. I think adversity is a good thing. He proved to battle through adversity in college; however, the NFL is completely different. Adversity Is going to make or break him. Is he going to lose all of his confidence, or is he going to rise up? Some of the incompletions were drops and every QB throws INTs in camp. Ultimately does Kenny shrug off the people (very small portion of the fan base), and rise to the occasion? Him battling through this now will help him when he's struggling during real games and the crowd being vocal against him. Those times will come. Adversity builds character. We're about to find out how much character our rookie QB has.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Spot on, a camp arm as well. Practice squad.

• Like Like x 1
  8. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    C'mon Mason!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't know. Mason did this all-last year and played it safe with every throw afraid of losing his backup job to Haskins.

Sounds like Mason is doing the same thing again this year. It also sounds like both Mitch and Kenny are going deep, while Mason is taking all the high percentage passes underneath.

Crazy, coming out everyone said he had the best deep ball in his draft class; just too afraid to let it rip, I guess.

Mason is the perfect backup QB. He is not going to win any games for you, but he is also not going to lose any games for you. He is just on the field to "Hold the Fort Down", until the starting QB returns.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats a yogi-ism right there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If Rudolph is the starter, then the prediction of finishing last in the division will likely come to fruition. Enough of the MR experiment. Didn't we already see this with a certain other waste of draft pick QB that couldn't find a backup job anywhere in the league after steelers finally cut bait? Landry Jones 2.0

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    aren't they two different people? :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steelers4tim

Steelers4tim Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2022
    ...and the coaching position! #firetomlin

• Like Like x 1
  14. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Round Here (counting crows) it's #FMTI

15. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    The one thing regarding the QB position I have a distinct feeling about is that we'll miss Ben in the 4th quarter when we're behind but within striking distance.

And, yes, I know it's early.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Agree with sentiment here that Mason`s chances are on the rise to be starter.

His chances are rising, but not secure.

If I had to place a money bet right now, I would have to plunk down the cash on Mason.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Mason is not winning anything. He may back into it if the Steelers do not allow Kenny Picket a chance to be the Starter, simply because he is a rookie.

Right now I look at the starting roll as Mitch's to lose.

Look at last years preseason stats for Mason. 3 games played: 75% completion 0 TDs and 0 Ints. He is not winning you any games, and he is not losing you any games.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Wow how soon we forget. Jones was the big name signing of one of those spring leagues that lasted a few weeks. Unable to get a back up job or not..how many guys can claim to be a marquee signing of a league!!! Lmao

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    you need to get your ears checked

• Like Like x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Rudolph sucked against the worst team in the league last year netting us a tie. I will LMAO if he is the starter in week 1. I was on the Reindeer bandwagon until the Lions game. Steelers could have won that game and they choked because of lackluster QB performance.

22. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True and of course The Steelers win with Ben. But i'd venture to say that they would have won with Haskins but went with the Deer.

The Deer project should be finisihed now.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Good 2 See You again :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude....Mason is not L. Jones....really it's not even close....besides they both played for the big 12,and they were both backup Qbs here.

25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

How soon you forget that mason had the team in position to win twice. Diontae fumbling and muth turning up field instead of getting out of bounds

• Winner Winner x 1