1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roethlisberger's recent comments

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Jul 27, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    He’s quite different. Ryan Clark has a job to do. Ben is sitting around on his 267million dollar ass bitching

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Wtf? Calling a spade a spade does not make you a hater. Apparently you think everyone should be slobbering all over a washed up jock. Did you actually watch the games the last few years? Nobody in their right mind is clamoring to see more of that crap qb play again.

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Honestly he should keep his mouth shut..but hey we are human. Some tried to make his comment about the SB winning throw that though he should have been SB mvp. He never said that at all. Even reiterated that the catch was classic. Just felt the throw should get acknowledged as well.

Nothing you say anymore matters..it's the thought of what others think youvsaid..then watch it go virile. Screwvit..just open a suds and let life be easy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ben wasn’t wrong. But he’s a poor messenger, he was me-first from the get go. He threw team mates and coaches under the bus his whole career.

Ben wasn’t wrong. But making his statement on the eve of training camp, just confirms his need to draw attention, while plausibly denying he’s doing such. I’m retired, but here I am!

Ben wasn’t wrong. But a ‘great’ leader like himself might have got more out of the talent he played with the last 10yrs.

Ben wasn’t wrong, but he sounds like an old washed up player that says “back in my day, we were team first and tried to win, not like these selfish young wipersnappers”.

Ben was t wrong, but he comes off selfish and phony.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry, I think you're reading into it too much.

I didn't read anything malicious in what he said in the actual quotes. Lots of NFL players have a me first attitude, and yeah, Ben may have that some, but I always heard Ben claim responsibility for losses and give credit to his teammates for wins. With maybe one or two exceptions in his career, that's what I heard from him.

If he's finger pointing, I didn't read any maliciousness in what he said. But whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben needs to be quiet, go enjoy retirement.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No Ben is done, that is quite evident.

I'm saying a lot of people are trying to kick him while he is walking out the door, acting like he kicked their dog or something.

This dude won 2 rings for the team. Without him we don't win either of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Troy was done. He was a shell of his former self. The explosiveness was gone. He had lost a step

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    nobody is kicking him while he’s walking out the door. He left and the door is closed. Ben chose to open his pie hole. He could have done the interview without the extra crap about former teammates. He chose another path and is now offering a mea culpa when he got called on it.

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I agree.

We all know Ben is a drama queen. So what? So is Bradshaw. He lives in Pittsburgh; he is going to get a mic stuck in his face and we are going to hear about it.

Besides, what did he say that was wrong or, what's he supposed to say when asked about how he played the last couple of years? "Yeah, I sucked. I should have hung it up when I blew out my elbow." Of course he isn't going to say that. The confidence and cockiness are what helped make him the player he was. Plus, he's right about more players today being about themselves more than the team and winning games. Sure, there have been times in the past when I wish he would have kept his mouth shut. But I think this last dust up is much ado about nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He was asked to do an interview, he did the interview and answered the questions he was asked.

He isn't alienating me, just overly sensitive yinzers who worship millionaires.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    In the exact same

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And You actually believed that???
    Dear Lord. Last 3 years He played 2018 ....1st in Yards ,and 5th in TDs.
    2020 ...16 th in yards ,and 7th in TDs.
    2021.....15th in yards, and 15th in TDs.......So......with all that said ......How in the Hell would He rank 32 in all Qbs...when He didn't rank below 16 in anything...any of those 3 years????
    Make that Make sense.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-ranking-all-62-starting-qbs-of-the-2021-nfl-season

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Classic Ben. But SOME people here thinks he was a good leader.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    People go back over #7 career, you will see his actions and comments. You make this easy decision. He is who we thought
    he was.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    For me, it is an issue of leadership. I can see the point of view that his comments weren’t too direct, but they were significant enough for Heyward to come out and say the comments rubbed him the wrong way.

Ben is beginning his first year in retirement, why not take the high road with interviews?

18. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe it is leadership through motivation? Trying to get a message to guys like Claypool.

If you see something wrong, why not speak out on it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    He's no longer on the team, for pete's sake.

If he had a true problem with some of his teammates the time to say something was last year or the year before, the place to say it was in the locker room, and directly to the me-first players. Instead he chose after he was retired, through the media, and as a blanket statement about the whole team basically.

Wrong time, wrong place, and wrong target.

As I wrote previously, it was just typical Ben trying to deflect any responsibility or blame from himself.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I just don’t think it’s an effective way to motivate. It doesn’t help build a sense of team. It also doesn’t help with relationships.

In my world, I wouldn’t gather our team and then openly criticize a few members of our team in front of everyone. To me, there are more effective ways to mentor, teach, and motivate (if that is what he was really going for).

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Troy lasted 3 years longer than I thought he would. He had a brilliant career and Steeler fans saw a player I dont think we will ever see again in our lifetimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

No doubt. He was a once in a generation type player. We are lucky to have watched his entire career.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But...He was killing us His last year, and He still wanted 2 comeback, and said So.

24. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Pretty much sums up #7.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    posted for me . thank you.