1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So We Should Make the Playoffs Easily???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Jul 3, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wait....did You just contradict Yourself???
    How can You be a great Qb, but not a very good passer??
    Isn't that like saying.....He's a great Rb, but not a very good runner???

2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I’ll believe it when I see it. His style of play doesn’t translate to playoff football.

3. Jeff Laizure

Jeff Laizure Member

Jan 16, 2022

4. Jeff Laizure

Jeff Laizure Member

Jan 16, 2022
    Just worry about the division being so damn good .

5. Steelers4tim

Steelers4tim Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2022

I can see why you would say that, but I completely disagree. Burrow may be a good QB, true, but the Ratbirds & the Sh!tstains don't even really have NFL-caliber QB's, they both have RB's/WR's ACTING as starting QB's. What has any of them ever done at the NFL level worth mentioning? Right now, all I see from half this division is 2 Korky Steward Jr.'s, nothing more nothing less...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    His wrs have been among the worse in the league.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    How the hell is DeShaun Watson a rb? His last yr as a starter he passed for 4892 yards which led the NFL, 70% completion pct, led nfl in ypa, and was 33 and 7 on a garbage team. Lol seriously?

Lamar is not a rb either but I'll give you that he's not the greatest passer and I'd still take him 100x over anyone on the steelers roster. Say what you want but he wins games. He only has a worse w-l record then mahomes since he's been in the nfl. Had the Ravens number 1 last yr with half the team on IR before hw got hurt.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Something all bad Qbs use as an excuse.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I don’t get the Deshaun comment at all he is a pocket QB who is athletic and can run when needed. Lamar on the other hand is a RB playing QB. That doesn’t mean he can’t be valuable and win games because he is so fast and dynamic with a run pass option but I don’t see him as a good enough pure passer to ever win anything meaningful in the league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    So far we have but it's early.

• Like Like x 2
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    no they don’t. Cause we’ve seen bad qbs with a great cast look bad. Aka Jamies Winston

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    No Way the Ravens even make the playoffs this year. They "currently" have no quality WRs on their roster, and my money is still saying Lamar will be a holdout on Week 1 of the regular season because of Tyler Murray's new contract.

Lamar is in camp today, so maybe he will not holdout.

You all know how I feel about DJ's new contract. I still say a team cannot win in this league without a great #1 WR.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

No one won more over the last 20 yrs than NE, And unless you consider Welker or Edelman great #1 WRs your premise has problems,

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Gronk and Brady get a pass on this rule. Because it is Gronk and Brady!

And before that it was Moss and Brady. I would assume you would consider Randy Moss to be a good WR?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really if You look at it last year is the 1st time a top 5 wr has won the SB in the last 20 , or So years.
    I'm talking about them in yards ,and catches the same Year as the SB....So...:shrug:

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Hollywood year 1 wasn't a great wr and lamar won mvp.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I wouldn't compare the nfl today to even 10 years ago. The nfl is a different game now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

New approach for the Ravens D involving Kyle Hamilton?! $10 states that Mike McDonald is going to be using not just Dean Pees concepts but also integrate some Brandon Staley ones as well. Hamilton fits well into that chees piece style of DB that Staley has great effect in deploying Ramsey and more notably Derwin James.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

Justin Herbert inferior than Lamar Jackson?! Never mind the Joe Burrow vs Lamar Jackson debate for that I believe is silly. Lamar is no doubt the 2019 NFL MVP but Herbert has passing potential that far exceeds anything Lamar has shown to this point. For that matter, Herbert is already in the NFL Record Books for most Passing TDs and most Passing Yards within the first two seasons. Remove Brandon Staley's Hyper Analytics and the 2021 NFL Playoffs could have likely played out differently.

21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I want to go on record that I`m thinking we are due for a crappy year, unlike Mustard man who`s talking Super Bowl. Cannot remember any year we had such opposing views.

Best case scenario, where he is essentially right, is we turn out like the Titans did two or three years ago (just going by memory). What that looked like was the QB had surprisingly good year, offense was a gritty grind it out kind of offense (ball control). I think they made it to the Championship game that year (too lazy to look it up).

Anyway, if that happens, I`m wrong, close enough. If we are 6-11 or so, I`m right.

Just IMO.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Difference between the 2019 Titans and the 2022 Steelers resides in the weapons department. Jonnu Smith and AJ Brown were... more or less, the entire pass attack; some Corey Davis every now and then. The 2022 Steelers weapons exceed that in substantial ways; Diontae being severely over hated among fans in my opinion.

There are more questions for many about Chase Claypool (and rightfully so) but he is far from a bust in the mold of Corey Davis. George Pickens supercedes both Tajee Sharpe and Kaliff Raymond despite being only a rookie and Pittsburghs reserves in Calvin Austin III, Anthony Miller and even Miles Boykin far exceed any other Titans Receiver that they had; bringing me to the biggest difference between the two teams.

Mitchell Trubisky's Offense will be run oriented but will have far more passing plays involved that only the likes of Ryan Tannehill could dream of. The Offensive Line for me is still the X Factor of it all and one that is not getting enough attention; doubly so for Left Guard. Some are worried about Mason Cole but my bigger concerns lie with who is the starting Left Guard for Week One.

Of the two, I would want Kendrick Green to win it.

23. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have a bottle of that

If we’re talking about the same thing

• Like Like x 1
  25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If we look like them this year, I`ll be very happy to be wrong.

Our defense also has to come through with the surprise on offense.