1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Charles Johnson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Jul 19, 2022.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Once again. This has nothing to do with Politics nor did I ever bring that up. I simply was inquisitive about the manner of apparently a very healthy middle aged man's death and whether it could possibly be tied to the vaccines that most people have received over the past 2 years. It's no different than any other form of medical history that may have attributed to his unfortunate death. Other people seem to want to bring politics into this while turning a blind eye.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You will die ...When I say...You must Die....Back To the Front...
    You coward ....You servant.....You Blind Man

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Nice cop out. Who knows, maybe it's related to the tetanus booster he got in high school? Or one of those other vaccines that cause autism. Just go ask Jenny McCarthy. Give me a break.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    One of the best all time Metallica tracks. Damage Inc is incredible too. Master of Puppets was the absolute pinnacle album for Metallica.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Sorry but I don't even know who Jenny McCarthy is. Not sure what you mean by "Nice cop out" either.

6. Steel the Win on Sunday

Jan 7, 2016
    Please show me published data in scientific journals supporting your contention. This is a total fallacy.

Facts: there have been three deaths from blood clots thought to be secondary to the original J&J vaccine, which is no longer given. Out of the hundreds of millions that have received COVID vaccines since, there has not been a single death attributed to any COVID vaccine.

Please don't spread hysteria and conspiracy theories here. This is a site to discuss Steelers-related content, but I'm not going to sit idle when uninformed folks try to pass along false information as gospel.

7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    She's an anti-vaxxer. Married to one of the Wahlberg brothers. She VJ'ed for MTV in the 90's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    My brother from the moderna vaccine. Fact so stfu.:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And here you are doing what you scolded someone else for doing

:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Steel the Win on Sunday

Jan 7, 2016
    I'm not spreading hysteria, conspiracy theories, or false information. So you can facepalm yourself for poor reading comprehension.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    No you are just denying a legitimate possibility by your unwillingness to listen to others concerns.

My mom got her booster shot after her initial Covid shot and it paralyzed her right vocal cord. This happened that very day. I could hear about half of what she told me for all of our lives thereafter forever immediately the next day. She never was able to speak fully again. It was horrible to witness as a son. 4 months later she passed away so take your hatred for our concerns and open your mind a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Moderna vaccine and booster saved my ass. Sleep Apnea and high blood pressure issues. I don't smoke and not overweight....lucky, but have friends and co workers who have died from Covid. Fact.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steel the Win on Sunday

Jan 7, 2016
    Sorry to hear about your mom.

No one is saying there are zero side effects. Pretty sure most of us had pain at the injection site, fatigue, chills, etc. There can be other extremely rare adverse events, which are seen as well after infection by the viruses themselves.

Cranial neuropathies, including the recurrent laryngeal nerve, are quite rare but have occurred with many different vaccines over the years. It's not exclusive to the COVID vaccine and probably immune system mediated because of previous infection or other neurologic condition.

That being said, studies show COVID-19 vaccine recipients had lower rates of non–COVID-19 mortality than did unvaccinated persons after adjusting for age, sex, race and ethnicity.

In other words, people who received the vaccine not only had a much lower risk of dying from COVID, but also of dying from anything else.

So, to suggest that Mr. Johnson, who we have zero idea if he was even vaccinated, may have died from complications of the vaccine, is a baseless and dangerous claim. And that's all the more I'm going to say about it.

Regardless, great player, and I for one definitely remember some of the great catches he made, especially in college. RIP

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He had a lot of ability but was drafted during the QB instability between Bradshaw and Ben and never got to play here with a top notch QB. His last year in the league was with the Pats during Brady's first year as a starter. Johnson caught only 14 passes that season but did leave with a ring after the Pats upset the Rams in the Superbowl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Just wanted to say sorry for your loss my friend. That is an awful story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks. That means a lot. It's never my intention to rock the boat here but I don't wish her end of life suffering to anybody. Not even my worst enemy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    To each their own. Meaning do what you think is in your best interest and leave it be. Plenty of folks said Covid killed their folks. Likewise plenty of folks said these shots killed their folks. Plenty of studies coming out suggesting the majority worldwide of Covid hospitalizations and deaths are now those whom had the series of shots.

everything has a side effect these days and for every action we get a reaction. It’s not political or lame to propose a question on a subject new to us as people that is vehemently denied attacked or slandered. All age groups die and at times unexpectedly or unexplainably so we’re told. Truth is many younger folks are flat lining at an unexpected or indescribable rate these days and a lot of them are athletes… look how many soccer players across the pond have dropped dead or are in serious sad shape currently.

average death numbers across the board were down when this became a thing. The CDC said there were virtually no flu deaths and all other average deaths were down as well categorically but yet the yearly death toll numbers didn’t reflect this increased pandemic obliteration as they liked to reference it at the time. Everything became Covid. now average deaths are through the roof and increasingly while curiously non age specific.

So honestly, it’s a fair question to ask and while conspiracy is the laughing stock exclamation point currently being assigned, it’s simple or atleast should be to acknowledge that not all things are coincidental no matter how hard we wish them to be for our own or whomevers benefits.

these numbers provided to us have never added up and while it’s not funny, it is entertaining to see the headlines change about all of the things that contribute to all of these things that are happening after a bit of time once certain things were introduced.

I never knew climate change caused blood clots, or home gardening or shoveling snow or drinking tea etc… until recently.

heart problems can happen with over exertion or over consumption of things… we know this but damn it… I can’t help to think of the one thing that a **** ton of people changed in their lives collectively and globally that now has to be explained away by a list of excuses or reasonings and how offensive it is to plainly ask nothing more than did they perhaps partake?

I’ve personally lost people and see peoples physical abilities hampered to what could possibly be these shots… I can’t prove it but it’s the only thing in their daily regimen that changed.

don’t know what else to say other than at this point it’s not or shouldn’t be a political thing or anything of the sort and nothing more than chatter about questions that it seems none of us have an answer to but are still quick to shake a fist and ridicule each other’s story or source or opinion as they are. Like I said to each their own and whatever you feel keeps you safe go for it.

we all need less **** to argue about these days but it seems they want the people to fight each other by all means necessary and is the current trend while the 2 wings of the same bird go huff the smack off of each other’s asses behind closed doors after getting the “sides” riled up.

done with the clown show

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Well thought out, rational post. Nicely done Sir.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1