1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Last Kingdom or Vikings fans?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by METALMAN_68, Jul 11, 2022.

1. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    After GOT, the wife and I moved on to The Last Kingdom and I have to admit that I liked it as much if not even a little more than GOT. Now we're on to Vikings, which has taken us a bit to get into but we're getting there. Any other good ones we need to check out? Oh, and The Old Man on FX is pretty good. As is The Bear.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Vikings fan here, but I still haven't seen the last 2 season.
    Never heard of Last Kingdom.
    I have been DVRing The Old Man, and will watch it when I have the whole season.
    I'm also DVRing one called Dark Winds: its about Navajo Tribal Police, and some crimes, both earthly, and supernatural.

3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Last Kingdom was aight; Vikings was phenomenal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Just stumbled on the Last Kingdom TV Series and became a big fan. I searched the internet to find out about how truthful it was and discovered Bernard Cornwell's series of books.

Started with the Grail quest series as it was originally a short 3 book series. The authors Battle Style writing was pretty amazing for details; he really has a way of slowing down the action and walking you through the entire battle. I am about to finish the last book, and I have not decided if I want to move on to the bigger Book series or try another short series. The series about the Confederate soldier in the Civil Wars sounds like it could be interesting. --Starbuck Chronicles--

Sharpe vs Last Kingdom?

Can't get a Green Card, what are you going to do???
    upload_2022-7-11_23-47-34.png
    Bernard Cornwell

• Like Like x 2
  5. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I've seen Dark Winds promos during The Old Man. Does look pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Finding Vikings a little harder to get into than TLK. I felt like that show had so many likeable and unlikable characters. Just started Vikings though and it is getting better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Watched the first few seasons of Vikings, but got bored with it. Dark Winds is solid. Definitely worth a watch

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    How is The Old Man.

I don't know what happened, but I quit after 15 minutes. Is it worth going back too?

9. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I think it's pretty well done but it can be slow moving at times. Decent plot with some twists. Fair amount of action but not loaded with it. Then again, 72 year old Bridges is the main character so his action movie days are behind him but he keeps up well for what it is. Plus, it has Lithgow so what's not to like?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    We watched Last Kingdom. It was pretty good, but after a couple of seasons we felt it lost a little. But still enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    It was amazing how fast his Kids grew up, and he still remained the same. I thought they would have used a little movie magic on Uhtred to age him, but they didn't.

Last Kingdom reminds me of John Snow with his own show.
    upload_2022-7-12_10-37-53.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I got a kick out of the characters Sihtric and Finan. Dudes who would follow Uhtred any where and kick a$$, unlike G.O.T where you never knew who was gonna stab who in the back(literally). I thought the writers of TLK did a good job bringing levity at times to an otherwise serious show.

• Like Like x 1