1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Diontae Johnson is Having a Great Career.........And You Guys are Missing it!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Once again, I remind you that one of the few things that make less sense than judging quarterbacks solely on team success is to judge wide receivers that way.

Also, Brown was a rookie on that team and he was actually more productive in both playoff games to get them to that Super Bowl, including the catch that set up the winning touchdown in the Divisional Round against the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I am free to place blame or praise on any player or group of players. Likewise with coaches. AB, Bell and Heyward haven't won an AFC Championship since XLV with a more than adequate surrounding cast around them. Actually AB was behind Ward, Wallace and Sanders on the depth chart his rookie year. He didn't get a lot of snaps.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    There is nothing dink and dunk about Diontae Johnson. DJ is a complete receiver, that can play inside or out. Deebo Samuel is an offensive weapon. I could understand the argument that he should be ranked ahead of DJ.

Mike Williams is a completely different player than DJ. He is a curl, post, go route player. You say explosive. I say one trick pony. DJ can do things Mike Williams can not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m thinking one of the posters here is Johnson’s mom

Not naming anyone I particularly

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Shhhhhhh.... No one is supposed to know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    There's a joke in here somewhere with Johnsons and moms but I'm not going there.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was thinking Uncle maybe :hmm:

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I was watching this clip this morning and there is a lot of evidence that guys are not quite as horrible as we may believe. Bush had a great game, DJ was showcasing his stuff, Conner almost made everyone forget about Bell, Benny Snell football was spotted, Juju was all over the place and TJ did TJ things

• Like Like x 2
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He still end up getting a ring and scoring a td in the sb.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You are free to do it, but it makes no sense. I'm aware that you are happy to make a nonsensical argument.

Yes, Brown had outstanding receivers ahead of him that season, yet he still manage to make a bigger impact than some of them during the playoffs. That works in his favor, not against it.

Also, Brown does have a Super Bowl ring. He just didn't earn it here. By your logic, that should be irrelevant. A great receiver should be able to carry any team to the Super Bowl by himself.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was Bush before the knee injury. Also, wasn't that the night he missed a bunch of tackles?

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Pre-knee injury, rookie year where he is playing by instinct because the game hadn't slowed down for him and Jerry O hadn't confused the heck out of him. Sadly whether it was the injury, his attitude or a combo of multiple reasons the promise he showed that night fizzled instead of roared.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    That catch against the Ravens in the AFC title game was his grand entrance to the NFL. Controlling the ball against his helmet and nearly scoring with the game tied in the 4th. A thing of beauty. And Ben had big gonads to throw to AB in that 3rd and 19 situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    the D become demoralized as the O continued to suck and to blow chunks. It is called momentum, we had it and did not capilatize

• Like Like x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. would not give DJ BIG $$ - pay him - yes. But not BIG $$. Trade him, the time is ripe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    stats are for the losers - big players make the plays when needed. He has to show that he can win games, if he wants that kind of $$. If not , take trade. God knows we have lots of needs both now and in the 2023 draft.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I like the heck out of DJ. I hope he doesn't hold out. I just don't feel he has the leverage needed to pull it off.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Good thing the D in the 70s didn't get demoralized, or We may have never won SBs then.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s back when real men played the game

• Like Like x 2
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Momentum only carries you so far. The Chiefs had the Steelers completely outclassed. It was only a matter of when they turned on the switch.

• Like Like x 1
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    If we trade DJ, the biggest need going into the 2023 draft would be WR. Completely counterproductive.

I get that some people don't like DJ, but this trade talk is pretty dumb. The Steelers are not going to go into the regular season with Claypool and two rookies.

22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would have, but you spoiled the fun lol

23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree that the trade value is not going to get much unless someone sees something and with permission can get a deal before a trade. That said if they don't sign him they still will need a WR on 23. What scope depends on how Pickens develops what Chase does..and the hidden gem how will they use Muth? If their smart they start using the TE as a true weapon. However I have not seen that in all the years following the team.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Going to be interesting to who shows up to training camp Deebo, DK, or DJ. Will they all be Holdouts?

I say if DJ shows up and does the Watt thing then that means the Steelers are still negotiating with him. If the Steelers have said a firm "No". Then I would expect a holdout from DJ to start training camp.

DJ may have made a mistake by not holding out of OTA, like fellow 3rd round pick Terry McLaurin.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And exactly what would that have gained him other than falling down the depth chart

• Winner Winner x 1