1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ray Rice says apologizes for terrible towel picture

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BurgherBoy7, Nov 22, 2012.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :this!:

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am with you on this TTF. No way in hell he was showing any respect. He got hammered all game and stuffed
    multiple times. I aint buying his kumbyya crap. He is a low down piece of shiat Raven

This is not the first time the Ravens have displayed hate and poor sportsmanship for our
    boys in black and gold and it will not be the last

this smells of harbaughs intervention

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Even if true (call me severely skeptical), the curse doesn't care about motive. :emperor:

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tell him I said hey.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe someone in Pittsburgh could try to find the guy that he "supposedly"traded with

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah! We should all light torches and go after that Benedict Arnold! LOL. Everyone grab a pitchfork!

7. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yep, as Si from Duck Dynasty would say, 'Its on like Donkey Kong.'

But I can see a fan giving up the towel. You have to remember there are fans and there are band wagon fans. Ive been a fan for 36 yrs, and my wallet would be like, 'do dude, get a pic and get him to sign em, thats couple hundred bucks on ebay. That ll pay for some of the trip here today.' BUT my heart and head would be like 'F off you ratbird turd before I give you a prostrate examine with those gloves.' :rant::rant:

8. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Yeah I don't buy it either...why mock us by singing renegade then if trying to respect us?? Plus i'm not sure about Ray Rice being a decent guy. Wasn't it during their rookie years that him and Mendy who supposedly were friends from the combine, exchanged text messages where Mendy talked a little trash jokingly with his "friend" and then Rice sicked his big bad friends Lewis and thuggs on Mendy and broke his shoulder

9. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think some fans make a bigger deal of stuff like this than players do.

I didn't see anything about Rice disrespecting the towel. Nothing to see here... move along.

10. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i saw no problem with the picture either. i thought i was missing something when the picture was posted on here. some people were acting like he just wiped his butt with it.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well he IS a butthead and the towel WAS on his head so.... he kiiiiinda did....

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ewwww!!!!:facepalm::cool:

13. lovembig

Oct 30, 2011
    that was funny, but some people around here do take the Towel a bit too seriously. i understand its meaning and every team in the league has tried to duplicate it and failed miserably, but its just a Towel.

i love my Terrible Towel and my wife thinks its gross since i have never washed it and never will because that would take the magic away from it, but like i said some people take the towel a bit too serious.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well ya know the towel is really a lot more than just a towel. The proceeds from the sale of every official Myron Cope towel go to help schools for disabled children. His son was autistic and when they named it after Myron he gave the proceeds to charity in the name of his son. It's raised millions of dollars too. So really it's way more than just a towel when you know what it's really there for. I think that's a really classy thing that Myron did.

15. lovembig

Oct 30, 2011
    i understand the meaning behind the TT, but i dont think most people think about that when they go on a rant about it or get p'od when a player from another team tries to disgrace it.

it was a brilliant marketing move by Cope and the Steelers. it has raised millions for kids and it as much a part of the Steelers as their 6 Lombardi's.

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree. Which is really kinda funny because it IS something to get revved up about but NOT for the reason that we usually do. LOL. I do know though that when Lendale White done that in 08 Jeff Fisher explained to him why we take it so serious and I wonder if he mentioned the charity aspect? I wonder if Ray Rice knows about it even.

17. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
  18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, I don't think Rice was saying anything except thanks to the fan he traded the gloves to for it

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree as well .. Ray Rice was trying to mock the terrible towel. It is not the first time nor will it be the last .. I am so anxious to see how Woodley and company respond

Bman

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    we could not be so LUCKY!

21. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Could not agree more! :this!:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Meh, non issue for me, he was wearing it on his head. Even know they had no business winning that game, it's the 3rd game in a row they have won against us. If we don't want them acting that way, then beat them, especially in our own house, sick of losing to these guys, that's the real issue.

23. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Lol sure!

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Me too.. Tell him his ole pal Chris said Hey

Bman

25. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    To those that believe Rice ,all I can say is we are soft if that is excused. I was around when we had the Raider rivalry and that would have never have been acceptable.
    I do respect the right to all of your opinions because we have a great Board and I see nothing but a common goal here but "Com On Man" :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: