1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Baker to the Panthers

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Animus, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That’s the year they went in with 2 QBs on active after dumping Landry and then trading Dobbs.

Hodges was on the practice squad. Unless the kid really stinks it up, I don’t think they cut him after drafting him even that late. Apparently other teams were hoping to grab him as an undrafted FA.

I’m really expecting them to try and do something with Rudolph. They really want to be able to sit Pickett most of the year to learn. That would let them bring Oladokun along at the same pace to be his back-up.

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am still pissed that the Steelers did not use their 7th round pick on Carson Strong. If you are going to swing for the fences in the 7th round for a QB, why not take the QB with the most upside.

Something tells me people who live in Pennsylvania have not heard the last of Carson Strong.

I would have no problem at all letting Mason go if Strong was sitting at the #4 spot after he proved his knee was good to go during camp.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    A lot of his trade value had as much to do with his attitude issues, and the Browns need to get rid of him. It's akin to how Brown wanted to get out of Pittsburgh and we didn't get what we really wanted from him. Browns had zero leverage in moving him. Not saying we'll get better than a 5th for Mason, just that this comparison isn't apples and apples.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The Browns will be paying Baker Mayfield over $500,000 as a Carolina Panther for Game 1 to play against their own team.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    And don't forget about Haskins. RIP

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Has to be one of the most brownsiest things ever. Paying your former 1st round QB over a half mil to come in and beat your sorry ass squad. Browns gonna brown! Hahahaha

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The clowns got a 5th round pick :roflmao:

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is better than Sam Darnold

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    That's toss up if you ask me.

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, that was the issue that sealed them taking a QB at #1. They had their pick and they definitely needed to take one somewhere in the draft. Shot that shot so to speak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I know this will probably open a can of rotting worms and my reputation will suffer. However, I can't help but wonder if Joe Biden has become the new owner of the Browns?

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not when healthy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It really hard to say. Baker had some horrendous coaching..how many changes over the first 3cyears...but did have an O line and good offensive weapons. What did Sam have? It just shows how important getting to the right place is for developing talent. Im.not saying Sam is Mahomes..but in the right environment he MIGHT have become a decent starter. Actually his first couple of games with carina were decent, then the wheels came off. Again injuries and that deer in the headlight look became apparent.

Sam.needs to do what Mitch did, find a really good system, back up a year and get his head straight under good coaching. It might never click, but the talent is there to get a second chance

14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree. Baker had a million different coordinators and coaches. I am interested to see what he will do with some stability.

• Like Like x 1
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Plus, it had to have been exhausting cleaning that stadium all the time!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I really didnt like Baker in college at all....and being a Browns QB, he wasn't my favorite BUT I am going to miss those commercials lol