1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Flat earth discussion

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Mashburn, Jun 24, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hateful A$$. LoL :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No freaking way!!!!!
    LoL. Some people. :shrug:

3. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Awww you jelly of what I have.

4. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    You just blindly believe things shoveled down your thought and can't think for yourself. I get it. And to think on your own is to hard for you.

5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So that's a no to providing evidence on how to recreate a ball spinning to keep water on it?

6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    You don't have to prove anything. You're just showing you believe blindly things that are shoveled down your thought and you have to regurgitated what was told to you. Because thinking on your own is to hard for you to do on how to recreate a ball spinning that holds water to it.

7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I will agree with @Mashburn on something though. We do need to question everything. If we don't question things, advancement simply stagnates. You have to be able to build upon what the current generation is building. If Newton and Einstein accepted status quo, then significant advancements never happen. Modern science is the best of our knowledge for today. This definitely doesn't mean that science is wrong neither. However, modern science and future science will continue to prove that earth is round. Take ET life for example... say we get a signal from an alien life form tomorrow and that signal is from 10klya. We would be receiving a signal from 10kya and that species may or may not be extinct today. Also, just because life on earth is carbon based shouldn't mean that life outside of earth will be carbon based. Who's to say that liquid methane as opposed to water won't be the substance of life on other worlds!? If I was a betting man, I think we'll find life on one of Jupiter or Saturn's moons. Life doesn't mean that it has to be multicelled organisms nor animal-like specials. Life could simply be some primitive form of bacteria.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Cheers to You and @S.T.D for getting it. Also Neither of y'all went to mocking as well, so that's a plus.

STD stated he believes due the math from doing construction. So he can set up something to observe.

You have stated your reasons as well.

But you see the big picture here of what my point is. Which is to not blindly believe just because someone tells you something. Even with everyone else in the world believing.....

there is a lot of reasons why to question things and to understand what you believe in. But I would be here all day writing why those reasons matter.

By the way I think you two know I never said if I believe flat or globe. If you look at observations I provided, sometimes they supported a globe and sometimes flat.

9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

But at the same time, there's nothing wrong with conceding to the experts. It's akin to going to 8 different mechanics; they all tell you what's wrong with your car; they give you a similar quote; and us saying eff those 8 guys, let me go to a 9th. You go to that 9th and he/she tells you the same issue and similar quote. At some point you have to take the experts word for it and get your car fixed, or get a new car. We're all skilled in our specific crafts. For me, I've studied political philosophy, precisely why I pointed out the fallacies in the argument here. We're ultimately talking about physicists, astrophysicists, astrologists and so on. They have the best technology and data to date at their disposal. They all interpret such their own way and challenge each other via peer review. Doesn't mean they're right because everything is fluid. That's what makes science great.

• Like Like x 1
  10. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    [​IMG]

12. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    and of course

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Me personally, I'm fine with people believing what ever. But I'm not fine where someone argues and laughs at someone else for believing differently, when they follow their belief blindly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Nope, not at all. I'd tell you what I think of you, but I don't want to get banned!

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Now I'm not sure if it was Jack Handy or Linda Lovelace who starred in that torrid film "Deep Thoughts" many moons ago. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't let anyone shovel anything down my thought!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    But bro. Reread the thread in its entirety. Science isn't a matter of belief. It's about knowledge and understanding of the world today. The exchange with @santeesteel rubbed me the wrong way because you quickly dismissed his point regarding navigation when it was clear he what he was talking about based upon his experience. Questioning everything is healthy, but using pseudoscience as your basis for your argument is going to get you laughed at, and for goof reason. You can believe anything you want...go for it; however, that doesn't make your belief legitimate. Global warming or probability of ET life would've been a much better topic for a thought experiment.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    100nm is BVR or Over the horizon.

It does not lock-on to targets 100nm away with a line of site laser. That's absolutely preposterous! It lobs the projectile in and arc and some of the projectiles would have a receiver to acquire another targeting platform or infantry's laser for precision.

Any laser the rail gun would use would be for targets in line of sight, which literally means line of sight of the laser. so theoretically you could target something further away, it would just have to be higher in altitude.

You realize the Sea Sparrow is a primarily anti-air weapon system that they have added surface capability to?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Appreciate the reply. So the laser, i assumed. But for the rail gun, my question is how can it perform a 100 mile shot? That's over a mile below the horizon when 100 miles. It does not curve/arch. It's a straight shot. And if you try to say it drops 8" every mile, then you end up saying the earth is downward slope.

https://www.theregister.com/2010/12/13/32mj_railgun_test_onr/

20. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Sorry it rubbed you the wrong way. My point was about the app which shows the exact location and it arches when latitude and not longitude. He dismissed the app as being wrong and it is not. I've done flights across the sea and watch it go over Greenland, canada, instead of doing a straight shoot.

Again if you say it has to arch due to the bulge. There is a bulge when going north and south, and they do not arch. Not once.

21. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Yet you can't explain what you truly believe in without a doubt and mock flat earth. Totally fine if you believe blind, but don't mock someone for having an opposite thought, when you don't even know your own.

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I do know my own thoughts. I do know reality.
    Just a question: Is English your first language?

23. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    I speak American dammit. LOL
    Fanny is my favourite English word.

24. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I see what you did there :lolol::guiness:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Animus