1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Flat earth discussion

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Mashburn, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I said, why ban videos. I did not say why ban everything about flat earth.

So anyhow you look at that app on its flight path yet? You see that it puts the exact location of where the plane is going and its flight path? Or do you just like arguing to argue and to disrespect others for having different thoughts?

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    and I showed you they haven’t banned the videos. It shows the flight through a three dimensional place in a two dimensional format. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I apologize for my involvement in this

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Naw bro. You're all good. I like having this talk. Because i like to see both sides. I wish schools taught to see both sides instead of regurgitate what a teacher/book says. And I say that with having several degrees and I think I'm one of the rare, who finished school with a dual diploma.

Again I'm not a flat earth or a globalist.

5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So let's start at do you understand that the location that it says it is, is the exact location? Just a yes or no.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That’s the difference between plotting on a gnomonic chart vs a Mercator projection. A”great circle” course plotted on a gnomonic chart becomes an arced course on a Mercator projection due to the curvatures of the earth. Pretty basic navigation

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So if we can let's try to focus on what you know abs don't know. Who cares about freedom of speech, what is or isn't banned.

There's several points made at the start that are not in favor of a globe earth.

So here is another....
    The-sunbeam-illusion-or-crepuscular-rays-The-sun-shines-through-clouds-creating-regions.jpg

Since the sun is said to be so far away, then why are the sun rays like a dove tail? Again if you make everything to scale like this....
    Screenshot_20220624-020600_Samsung Notes.jpg

Where the earth is a basketball. The moon would be about the size of tennis ball and 20' away. And the sun 3 miles away and 200' size.

But that would make the rays going straight up and down.

Also still to my earlier point about distance, a tilt of 3 degree should not be raising and lowering the temperature by 30%+.

8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Screenshot_20220624-111113_Chrome.jpg

The shortest distance to Alaska to dubai is a straight line. Yet it arches.

This happens on all flight with that kind of distance.

While on a flat earth map, it's a straight line.

9. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    do-planes-fly-over-the-north-pole-transpolar-flights.png

The only time you see a flight path arch is when it goes over the notth pole. (I understand the image for the south pole, however it is a rare path. And you cannot fly over antarctic).

Furthermore when a plane is flying longitude, it does not arch. It's a straight path on the globe. But when a plane travels latitude, it arches.

10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Satellite images, astronauts in space, moon landing and the videos of earth from space and so on all prove earth is round. Why would flat earth be taught in schools when there's enough peer reviewed articles disproving it's flat let alone images proving it's round? Should the 7 day creation myth be taught side by side with the big bang and string theories?

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    target moved in 3,2,1

12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

several degrees?:roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :facepalm:

14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I'm not here to debate what nasa and others have done. Nor go thru hundreds of videos of them caught in lies. You can. But I've been down that road and with how many lies they have been caught in has made them an unreliable source.

I like to dive into what people actually believe without what someone told them. That's one of America problems is teaching kids to regurgitate, instead of having them think for themselves. And now they're grown up and have to look up Google to tell them the answer to why sun rays look like a dove tail, why a plane arches latitude by not longitude, walking around the neighborhood analogy, rail gun shotting straight to not having to curve, etc etc.

To many globalist just pass things off as a fact, but understand it very little. Yet they have the nerve to laugh at someone who brings up flat earth.

15. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So that's your answer? Or can Google not tell you what the answer is?

16. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how science works and the scientific method. You just acknowledged you don't even know the weight that scientific theory holds. iT'S juST a ThEorY!!!! Yeah. I'm so tired of that insipid argument. Definitions matter. A scientific theory is FACT.

We can't go any further in this discussion. You're an odd one. Nothing anyone else says will sway you, yet you try to keep your mind so open you believe anything no matter how ludicrous.

17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

New World Order.
    "They're banning us"
    "They want to kill us."
    "Flat Earth"

We almost have BINGO everyone.

Listen. Believe whatever makes you happy. IDGAF. But maybe go outside once in a while or read a non-fiction book. Stay off conspiracy websites. You seem like a reasonably smart guy. Just easily mislead.

And when the scientific world debunks something - thoroughly. It's not evidence of a conspiracy. FFS

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    A few comments were enough for me. This explains the ridiculousness of @Mashburn posts over in the Steelers section.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    If you want to believe Good Morning America is lying to you when they're interviewing an astronaut in space, be my guest. I've read enough peer reviewed articles when I was in college and a slew of science journals before/after college.

What is the gain in lying to people regarding the shape of the planet? The average American couldn't care less if it was flat or round as long as they eat turkey on Thanksgiving and blast fireworks on Independence Day? Perhaps they could be lying about extraterrestrial life; there's a ton to gain in lying about that. But this topic... nah.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So instead of discussion of points I made, you just rather regurgitate what your belief is on what a theory is that you can't prove.

And yes the tables were turned not to long ago where people were killed and jailed for thinking it was a gone. And I would have argued for them to speak.

So let's do this..... since you're so strong into gravity as a fact regardless what anyone else or what even science definition is. Just show me on your own a ball free spinning of doing 24,000 mph and able to keep water on it.

21. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I have theories on the benefit to lie, as well how easy it is. But I prefer not to.

22. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    So now we're crushing the circular argument fallacy on top on the consider the source fallacy. Let's face it, this entire discussion is a logical fallacy. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sure. Give me a planet sized ball with planet sized mass in a vaccum and let's go.

I'm not even entertaining your "points" as they're regurgitated memes of already long debunked ideas. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. There's plenty of proof the Earth is a globe. Oh, that's right. You won't accept proof because the entire world is out to lie to us. Satellites, moon missions, space probes, even high altitude spy planes all don't count because it's all part of the grande coverup... that's been going on for over 2000 years. Every known astronomical model works with the understanding the Earth is a globe, but that's all hogwash too.

I made a point about what a scientific theory is to show you already have a lack of understanding. Science can explain things to you. It can't understand it for you.

Show me proof it's flat. Proof. Not fairy tale. Surely someone by now has photographed the edge of the Earth, or flown high enough to hit the firmament. No? Do people in Australia and New Zealand exist, or are they all paid actors? Where does the government get the funding to guard the almost 25,000 mile long ice wall? Why do planes need gyroscopes if the Earth is flat? Why can't I line of sight see England from the East Coast? Nothing's in the way. Ok, ok. Maybe ocean swells from sea level, but then surely the Himalayas would be visible with a telescope strong enough. Or the Rockies from PA for that matter. No? Odd. Why do we need so many satellites? If the Earth is flat, everything should be line of sight.

How many thousand and possibly millions of people have to be in on this big lie? How much do you have to spend to keep them quiet?

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I almost wrote all this. Glad I read ahead.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sad part is he doesn’t even believe the bs he is peddling.

There aren’t always two sides to every argument, just poorly uniformed and down right crazy arguments.

• Like Like x 1