1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones, part 2??

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by steel machine, Jun 1, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Did I see that right? I think HBO is coming back with it come August. STD stated in another thread that the show didn't cover all the books.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    More like prequel. It's set over 200 years before the events of the first show. It's about a power struggle within the Targaryan family which will eventually become a civil war. That means lots of dragons as they weren't extinct yet and a few dwarfed Dany's dragons. (Think the skulls under the throne room in the first season)

Unlike the first show, this one's story from beginning to end is already known. A few details might not be entirely fleshed out, but they shouldn't run out of source material, and Dumb and Dumber aren't in charge of it anyway. Still, after the way GOT ended, it's hard to get excited about it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This:this!:

• Like Like x 1
  4. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I wonder if that one lady is gonna be in it? Stannis's advisor. She was real old, it turned out. :roflmao:

5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Should be fun to watch the LOTR Series and the GOT Series both coming out about the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am a reader of the books and then a watcher of the series; so I didn't know know what the hell Sansa Stark was doing in Winterfell with Ramsay and Theon. It was crazy as the girl Ramsay and Theon married in Winterfell was not even a Stark; it was a girl dressed up to look like Aria.

But my Biggest question at the end of the TV series was why wouldn't the North follow Brandon Stark? Why did they choose to become an Independent Country, rather than following the only living Stark son?

King in the North or King of Winter are ancient titles held for thousands of years by House Stark of Winterfell.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    My guess is, ( ive never read the books) his sister is/was power hungry and wanted to rule?

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All this:this!:

9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I didn't read the books which might be why but I feel like my wife and I are in the minority of people who had no problem with the way G.O.T. ended. In fact, being behind the times and just finishing the show recently, I found that I had anxiety about watching the final season as I had heard all of the negative feedback and didn't want to be disappointed. I wasn't.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Because You didn't read them.
    I had read all , but one years before there was even talk of a show.
    If You had read them You would see all they left out, and all they made up.
    Come on they had a character in the 1st ....I believe 4 seasons.....that had a total of 3 pages in the whole series of books....yet they said ....Well we can't include everything....Well how about not spending 4 seasons wasting about an average of 10- 20 minutes an episode on a character that only had 3 pages in the whole 5 books.:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  11. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Fair enough but here's a hint, stop reading books. They're ruining movies and shows!:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If We(book readers) don't read the books ...nobody makes them into shows.
    LoL.
    Nobody says....hey this book sucks,and nobody reads it....Let make a movie, or show out of it. LoL
    I remember when HBO 1st mentioned making the show....they said...."If only the people that had read the books watch...it will be a success ".

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Speaking of the first show ruining the books, this was posted the other day on r/freefolk (a must read forum for those of us indignant with how they ended the show). Imagine if Rowling never finished the Harry Potter series, so the last 2 movies, they just made it up like this :facepalm::

Screenshot 2022-06-06 at 21-07-29 reddit.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didnt read the books prior (I am now) and that ending still was as bad as everyone said. I even went into it as people just never liking how series end and holly **** was that bad. I mean as in WTF were you coked out of your mind type of thinking bad. Not just Dany but all of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Jaime's one redeemable quality from very early on in the books is that he actually gives a damn about "the people." Yes, he's ruthless. But he does have principles. And he grows to HATE Cersei and everything she stands for/is. When she begs for help, he throws her letter away. Show Jaime at the end: LOL, IDGAF about anyone. I'm gonna go be with sis. Deuces.

They could have easily made it so he saw in Dany a real threat TO THE PEOPLE and decided to try to help defend King's Landing. But that would have required proper writing... and a few more episodes.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And considering how he became the king slayer would have made perfect sense! Sheesh.

:roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hope You are enjoying it.
    I actually read the series everytime a new book came out, and I just reread the whole thing again about a year ago looking for inspiration...so some of the books I've read 5, or 6 times. The show needed more Greyjoys.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Just into the first book. Jamie just pushed Brandon out the window.

Used to read a ton. Dean Koontz was my favorite. Really like Nelson Demille too, lot of his stories take place where I am from so that’s pretty cool.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I remember when I first read that part....I was like.. WHAT!!!!
    My Favorite D. Koontz books are the Bad Place, Watchers, and Hideaway.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Whole scene was messed up, first that he was with his sister and then that he pushed Brandon out the window. Things I do for love, lol.

Loved Watchers! Probably my favorite of his.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
  23. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Eh, IDK. They really screwed up his character the last season or 2. And what's left to tell? The Others (White Walkers) are gone. The wall is mostly gone. His family rules the North. His "brother" is the King. He's content to stay with the Free Folk, so he'd have no reason to go to Essos where maybe some conflict would arise. A story is only good with conflict.

OTOH, I'm ok with it provided one condition: Tormund must be front and center, or I riot. And if they want to, oh, IDK, eventually come around to revealing Drogon flew her body to Ashai to be resurrected by a Red Priest, well... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I thought this GOT was going to be a prequel, How would he even be born, ?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Different show. Has nothing to do with House of the Dragon.

• Winner Winner x 1