1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeShaun Watson

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Disco1981, May 31, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    $hi+....I couldn't tell You:shrug:
    I signed a NDA. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Meh.

The NFL has been on cruise control for decades. They lost quite a few fans during Kapernicks stupid kneeling protests but then they picked fans back up and then some shortly thereafter. Now they even are doing everything in their power to bring him back into the mix. Seeing as though there would be little chance of the crying kneeler being cut this season then all that has to happen is they all start kneeling in Watsons defense and he will be forgiven to the tune of an 8 game or 10 game suspension and all will be forgotten by midseason.

The NFL has been down these roads so often that it becomes wash, rinse, repeat.

In terms of the league getting a black eye I think they pay Flores to keep his mouth shut more than they care about Watsons massage therapies. This is just the flavor of the week for them but telling a coach to throw games would make them seem more like the WWE than they already are. JMHO.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Interesting point. I think We shall have 2 wait ,and See

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I agree about the league being on cruise control for decades. However, the main reason why the NFL could be so non chalant about some of the socioeconomic woes was due to the severe lack of bad PR affecting them directly; many avenues of such news being spread around doubly so and no less. Given how much more the world is connected today than it was way back when is a major deal now for the NFL as and, again, the NFL has not and likely will not concede on its bid for international expansion.

A big part of this initiative in today's society revolves around not just the NFLs International Series but also its partnership with the likes of Amazon through live streaming. Hundreds of Millions of dollars in potential revenue and profit is nothing to sneeze at. While the game can sell itself, having good standing and being within the good graces of one's audience is critical. Not being in such standing makes selling the product overseas difficult, it not impossible.

Nipping this Deshaun Watson case in the bud would be a good step moving forward. Thing is, the league should act quickly before June 22nd rolls around as the US Governemt has requested the commissioner along with one of its 32 Owners. Have to mitigate as much damage as possible at this point for any prolonging will hurt the NFLs already suspect relations with some its current install base of viewers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

So what is our US Government going to waste our tax dollars on now? The NFL? Really? Those idiots can't even figure out which bathrooms children need to use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jean74

Jean74 Member

Jan 1, 2022
    66 Lawsuits and counting. Would be not surprising if the numbers were beyond that!

7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    And the Devil will drag you down. 66 different women in 17 months.

Houston Texans now linked to providing Watson with not only the women for the massages, but also providing him the facilities where the massages were performed.
    Deshaun Watson’s Massages Were Enabled by the Texans and a Spa Owner - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

The Times’s review also showed that Watson’s conduct was enabled, knowingly or not, by the team he played for at the time, the Houston Texans, which provided the venue Watson used for some of the appointments. A team representative also furnished him with a nondisclosure agreement after a woman who is now suing him threatened online to expose his behavior.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The more poorly this goes for them, the better.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    This is the most Browns thing ever! If it wasn't so tragic and terrible towards Women, I would lolololololololol...

But I've seen some speculating that Watson NEVER plays again ( doubtful in my book ) ...And then the Clowns will try to get out of the ridiculous contract they shelled out...

F them!

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

And to think a portion of this fan base was serious about bringing him to the Steelers. It would be so bad right now if the Steelers would have did just that. Nearly every Steelers fan I know would be ready to toss in the towel for good right now if they would have this baggage hanging over this team. For one thing I would never hear the end of it from every single neighbor I have within a 100 mile radius, secondly it would be very difficult to walk around proudly with a Steelers jersey on.

Thank God the Rooney's don't run this organization like that mistake by the lake 109 miles or so to the Northeast!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    N.E.?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

:hmmm: Living Cincy I was slightly off with my directions from PGH.

• Like Like x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You live in Cincy?
    I'm sorry......

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not I. I was laughed at for not wanting Him. I personally don't think He's that great for one, two He's missed some time, and three....He's definitely not good enough 2 be dragging all that baggage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

30 some miles away in a different state. Love it here in Indiana for 26 years now. Bungles fans everywhere though. Still great people but if we were in the Stains situation right now I would probably be ready to pack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd like to see more of those states. The only part of Indiana I've been to was Hammond. Not the greatest place....

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Keep in mind regarding what I stated before; socioeconomics. Not getting too political here but they do carry more weight today than in years past. One more aspect to note; when I stated that the NFL should wrap all of this up before the 22nd of June, mind you that the House Committee of Oversight and Reform had requested both Goodell and Snyder.. not inform them they must meet with. Entirely different set of semantics there.

Biggest reason though I said that is so that the NFL can save at least some public image so that they can iron out the current issues they have one at a time. Whether or not Goodell or Snyder elect to go is up to them. That said, if I am Goodell, I would knock these current troubling issues out as swiftly and efficiently as possible. However, due to Goodell's comments today and his non committal about a timeline for the suspension.. things may have to get worse before they get better.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    So right ..I work at a Steel Mill right on the Pa/ Oh border...About half and half Steelers / Browns Fans...For years I heard Big Rape, Pig Ben, Bathroom Ben lol......I would have been Toast if we brought on this Scumbag!

And I WAS worried because Popcorn brought in , and was in love with that POS Vick...So who knows how close/ or not close they were...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If the Texans and Watson want me to come over to their side and believe nothing happened answer just one question.

Of the 66 massage therapists the Texans had working on Watson during that 17 month period how many were men?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If all the Sexual Harassments classes I have had to sit through at work are correct the Department of Labor should be involved; if any of these Massage therapists complained to anyone with the Houston Texans about Watson's behavior.

I think these therapist would qualify as subcontractors and would be protected under sexual harassment laws in the workplace. I guess the laws in Texas could be different.

22. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    20220610_125833.jpg

I just walked into a Bar...This Corner ain't playin

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Or....use 2 be Men....LoL

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL

25. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Don’t buy another one, it is funnier to cross out the 22 and draw a 23 under it. Make sure to leave room for later updates!

• Like Like x 1