1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeShaun Watson

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Disco1981, May 31, 2022.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Class-A scumbag

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Happy endings aren't illegal? In what state? You're paying someone to perform a sex act on you. Sounds suspiciously like prostitution.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The 24th allegation came today. If it's true, I don't know if this gonna have a happy ending for Watson.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    In typical Browns fashion, it’s entirely possible this completely blows up in their faces and he never plays a down for them. What do they do if the league hands down a two year suspension? Not out of the question considering how the Browns are trying to shield Watson and themselves from disciplinary action.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I doubt that happens but boy would it be great if it did.

I listed baggage as the biggest reason I didn't want the Steelers to even entertain the thought of him signing with us. No way does he play more than a half season this year for the Browns. It could be a significantly longer suspension as well. If Ben got 4 games for 2 accusations then Deshaun should be gone for no less than a whole season with 24 accusations. We'll see how it plays out though. Gooddell is rarely consistent when handing out his suspensions.

7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am still predicting that he never plays another down in the NFL.

I still see this being a workplace sexual assault situation done to 24 different women. The massage therapist were being paid by the Houston Texans when the events occurred.

The woman that was in charge of getting the Houston Texan players massages was questioned in the deposition and for an hour she answered every question she was asked with " I plead the 5th". She is the smoking gun as to what the Texan's know and why they had to keep scheduling different massage therapists for Watson.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...cases-repeatedly-invokes-the-fifth-amendment/

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    If I had Watson's girlfriend, I wouldn't even dream about a massage therapist

9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    This story just keeps getting worse. I'm taking it that the Browns did zero vetting of the situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am really starting to believe that Deshaun Watson never plays a down of NFL football again in his life. This 24th accusation is pretty explicit.

The Browns may have just taken their franchise to a level it can't recover from. If this completely blows up in the Browns face I can honestly see Haslam selling the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Watson's cap # next year is $54,993,000. The Browns are the Browns.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Sticking with Baker probably isn't looking that bad now. Of course they've burned that bridge to the ground . lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Frankly, even if he see's the field again, I just don't see him being the same player. We're talking about a timeline where he can miss at least 2.5(counting the year he missed last year)years of football. Only example I can think of coming back after multiple years out was Mike Vick, and he wasn't the same as before his jail time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I read part of a article today where Watson would throw his hands and feet up in the ( happy baby)? position , and demanded to have his genitals, and anus massaged .....lol....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

:eek:
    Can we get a 2 day suspension for da bigbunch on account of TMI?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

24th accusation was the one major push towards getting at least 10 games. However, after contacting 66 women in the span of 17th months?!.... who is to say that more will step forward?! Never mind him being suspended for at least one season, Deshaun has far bigger issues.

Yes, the criminal suits were already handled back in March... for the ones that were already heard by two grand jury members. The ones we have yet to hear though?! That is a different set of circumstances.

Right now, the NFL and its treatment of women is starting to look worse and worse to the point of the league being quite apathetic. Remember that Dan Snyder still has his crimes to answer for via a request from the House Commitee of Oversight and Reform; Roger Goodell too. That date is set for June 22nd. Why is that date important you may ask?!

Roger Goodell BETTER have made up his mind about the suspension by then. Should he fail to do so by then?! Oof.... that is all I can say.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Baker already has told them that though via indirect messages on podcasts and other Social Media outlets. Emily Wilkerson, his wife, has also expressed such again via indirect comments. Heck, none of this is a factor though in terms of why the Browns stated they "excused him" from today's practice.

That "excuse" was due to his still recovering shoulder. Nothing more.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not a baker fan....at all...I thought He should have been a 2nd round pick, but if that was Me ....they would have 2 double My salary 2 even get Me 2 think about it.

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I read that too. Lol :shock:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah, the NFL is in trouble here.

With all this new info coming out, and the ridiculous comments of Watson's attorney, public opinion is going to demand action. I think any less than 10 games will come across as a slap on the wrist. I think Watson is looking at at least a season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

For the NFL's PR, the hundreds of millions from thousands of sponsorships and the new emerging markets the League itself is attempting to capture world wide via live streaming... they had BETTER suspended Deshaun Watson for at least a season. Should the league fail at doing that... all hell will break loose.....

..... and I mean just that. Why?! Now the Houston Texans are also involved in this as well through NDA's via appointments by the team. That alone is a ridiculous black mark on the league already. Adding in everything else not just with Watson but also the likes of Snyder and the Flores incident?!

Yikes!!! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I did believe Baker Mayfield was worthy of being a First Round Pick. However, him being number one overall?! For me, I would have went with Josh Allen personally. If anything, that is who I was convinced the Browns were targeting.

I was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Are you allowed to ask a witness who they have the NDA agreement with? Because that would be an interesting question.

Deshaun Watson?
    Houston Texans?
    The NFL?

Or, is part of a standard NDA agreement a rule that states you are not allowed to tell people you have an signed an NDA agreement.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Not sure.

For that matter, I am Canadian... so I do not know exactly how our own laws would work on in that matter alone.

Sorry man!! Wish I could give you more!!

• Like Like x 1