1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

May not be the right forum but can anyone tell me what game pass offers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, May 30, 2022.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you get to watch the games without commercial as soon as it finishes live.

And you might be able to listen to it live.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What Blast said. A day later you also get the game condensed w/o commercials or a lot of the clock running between snaps. You can watch a full game in about 35 minutes. I rewatch every game that way at least once. You also used to get the All 22 a few days after the game, but I don’t know if that’s still the case. I never really had much chance to try to watch the All 22 last season.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    F.....that. I want 2 watch as it happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    You also get access to other NFL shows and archives.

I get it every year. I'm not available to watch games at 1 pm. And also not in the evening . I work 400 hours a week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Wow, so you're Rich.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Slacker

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Not sure if yours is different due to tv rights but the Europe pass I get every season is worth it imo.

Can watch every game live, apart from the two prime time games selected for Sky Sports each Sunday. I buy it so I never miss Steelers games, but as other have said, you get full replays, highlights etc available even if I did.

Works out about £10 per game, which is value compared to having to watch RedZone each week.

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It is different here in the states. I’m guessing it has something to do with selling tv rights, but we can’t watch the games live without using a vpn.

10. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    I like it MUCH better than Sunday Ticket, which I had for 2 decades. Mainly because with the advent of DVRs years ago, I had started to watch games delayed by about an hour and a half, because the game breaks had become insufferable to me. So watching games live had stopped being an issue for me. As a result, Game Pass became a no brainer for me. It's over 3 times cheaper, all the games for years are available (after they've finished) whenever I want to watch one, including the short versions with all the time in between plays removed (if you like that) and the coaches' all 22 versions (which is great, by the way). And as has been mentioned, you also get a lot of extras, if you like any of those.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I prefer watching live, but most of the time, that isn't an option in my market. I can't have DirecTV where I am, so no NFL Ticket.

The game isn't always available right after it ends. Sometimes you have to wait a while, though it got better last season.

It definitely allows you to watch the game more quickly, but that also means trying to avoid hearing a score until you get to watch it.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Home Steelers 1 or 4pm games vs. NFC opponents are the games I can't get because of my local FOX channel. We have 2 this year vs. Bucs and Saints. I'll have to watch those on my phone. I can't justify buying game pass for only 2 games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This is precisely why I quit DTV and Sunday Ticket. Plus the Steelers were on regular network or Cable channels so often it watered down the need for Sunday Ticket. I know Glenn has a name for us few but what I save by dumping DTV/Sunday Ticket allows me to buy another gallon of gas in CA right now. :lolol:

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If I can't watch it live ...it sucks

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I had it a few years back and hated it. Not sure if changes have been made. They claim you can watch all the preseason games live, and you can, as long as you are not trying to stream them on your TV live. In that case you can not. But they dont tell you that. Desktop, laptop, or phone only.

Same goes for games. If you are on a mobile device or desktop, you can watch the game immediately after it's completion. But if you try to stream it to your tv you will be lucky if you can watch it the next day.

To make matters worse they make it almost impossible to cancel the service. I paid for one year and had to file a credit card dispute to keep them from charging me for an additional year.

This was my experience and it was not a good one. If Direct TV is an option, switch and get the ticket. Gamepass is a joke IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Same. Sunday Ticket all the way for me and will follow it to Apple TV when it begins streaming it in 2023.

I watch more than just Steelers and enjoy being able to check out any game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Was that because of the TV app or another reason?

The Gamepass in Europe is different but I have found the mobile and laptop apps are much more reliable than the TV one.

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yes it was the TV based app that was the most problematic. But they also prevented you from casting from your phone app to a TV. The best way to actually watch games on the TV was to physically hook up a labtop to the TV, and it quickly became easier to just stream the game through alternative sources.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    45 years ago I lived in Denver and got to see few games live. A friend would record the games on vhs and mail them to me. I would avoid news and papers until I got the tape.‘I knew the game was long over but I still got excited watching it.

My friend had a little girl living in the house. I could tell when he went to the bathroom. I would be watching Steelers then a few minutes of cartoons and then back to the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    89 years ago, when they were still the Pirates, a friend of mine rode by horseback(he couldn't afford one of them high falutin cars)for 26 days and nights straight to deliver the news that my beloved Pirates(Steelers) had been crushed by the New York Giants 23-2. I took that one really hard.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Finally someone older than me, Jeh, Rollers and Ward. I understand you actually surveyed for the pyramids construction job. :drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I recorded one game , and watched later. It was the (I believe 1st year of Tomlin), and I happened 2 have 2 go in a shift because the boss was sick. It was the playoffs against the Jags ,and We lost. After that I was like .....No Freaking More.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hear that crew could whip you into shape in No time, and get the most out of You. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1