1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Pickett have the arm strength to make all the throws?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, May 2, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Your attempts to justify your ignorance are given the lack of credence they deserve. You don't know what you are talking about and you are desperately trying to keep it that way for some odd reason.

Funny that you are still ducking my question. Who knows more about being an NFL quarterback? J.T. O'Sullivan or Kurt Warner?

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    What do a a J.T osullivan and Kurt Warner have to do with this conversation?

I'm not desperately trying to do anything. Especially for you.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Who told you to think that

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Seriously, your every post reeks of desperation. Nobody here is buying your claims to the contrary.

O'Sullivan is the only one who seemingly said something close to what you are claiming here. My bad. It was actually Benny the troll who posted that. You posted the video with Dan Orlovsky, so I will rephrase my question.

Who knows more about playing quarterback? Dan Orlovsky or Kurt Warner?

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Troll alert

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't care what anybody here is buying.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No wonder you seem confused

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pickett has the arm strength needed. Now this is in no way a comparison, but Joe Montana was not known for his arm strength. He was a cerebral QB and was extremely efficient. I think Canada's offense deploys a lot of the characteristics of the 49ers offense during that era with an updated version for the 2020's. It seems it is all cyclical when going through the various types of offense. I think Pickett has the tools necessary to pull it off. While Canada may have tried to tailor it to Ben, I think Ben was still stuck in his ways. It didn't work for him so well, but the blend was somewhat of a self-preservation behind the OLine last year.

9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That is funny.

Considering the greatest QB of all time for the Steelers came From Miami of Ohio!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I see you are ducking the question again. It isn't a complicated question. Who knows more about playing quarterback in the NFL? Hall of Famer Kurt Warner or Dan Orlovsky?

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't have to answer anything. Who you think you are lol?

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is it against the board rules to publicly wish something bad happens to another member? Asking for a friend

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    When a play breaks down
    Depends on who that "member"is. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Hey,I haven't even said anything

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s the thought that counts :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm one of the many people on this board taking turns embarrassing you in those moments you take a break from embarrassing yourself.

Now that we have clearly established that you are ducking the question, I'm going to explain why you are doing so. You insist that only the opinions of current and former players and coaches must be respected. The logical extension of that is that a Hall of Fame quarterback knows more about playing the position than a scrub who started only 12 games in his NFL career. That Hall of Famer praised the Steelers' decision to draft Pickett in the first round. The scrub didn't like it. So you are either arguing with a Hall of Famer or accepting that there is reason to believe the Steelers were right to take Pickett. You chose the approach I would expect from a plagiarist, showing your lack of integrity by running away from the question.

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :facepalm:

18. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I think most "experts" say he doesn't have elite arm strength, but has adequate arm strength to make the throws. I think the main concern is the deep ball (50+). Chris Carter showed a few highlights where the deep ball looked like it floated but the WR was so open it didn't matter. Seems like he was trying to drop it in, so hard to say if he just took too much off trying to make sure it was complete vs was having trouble driving the ball downfield. My guess is the former but something that will need corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't care what so called "embarrassing myself" is to you or anyone on this board.

Again you're nobody. So I don't have to answer anything you propose that I don't want to. You ain't nobody I answer to.

20. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    LMFAO! You dig deep to prove a point.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Funny I like to dig deep just to prove that my early onset Alzheimer's has not set in yet. :)

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny. You do keep answering. Sure, each answer is more pathetic than the last, but the answers keep coming.

In essence, everybody is nobody on an anonymous message board. All we really are is the content of our posts. In your case, that ain't good.

You ducked the question because an honest answer would have hurt your argument. If you really believed that nothing anyone posted here means anything, why be so cowardly about it?

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He needs to get more consistent on some of his deep throws, but that isn't really where arm strength could really limit an NFL quarterback. They all have enough arm to get the ball deep. Rudolph has a below-average arm relative to other guys in the NFL, but one of his strengths is making good throws deep down the field. That is really more of a matter of accuracy and touch.

Arm strength becomes an issue on intermediate throws, and even some short ones, that require a quarterback to gun it in there with some velocity. Rudolph just doesn't have the arm for those. Roethlisberger could still gun it on occasion the last few years, but not consistently enough for opposing defenses to respect those routes. That allowed defenses to defend only parts of the field the last three seasons. Pickett would be an upgrade on those from day one.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    One of my areas of concerns for Pickett is his second layer throws, he’s too much touch and I feel those will get picked off in the NFL where receivers aren’t college open. I’d like to see him step into those throws more.

I don’t think its an arm strength issue though, it’s a technique one which is coachable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. It is definitely a part of his game that has to improve. The interception he threw against Miami last season was an example.