1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett/trubisky rotation?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, May 2, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Colbert told us they would have definitely taken a quarterback in the first round? Link please.

The example of Trubisky is not fair at all. One was an evaluation when he was coming out of college. The other is an evaluation when he had been in the pros for a while.

I considered Dulac's information reliable right up to the point that he started contradicting himself. He reported that there was only one quarterback they would take in the first round as if it was fact, then changed his tune after the draft. Sorry. When that second story came out, he lost me.

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Colbert told us many times he was going to get the next franchise QB before he left.... he said he was leaving after this draft... not many dots to connect

So you are agreeing that you have to give it time to decide if a player was worthy of his draft status?

Could the Steelers not said something to Dulac after the draft? He is one of the ones with access. Is it not possible he was told something different after the pick was long over?

HACK

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :bscow:

4. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    I can’t believe grown men and women even debating about something that could change in a heartbeat. It is done now we all will see how this all plays out. Pickett right out of college never took a snap in the NFL he is in for a big surprise. I don’t think we have the proper QB coaching staff that has the talent to coach Pickett, Turbisky. Hell they can’t get Mason of the bench because there terrible coaches. If a player doesn’t have what it takes then he needs to be told that and given his options. Now we will see if they ruin the draftees. Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Also this is not college. The hot hand QB just does not work in the pro's. With slash or what's his name in NO yes several plays or series were put in for a reason to utilize their talent. I do recall decades ago a team or two trying this, but an O needs to develop a rhythm and find that leader.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    You needed a triple face palm for that one lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

Use your big boy words and explain?

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He never said what you said he said n’ at

Reporters yes Colbert no

Therefore the little cow poop thingie

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He did allude to having more than 1 QB in the top 20 on their board but I only saw that in one interview.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Colbert did say they were going to add quarterbacks and he did say they had to get it right

Fans and reporters are the only ones that use the nebulous “Franchise” word

So I was just nitpicking Hack

Plus I like the cow poop thingie

:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    upload_2022-5-5_9-34-1.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He was supposedly told something before the draft, too. Those things contradict one another, so either Dulac screwed up or he is being manipulated by his source. Either way, the contradictory information makes it clear he can't be trusted on this issue.

Regarding Colbert, link? I honestly don't remember his saying that he would definitely get the next franchise quarterback before leaving. Saying they had to add quarterbacks is not the same thing as saying they were going to get their franchise quarterback. The former implies drafting one at some point. The latter implies drafting one in the first no matter what. I believe what he actually said was the former.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

No you were right... in Colberts 22 years he never spoke publicly in absolutes. I have 2 very loose sources so when reporters said it..it just confirmed what I was already told.... so I probably gave it more weight than I should have.

I added the reports, mt sources, and the fact that he did it.. as proof... but obviously my sources don't mean anything to anyone else.

HACK

• Like Like x 2
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Again I was just having fun nothing personal :smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
  16. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Lets not forget we had a first round grade on Mason Rudolph when we drafted him.

I personally think this is a legit 3’player competition for the starting job. It’s Mitch’s job to lose really but Mason could beat him out. Its not like Mitch has shown anything on the field since being drafted.

it would take a miracle performance from Pickett to win the starting job. Or a disaster from the other two. I dont see a way Pickett wins the starting gig. At least till late in the season or injuries occur.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Article on Yahoo.com about the Steeler QB situation.

• Like Like x 1