1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett analysis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Apr 29, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wasn't talking about Joe Thomas. Any player can leave the team anytime they want. So this they were on bad teams don't ring with Me. Hell D. Sanders for example....made people think He was the greatest CB ever because He jumped team 2 team for SBs. You honestly think people would have thought the same of Him if He never left Atlanta, and never won a SB....let alone multiple SBs.
    Players leave teams all the time. Have for many years.
    Post season means something, or We should just stop playing it, and anoint a winner at the end of regular season.
    I've seen 2 many Guys be awesome in the regular season...dominate weak teams in their division, and build their statistics off of that....then go 2 the post season, and disappear.
    Plus You don't have 2 buy it. It's My opinion, and You have Your....which I'm proud 2 say is just as valid as mine. :thumbs_up:

2. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Hard to argue that Barry Sanders shouldn't be in the HoF.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1040524-the-top-15-nfl-hall-of-famers-who-never-played-in-a-super-bowl

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Steve McNair only made the pro bowl 3x. It wasnt due to popularity lol. You're acting like his Tom Brady or someone that was living off their name. He's the type of player that only made the pro bowl when he deserves it. And he had nearly identical stats when he went to Baltimore. Again just because you play gor a team that previously made the sb doesn't mean anything.

The difference was they got deion. He rushed for a lot more touchdowns. He threw for a few more tds but he had led the NFL in passing tds the 2 years prior. So wasn't like he wasn't passing good. Also led in passer rating and completion percentage the few years before that. He became a better pocket passer period when he got to San Fran lol he was league mvp in 92, 2 years before winning the sb.

4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Yes leaving teams is always an option, but no guarantee either. I do think not enough emphasis is put on certain positions when looking at HOF credentials. Jerry Kramer had to wait till he was 82? 5 champs., 2 SB, all decade team and 50 year team. I know theyvall.cannot maje it, but come on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can easily. Only HOF Rb I know that was repeatedly taken out of goal line situations because He always lead the league in losses behind the line of scrimmage. Because He danced 2 much in the backfield. He was a very good back, and I know a lot think He's the greatest, but anything that shows he was is all regular season. Nothing more. Lot of People think D. Sanders is the greatest CB ....doesn't mean they are correct. Remember My opinion. You don't have 2 Agee.
    You said hard 2 argue, and I'm just arguing it. LoL :thumbs_up:

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    League MVP means absolutely nothing 2 Me. Sorry. Do You know how many people Have won MVP, and never have even sniffed a SB win???
    Sorry if the Biggest game in the Biggest sport Means the most 2 Me.
    Like I said Sorry. Are You even old enough 2 have seen McNair play??? Yes He had a pretty big name.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He had a big name but he's not Brady, manning, farve, etc.. none of those big name guys from back then to just make the pro bowl due to popularity. If that's the case why did he only make 3 in a 10 plus yr career?

And league mvp means nothing to YOU but in the nfl world it means something.

8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Moot point as he finally was in the SB. But his accomplishments fir the team that year were minimal. The Bus not HOF worthy had he retired a year earlier? Some articles from stupid goons think he should not be in anyway. You cannot measure just how important he was to his team. Never was a lead rusher in yardage. But even without a ring you cannot say he would not be HoF worthy. Even coming from a Homer lmao!

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OK. If You have done nothing else MVP means....looks I'm a great regular season player.....2 bad We have a post season. LoL. I know You love it....Cam Newton loves it....it's all He's got....a MVP, and 3 total winning season...out of 11,....and Lamar will love it the same....because it's all He will have. Just like Qb from Atlanta....hell I can't even remember His name. Should be called....IGRDLTYA.....I Got Really Dang Lucky This Year Award. LoL

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Love the Bus man, but He won a SB. So.. He'd be in IMO , but of course He's already in...if You look really hard in my avatar....that's the Bus over My shoulder on the wall. :thumbs_up:

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2022-4-30_22-16-52.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
  14. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

15. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    miracles still happen forgotten 1 ,so pray for my spelling skills.GOD bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think Pickett will win the starting job at the end of the day. This Steelers offense is in a much better place then it was before the draft with all the weapons they added in receiver. Adding guys like Pickens, Austin, and Heyward in the draft along with signing Boykin this week from the Ravens and Gunner in free agency gives the Steelers and Pickett a ton of weapons to work with.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    And how'd they turn out?

Like I said, we need a diamond in the rough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

His hand size? That’s about it. Burrow has small hands too. Pickett way better than Willis. You wouldn’t even know Willis existed if the media didn’t force him down ppls throats.

Pickett: 4,300 yds, 42 TD, 7 Int, 67.2 CP, Rating 165

Willis: 2,857 yds, 27 TD, 12 Int, 62% CP, Rating 151

So please tell me why Willis is the better QB? Cause he has a bigger arm and bigger hands? Doesn’t mean he’s a better QB I think Colbert knows who the better QB is.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I know I maybe biased, Kenny Pickett can spin it. He will work hard to improve and is a good leader.
    Of course there is going to be a learning curve, but he will learn it.

20. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Don't worry about it. That 1 has already been FORGOTTEN.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And Pickett put those numbers up against superior competition, let’s not forget that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    There's some that would say the ACC is not superior competition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why don’t you go read through the zillion draft threads if you want to know. Think I’m rehashing this all again for you.

It’s more than hand size.

24. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Some people are posting that Rudolph will be traded due to the Steelers drafting another QB in the 7th round.
    Or that Pickett will definitely be day-1 starter.

It was under another coach, but back to 2004, the QB drafted with the 11th pick was the 3rd QB in pre-season depth chart.
    He was behind a QB not drafted in the 1st or 2nd round who had several starts for the Steelers (Maddox), and a QB who started for several years on a different team (that wasn't very good) but had zero starts for the Steelers (Batch).
    If it wasn't for injuries to both the QBs ahead of him, that 3rd QB probably wouldn't have seen much time as a rookie.

Is it really so difficult to believe that a 20th pick QB might be in the similar situation, behind Rudolph and Trubisky?

Maybe one of the QBs plays lights-out in the preseason to clearly win the competition.
    (Or one completely crashes and burns and is excluded.)
    If they are close to even in practices,
    I think it will be Trubisky - Rudolph - Pickett on the depth chart (with Oladokun on the PS).

25. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

I didn’t ask you to rehash it. I posted why Pickett is a better QB and the better choice. If Malik was a better choice, Tomlin would of took him. They had both in their hands to choose from. They chose one with more experience, played against better competition and had wayyy more success. But Steeler fans are still mad lol.