1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Kenny Pickett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Apr 28, 2022.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It is the elephant in the room, but you do have to wonder how much the Haskins tragedy affected this pick.
    If things were different, would they have taken another player and then moved up in the 2nd to grab Pickett or someone else?

He was recruited by Canada to come to Pitt. Have to wonder how much influence MC had in their decision. And if he did have a lot of influence, what does that say about the Steelers belief in MC?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I've always wondered about this take on him and never understood it. You make sense, so I get it now. That said, I agree with the latter part of your post too. Just because he's been around a while and didn't mature until later, doesn't mean that he can't still grow and improve as a pro.

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Thank you football gods.

4. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Mobile QB. Not sure why people keep interchanging mobile with running. Very much not the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Come back to Oakland? With the first round money he's going to get, Im sure he'll be able to afford something a little better than what's in Oakland :lolol:

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome Kenny, now go compete hard.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If you liked what Mac Jones did in NE, with the same disciplined coaching style
    you will like Kenny Pickett. He is also more athletic than Jones.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My 10 year old daughter went to bed at 9. Many discussions I had with her on the Steelers could draft.

Tell me who the new QB is when I wake I up in the morning before she goes to sleep. Then at 10:17 Pickett..

man she called it. Hopefully she gets the joy of good QB play we all got the last 17 years

• Like Like x 5
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Some folks heard the “mobile” QB comments and assumed we were looking for a guy who would be a weapon in our running game.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Welcome to the Steelers Kenny Pickett! :herewego::herewego::herewego:

Kenny, I know that you have a high floor and will be able to be a capable starting QB in this league for years. The challenge is to elevate yourself and be more than just a capable starter. You may not have the physical traits of some of the elites like Mahomes and Allen, but you do have physical traits that compare favorably to other recent greats like Brady, Manning and Brees. You have the tools that you need, and one of the most stable, well-led franchises in the league to support you. Work hard, study harder, and lead this team back to championship glory!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Plus if u look up their 40 times which willis did not run u find he's around 5.0. Pickett is faster, but ben was faster per combine ages ago. Pickett will be mobile and able to extend plays. Will be weird not seeing a tree under center.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He has a legit problem with his thumb, doesn’t open all the way and needs to wear that damn glove. That will nag at me until he proves he can win in this league like that.

Everything else about his game is impressive.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Welcome to the Steelers Kenny. You best perform or you will be toasted on this board. Be afraid, be very afraid...

First they bring in Trubisky. Then they draft Pickett. I hope they trade him and grab the missing 5th rounder. Would be the first time I believe a 5th round pick has a 1st round grade :lolol: He has to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like our qb room at the moment. even with these 3 we are paying a lot less than many teams are for one guy. didn't think we had a shot at pickett but glad we got him. all seem hungry and i like that. let's see where it takes us. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Good pick. I like it

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Feeling great about this pick!! Welcome to the Steelers, Kenny!!

18. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    New era time. Welcome Mr Pickett.

19. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Welcome the the Steelers Kenny…. But I can’t help but think about that old Burger King small hands commercial….. prove the critics wrong!!!

20. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    Tomlin's new favorite call, "We're gonna run the Pickett fence at 'em."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    TBH I'm still pissed he skipped the Bowl game. I know it's meaningless and you have to protect the product but I feel it was a kick in the face to his teammates who winning a Bowl game meant something.

When they drafted Ben I was excited. I knew we finally had a QB who gave us a chance. Not sold on Pickett, time will tell. Hope we don't hear to often, "Pickett threw a pick".

• Like Like x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    upload_2022-4-29_8-5-12.png

don't pick your nose, let kenny pickett.

:smiley1::cool:

23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Welcome Kenny, it sure was nice to see how passionate, happy and emotional he was when selected. That's what he wanted.

24. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Agreed. The Steel Sieve oline made it necessary for Big Ben to get rid of the ball in a hurry before he was made into steak tartare. There often wasn’t time for downfield plays to develop. They have addressed the oline through free agency and likely aren’t done yet.

25. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I said it on another thread, we could’ve done worse. I don’t hate the pick, but I’m not ready to kneel at the Pickett / Colbert / Tonkin altar either. Reading some of these posts makes me wonder how many ghost accounts Tomlin and Colbert have.

• Like Like x 2