1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's your no. 1?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Jball, Apr 24, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I will do that later today!!!

Just running behind at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    My wish is for the Steelers to draft Tyler Linderbaum, the center from Iowa. I think he will solidify the line for a decade or more and allow us to do alot more with the other lineman we have on the roster.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My list really did not change much this off season

My wish list was
    Ickey Ekwonu
    Kenyon Green
    Jordan Davis
    Chris Olave
    Devin Lloyd

I would be happy with any of them.. my only trade up guys would be Hamilton or Sauce Gardener

I have zero interest in a QB

Hack

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I won't lie my realistic player is Devon lloyd, might not have all the measurables but I feel he has a big motor and loves football. I do not think Steelers will go in this direction, they will be patient with Bush:puking2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I couldn't help myself and had to put a list of actual favorites together. My list in order:

(My list is going to go under the impression that Hamilton and Stingley are gone)
    1. Garrett Wilson
    2. Devin Lloyd
    3. Dax Hill
    4. Pickett/Ridder
    5. George Pickens

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Wish list has to be:
    Davis, Hamilton, Linderbaum

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1stCavVet

1stCavVet Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2021
    Sounding like a broken record here,but I agree with Hack,0 interest in QB.....Damn the torpedoes, lol,roll with Tribisky and draft to fill the many holes we have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I'd argue that we don't have "many" holes... but I agree with the sentiment. I think that we can build a really good team first, then draft the QB that takes us over the top into contention. Don't have to force the QB just yet.

We are maybe 1 really good player away from having one of the best defenses in the league. We jus signed two solid corners (and have a good slot guy), signed a quality ILB, have a high end FS, the best player in all of football at OLB, and a quality DL when healthy. Whether that player is a S, LB or DL doesn't necessarily matter. We are just a guy away. For the offense, we lack a quality #2 target at WR, and our OL is a question mark (but we did go out and spend some money to fix that). QB obviously, but I think Trubisky should be fine if we put a good team around him. Aside from that we are pretty solid. We always are looking for quality depth, but overall I like our roster and how its shaping up.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    JMO, but I think We are actually weak at CB, SS, and DL....unless
    1. Tuitt is back, and at it.
    2. Alualu is completely healthy....which is not a given. I believe He missed 15 games last year, and 6 games the year before with injuries. Now another year older. That's 21 games in last 2 years....no matter how good he is while playing...I can't see it getting better....even though I hope for Him, and our Steelers it does. :shrug:
    This is Why I keep saying. 1st 3 picks.
    CB, SS, and DL :shrug:

10. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    No chance it would be Penning. Steelers not interested. Didn't go to his pro day :(

It's going to be a QB. I think it's Willis or Ridder. But if you ask me, I think Corral is the best fit for us

11. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    We already have the most expensive defense in the entire league and we haven't even made Fitzpatrick the highest paid safety yet. We aren't going to spend all of our first 3 picks on the defense... I expect us to draft defense, but it wont be all 3.

We aren't actually weak at CB, we just don't have a true #1. We do however have three #2's... Between Witherspoon, Wallace, and Sutton, we have a pretty solid unit. No one sticks out though. The biggest win would be if we get to take Hamilton. Having the best safety tandem in the NFL with solid corners and the top pass rush would be super scary. DL we should be fine too. Adams having a full season, Loudermilk a year older and more ready to go. Still have Wormley and Alualu. Idk. I think its still a good unit. I understand they played a part in last year's run defense issues, but Bush and Schobert being dumpster fires were the main issue imo

Walking away with something like the following would be really awesome for us.
    1. Kyle Hamilton
    2. Skyy Moore
    OR
    1. Garrett Wilson
    2. Jalen Pitre/Lewis Cine

• Like Like x 2
  12. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis or Tyler Linderbaum.

If we were to land either of these 3, I'd be happy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
  14. 1stCavVet

1stCavVet Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2021
    Being a Buckeye fan,would love to get G Wilson,but IMO he'll go top ten....Davis or Hamilton would be a nice addition....if it has to be a QB ,I like Corral

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lets get that SS in round 2. Briskar in the second?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1