1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2022 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Jermayne Lole is another name to consider.

Some analysis from SI:
    The first thing that pops off Jermayne Lole's tape is his movement skills for someone his size. Being north of 300, Lole makes it hard on interior linemen to keep up with his bend, low pad level, and sudden change of direction. Against the run, Lole has good gap integrity and can be a two-gap tackle working both sides of a block. He does a great job at stacking and shedding blocks while keeping eyes in the backfield and timing his shed. The initial punch off the line is strong and likely leaves a bad taste in the mouth of whoever is on the receiving end. He plays with good patience and has solid gap integrity. When rushing the passer, Lole is shifty with his approach and plays inside-out on blocks. He has good drive and can collapse the pocket. He creates natural leverage with excellent ankle flexion and drops into his stance. His suddenness and quick hands allow for him to exploit overzealous offensive linemen. When he doesn't create pressure, he knows how to get into the pass lanes and get his hands up to deflect passes.

From PFF:
    resets the line of scrimmage consistently one on one and can be an impact pass rusher with his skill set at the next level. Forklifting Lole one on one is not an option. His low center of gravity and first step make locking him up a chore. Lole can not only hold up to double teams on the nose, but he can also penetrate as a 3-technique. Any scheme could use him.

I was looking at him earlier for Buffalo but went with DeMarvin Leal. One negative about him is he doesn’t have great length and may struggle keeping lineman out of his pads. Grave Digger didn’t have great length either but his smaller size and leverage worked to his advantage. Far as I’m concerned the Steelers made a big mistake lettering Hargrave get away.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I was all set to cast my vote for Smoke Monday, and the damn Bengals came along...

My official vote is now for Malcolm Rodriguez

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I know your vote's official, but what does Rodriguez have over Buddy Johnson?

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

The speed is about equal, but Rodriguez has a higher football IQ and is more of a leader

• Like Like x 1
  5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm was leaning towards Safety Verone McKinley, he plays in a big conference.... had a solid game to start season against Ohio State. Outside of Rachaad White, I think most of the other names could be had later in the draft..... McKinley shows up on my lists as a 3rd rounder..... until I looked at Walter football who had him slipping to the 6th round.

What about Tackle from Central Michigan Luke Goedeke..... 6'5".... basically a fall back or someone to help push Dan Moore a little? I show him ranked higher than some of the other tackles already taken.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    My official vote:

Jermayne Lole, DL, Arizona.

In addition to what I wrote above, he finished his 3 seasons with 11.0 sacks, 123 tackles (20 for loss) and eight passes defended. I’ve seen him ranked as top 50. Thats great value in the 4th

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Vote Tally:

1 - Malcom Rodriguez, LB, Oklahoma
    1 - Jermayne Lole, DL, Arizona

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    My vote goes to [​IMG] Rasheed Walker*, OT, Penn State

Excellent value this late in the fourth round. The Steelers were all over PSU's Pro Day, and the Steelers could use a Tackle after passing on the big name guys in the first three rounds.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Ok, Walker and Goedeke are close enough in rankings..... and Walker gets the home town discount...... my official vote is Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I'm not sold on Chuks so I will also vote for Rasheed Walker. He's 6-6" 320 and a 3 year starter for Penn State.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I almost suggested Walker. I'm good with that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    my official vote:

Rasheed Walker OT Penn State

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Lole is returning to school for 2022, but thanks the Steelers for their interest….

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I vote for Rasheed Walker

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well I nominate him for the 2023 Fantasy Mock Draft then.

Seriously, wtf PFF. Why is he in their 2022 draft guide.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    They revise that report a few times between it’s first publication and the draft

17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Vote Tally:

6 - Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn St.
    1 - Malcom Rodriguez, LB, Oklahoma
    1 - TSF FUTURES DEAL forJermayne Lole DL, Arizona

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I wish we had more picks. Don't mind the 4 so far but the front 7 on D hasn't been improved. It'll be like that this weekend; some part of the team won't get help (until very late, which doesn't really count).

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Walker was the guy I was going to mention until work interrupted me. My vote is also Walker.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If only they can trade back, stay later in the 1st, pick up a second or a third, that would be a help.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I downloaded it a couple months ago, well after he announced he was going back.

22. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
  23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Tackle is definitely in play for me here, as is safety (if there’s anybody left worth taking this high). I was going to do some research before voting, but it looks like a foregone conclusion that Walker is the tackle of choice by the board. So I guess count another vote for Walker.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    14 Qbs, 62 Wrs, 34 Olinemen, no better anywhere on D.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    In the real draft next week if the Steelers aren't able to land a NT early on there is Marquan McCall from Kentucky who will probably be available from the fourth round on. McCall is 6'3" and his weight bounces around between 350 and 375. Pro Football Network states that he will be a good fit for a 3-4 defense. If you're looking for someone who will chase down RB's and get a bunch of sacks, he's not your guy. But at 370 and having immense strength he can definitely clog up any team wanting to run up the middle. He can eat up space and plug the middle and let the fast guys get all the tackles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1