1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you trade for Kyler Murray?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Apr 15, 2022.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't consider this speculstion... its conversation..... would YOU... is just a question

HACK

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Oh stop it.... Go follow just Google news if you can't have a conversation on "would you".

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And that is Why I said No. I believe He's good(a little 2 small for Me), but it's not His abilities that are as much a concern....it's everything else.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :lolol:

5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think 2 firsts is more than fair if the contract demands are under 40 million. Murray is a very good young player and would probably gain a lot playing for a guy like Tomlin (players LOVE him). Murray would make us a much better team, and potentially a Super Bowl contender just by being here. I wouldn't pay him 46 million like he's Deshaun Watson (nor would I have his whole contract guaranteed), but if the financials make sense two firsts isn't a bad price. We are going to have to spend a first on a QB eventually. Why not add the second one in for a "sure thing" that he is a good player?

Ultimately the Cards have some leverage, but only for a while. If Murray doesn't want to be there, he doesn't have to play. Now, do I think it is smart for Murray to sit out? No. But he wont be resigning if they aren't willing to work with him. The longer they let the relationship sour, the more likely it is that they either have him walk for nothing or have his trade value plummet. They have to toe a line, but its not an unmanageable situation.

6. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Its true. I would trade for Murray. Its just how much you're willing to give up and how much you're willing to play. The leadership thing can be just that he is young, immature-ish, and rich. Having him play for Tomlin might go a long way for the young man.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    IMO. They have completely built that team for Him....all the way down 2 the coach.
    Yet after on 3 years He is causing problems. They have given him everything He has asked for. Except a Watson contract with still 2 years left on His original contract.
    He won't get that Here.
    This has nothing 2 do with His talents....this has 2 do with the person, and I don't see it being a good thing. In No way shape, or form.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Its a fair opinion to have. I think he is still worth the shot if the numbers and compensation (in picks) was correct. This kind of thing is what Tomlin is great at. Get him here and see if we can turn him into the man he needs to be in order to be the player he thinks he can be.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    But that's not how the market works. The beat guy doesn't make the most money and that's it. If you happen to sign your deal after the guy who det the bar you're generally paid the most. Like dak got more money than mahomes and Allen because he signed his contract after.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I can agree with that. Those are question marks but he has also been with not the most stable organization and a head coach who's been a loser everywhere he went. Could a respected coach and stable organization like Pittsburgh help him mature? Possibly. Plus his talent is too good to not try to work with that. It's why the browns got deshaun despite his issues.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree. I do think they'll want a haul and he'll want top flight money. 40 a year is just about to the going rate for franchise qbs. Eventually they'll be at 50. Just the way it is. The numbers go up overtime.

12. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    would you is the ultimate speculation. It asks you to consider a set of circumstances then to speculate on whether or not you would act on those circumstances. Just a difference of opinion I guess

• Like Like x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This. Why people continually forget or even disregard this is truly intriguing to me. Part of being a Franchise QB is his availability. The more available a Franchise QB is... the better chances of their winning percentage and overall record.

Kyler has gotten better year after year but has also faded out in much of the same time span as well. For that matter, playing essentially 1/2 a season of elite football does not beget a mega altering deal for the Steelers as that would set the team back. While other teams might be able to make this move.. another aspect to consider is the Division that Kyler will be playing in; the AFC North.

Myles Garrett

Odafe Oweh

Trey Hendrickson

Keep in mind I am being very generous here as said teams will likely address their EDGE or overall Pass Rush when the Draft rolls around. Granted... Aaron Donald alone is very much an issue on his own. Adding more problems than issues seems like addition by subtraction but instead compounds the overall shortcoming of Murray's biggest one; availability.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Not a fan of him wanting more money so early, I don't remember him taking the Cards deep into the playoffs or to a super bowl.
    His size will always be a concern he plays well, but sooner or latter someone much bigger will light him up. If he loses a little mobility he won't be a very good pocket passer at his statue.
    I wouldn't of paid Watson what he is going to get paid, with contracts like that how do you field a competitive team around a QB who is getting 25% of the cap.
    Look how strapped the Steelers were paying Ben 40 mil, come free agent time we were taking other teams cast offs or hoping injured older players would find the fountain of youth and return to form of 4 yrs earlier.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry, but two firsts are not fair compensation for a sniveling brat who now appears ready to bail out on his contractual commitment. Leadership and integrity should still mean something and Kyler Murray is proving to be a failure in those important intangible categories.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Just no.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The rams somehow keep seeming to do it.