1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Knocks Houston Texans....anyone watching this?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by gothamroguefan, Aug 29, 2015.

1. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I am having a hard time watching Hard Knocks this year. I am somewhat confused on what they are trying to do on offense. I know that they have one of the best players in the league on their defense, but it seems like they rely on Watt for EVERYTHING.

That is just what I am seeing so far, I know they cannot show everything, I am just getting frustrated by it.

Watt will be the next Barry Sanders......I can see it now :(

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've never watched this show at all. I remember a few years ago that Rex Ryan sorta stirred up a stink when he used a lot of foul language on there. Do they talk like that on it this year too?

3. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Oh yes....a lot of f-bombs! It is on HBO, so it is uncut. :eek:

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've only caught the first episode so far. JJ Watt is definitely the focal point of that team. Nuk Hopkins is going to have a pretty good year.

There's always swearing. NFL coaches and players swear a lot. ;+)

5. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Yeah, I feel bad for Watt, he is one of my favorite players in the league, even though he is not a Steeler. Ahhhh.... to be able to see Watt in black and gold, dream come true.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah that doesn't surprise me about coaches. That's why I thought it was sorta weird that Dungy nailed Ryan for it if it is something that's really rampant ya know?

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I thought one of the funniest parts was the production crews jab at deflatgate. The had a cut scene showing the equipment guys prepping new footballs for game use. It was cute. Everyone here should know by now that I'm a huge fan of the show, really don't care about who they are with each season but just the production value, the inside looks, the narration from Schrieber and of course the story lines. absolutely have to love the looks at Watt though, the guy stays after practice to work on the field himself and then spends time signing stuff for fans until everyone is happy. I mean class act the whole way. I don't think HK is focusing on their offense once Foster went out beyond the QB battle although maybe they should since there are some good storylines there.

8. Supersteeler

Supersteeler Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2015
    This Texans Coach makes Rex Ryan sound like an altar boy the way he talks lol. He's basically a more foul mouthed, less likable Rex Ryan without Rex's sense of humor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Well said :this!:

• Like Like x 1
  10. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I agree. I watch the show regardless. Watt lives and breathes football. He works his ass off and still takes the time for each fan. It would be great if everyone in the NFL had the same passion/work ethic.

11. Supersteeler

Supersteeler Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Watt is amazing both on and off the field. Watching him stand about 10 feet from the jugs machine and catching one high speed ball after another with one hand not to mention SWITCHING HANDS without ever dropping a ball blows my mind. He's a freakish athlete and he has the mentality to want to be better.

12. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    :this!:

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I find that some series I can really get into, and some just don't do it.

But I've been enjoying the Texans one. I like O'Brien - didn't know much about him beforehand, but I like his style, and really interesting to see him at home.

And if Watt ever leaves Houston, I swear the whole city will fall through the earth.

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Gruden - Harrison exchange on hard knocks was one of my favorites. "Do we understand each other?!"

• Like Like x 1
  15. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Right. Watt IS that team. I mean, did you watch yesterday? Nobody can spell...what was it, spaghetti? Hilarious! The one guy trying to fish? It is seriously cracking me up!

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was just floored by Watt telling EZ that he sleeps 10 hours a night and try to nap throughout the day to recover and then admitting It's a boring way to live but it works. That is how you avoid getting in tabloids and trouble.

17. gothamroguefan

gothamroguefan Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Yep! That is why you never hear about Watt getting into trouble. He is not a punk.

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Texans are 0-2. Maybe Hard Knocks is a distraction. :hmm:

19. BowlsOfSteel

BowlsOfSteel Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    It shouldn't! Come on, you're a professional. I don't see that this changes anything in your training camp.
    Was a good season though, with Watt and Cushing. Cool it was added to NFL GamePass.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I could see it changing things in camp and definitely having an effect on the normal day to day. Bill O'Brien said yesterday of the "Hard Knocks" experience: "I would not recommend that for a team or coaches."

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Seems like a real smart guy... I mean a camera in a locker room for just a few minutes after a game can wind up causing a ton of headaches but these guys think it's totally no problem to have them following you around all day for an extended period of time? Just seems like begging for problems to me. I hope we never do it.