1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dwayne Haskins

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelrules, Apr 9, 2022.

1. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

This would explain why it is taking so long to investigate. If he had simply broke down or run out of gas, it would be easy to determine that quickly and report it as an obvious explanation for him walking on the highway. But clearly, there is a more complicated series of events that are taking longer to determine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    For Your Brothers sake....I hope it's nice, and He's well taken care of.:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If that ends up being his wife passed out in the car, after the Vegas incident, I can completely understand why he chose to abandum his car in the middle of a busy highway and try to walk home.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe even more so if it wasn’t his wife….

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If this is true and there was a drunk woman in his car passed out then it may or may not have been his wife. Could be why he was walking on the highway if he was drunk too. All I know is I need to quit telling people what I heard cause it changes so much by the minute when you follow the internet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    There are multiple stories of the same. It's unfortunate. Drunk girl passed out (I don't believe it was his wife), he leaves the car to cross a highway and a dump truck hits him. Maybe he took his own life? This is what I thought when I heard it was a dump truck. We won't know the whole story for a while.

A shame none the less.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    Another "dual" piece of information reported so far is that all of the early reports stated that he was hit by a dump truck. But the one potential eyewitness report ("potential" because the guy says he thinks it "may" have been Dwayne whom he saw) given to police that has been relayed to the media claims that it was a Mack/semi truck that hit him. It obviously doesn't change the result, of course, but it would be nice to know for sure which one it was.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

What difference would that actually make? Doesn't matter if it's a Dump Truck, Mack Truck, Semi Truck or a Train. All of them will kill you instantly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 88Unstoppable82

May 21, 2021
    I both already said what you just said, and answered your question, with my last sentence in my post.

"It obviously doesn't change the result, of course, but it would be nice to know for sure which one it was." ;)

10. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I heard it was a smart car with him playing Frogger while trying to cross a 6 lane highway narrowly missing a Dump Truck, Taxi, Bus, Extended Semi and a Rolls Royce. He would have been doomed anyways cause just on the other side was the Train which he surely wasn't going to pass.

So far I've heard 27 different stories and passed that misinformation probably 5 times inadvertently. It's crazy how many journalists exist in this social networking world we live in.

Still doesn't change the fact that he made very poor choices and now has lost his life. J/S.

11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    It was a dump truck. The video posted earlier in the thread shows the truck and the damage that occurred do to the incident. Looks to me to be a 10 ton dump, which is not something you ever want to be hit by on the highway.

12. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Good for you to say, "I don't understand."

It's a hard thing for the ego to do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Unfortunately, given the location of south Florida, the alligator in the canal , before the train was going to be the demise as long as he hopped on the turtles back prior to..

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Was it light or still dark when he was hit/killed

15. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    So so sad. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Life is to short and moments like this put everything in perspective.

Rest well young man!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Accident was reported to be about 6:30 am, sunrise in Ft. Lauderdale is a few minutes before 7 this time of year, so just before dawn. Not completely dark but not fully daylight either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    IF this is true, what a sad ending to the life of a young man who just couldn’t get his act together. I was hoping that he was starting to mature and get past some of those foolish decisions that he’d made up to this point in his career. Maybe not, unfortunately. :facepalm:

18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  19. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Just listened to the 911 call. Sounds like a very unfortunate accident. Not sure why we have to hear so many apparently made up different stories on the internet. RIP Dwayne. :crybye:

20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Could have been foggy. FL mornings are often that way. So visibility might have been bad.

21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Let the man Rest in piece.. Its no ones business to hear everything that happened that morning, Family excluded.... His wife or whoever is releasing these details should be ashamed of themselves ..

22. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    911 is public record so the reporters request the records. Personally, I think that the tragedy should be a teaching moment that people should plan ahead what to do in an emergency. On major highways in Florida, they will provide enough gas to get to a station free of charge.

The Road Ranger Service Patrol provides traffic incident management response services and limited no-cost highway assistance to motorists to improve highway safety for emergency responders and the motoring public. If you’re on the roadway and need assistance, call *347 on your mobile phone.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. 88Unstoppable82

May 21, 2021
    Just now being reported that Dwayne's parents aren't going to attend his funeral/memorial because "they don't want that to be the place they FIRST meet his widow". Meaning, I assume, that they haven't even met her yet?!!! That's quite interesting, to say the least.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

If true. That's just weird. I'm not talking about just now meeting the widow part either.

What kind of Mother and Father wouldn't go to their own child's funeral that was due to a very unfortunate accident? Says a lot about their character. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure it's extremely difficult to be in their place right now, but they should at least pay their respects. Probably more worried about losing their cash crop more than anything.

25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Some of the comments on the news feed make me sick. The parents never met his wife and do not feel it is appropriate to meet her in this setting..have no idea what the relationship with their son was, but all the speculation and stupid comments. Actually stating his wife was to blame! Wtf people she was in the burgh at the time.