1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trubisky Florida training

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Apr 8, 2022.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    You mean dumbwaiter

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This makes even more sense now

DJ and Mason will be the ones remembered for not being there by the ones now with an even deeper bond

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Right now that competition is over Mason handed it to Mitch

Everyone at his house is binding and will fight for Mitch

Mason screwed himself

DJ is also going to be starting down the list for the same reason

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Mitch invited= good leader!

Mason and DJ didn’t show=WTF?

Players in attendance, roster and staff=grieve.

Fans, staff, players etc… cue wouldve, could’ve and shouldve’s= we’re all human crunching the numbers of life and looking for the right or wrong affordances allowable attached.

everyone made a choice in the invite. I hope everyone don’t what if themselves on said choices. The possible personal effects will be endless and arguably understandable but what happened happened and it can’t be walked back.

I pray for the young man’s family friends and personally affected contacts of life. I pray as well that all those in the club house don’t what if the rest of their days. Might be impossible but it’s not the way to live.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    I understand you may have your own training regimen but when your new QB invites you down to throw with everyone and you don’t go isnt a good look. I’m hoping Trubisky and Claypool can build a great connection.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Quarterbacks develop favorites Ben had his
    DJ just went out of his way to not be one for Mitch
    SJ was already in Florida it’s not like he couldn’t make it he just didn’t want to make it

As for Mason his no show just looks like an insecure kid pouting

Any thought on QB competition is now gone

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Welcome back to the board btw

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Or .....or just maybe everyone in the know .....knows that they are Drafting a Qb ,and know Mitch is not long for the Steelers. I mean let's be honest if they thought Trubisky was all that(the players know this)....they wouldn't be courting every Tom, Dick,Willis, and Harry Qb coming out.
    I believe some are making a mountain out of a freaking mole Hill out of this.
    Hell Ben had people come down and train before He got married, and again later, but people that didn't like Him didn't say WOW what a great leader....:shrug:
    You Honestly think anyone is going 2 give a $h!+ about Trubisky the minute he throws a pass You can't even figure out who He threw it 2, or...., or after they Draft a Qb in the 1st,and another later in the Draft????
    No they are going 2 think.....Yep Mitchell is a great guy, but that's why Chicago drafted another Qb ,and sent His a$$ packing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I see two good players in that whole group. (Pat & Najee) Maybe they should try working out with some starters?

It's nice to guys getting together and all but not sure it means anything other than the team lacks leadership. Hopefully someone steps up.

Not sure how much Ben got together with Ward, AB, etc. to workout but you didn't hear much of that going on with those teams yet on Sunday they lit it up like they were soul mates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do agree but it would be insane if we draft a QB and he wins the job.

• Like Like x 1
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It was a great initiative by Trubisky to invite everyone. It is sad that Mason and DJ not making is being interpreted as "shots fired". The guy signed two weeks ago and it's not like everyone is sitting around on call waiting for an invitation. I feel for Mason because he has never received a welcoming reception as Ben made it clear he took it personal after openly pondering retirement the year Mason was drafted. Steelers traded up to get him as they did have a first-round grade on him and also moved ahead of the Patriots with that move who were also rumored to have him on their draft board. You never heard Ben praise Mason since he was drafted. Ben should have been pulled many games this past season to allow Mason or Haskins opportunity to play. Ben's ego was too fragile that he was afraid of a QB controversy. Let's be honest Ben's stats were padded this past season with many of the second half comebacks against a prevent defense following a first half blowout. I've said many times I would really like for Mason to show up all his naysayers, but I'm guessing so many fans are so far gone not wanting to admit they were wrong that Mason will be best with a fresh start in 2023 if he doesn't get the opportunity this year.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Oh, Ben had his "get togethers" pre season. I'm not going there.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    People sometimes make commitments weeks or months in advance. I wouldn’t read anything into DJ and Mason not showing up at Trubisky’s offseason workout on short notice. I’m happy that Trubisky is doing this, and that some players are showing up, but the fact that the whole team didn’t just drop everything else and show up doesn’t mean much IMO.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's doing the Big Ben work out,, show up on the very last day before preseason begins.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well apparently we have a different opinion :smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
  16. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Off the top of my head, I could imagine three reasons, that don't involve players being petty.

Maybe one of those individualized camp/trainers was paid for. Don't want to waste expert training.
    Maybe they normally spend Palm Sunday / Easter with the family, so this weekend wasn't ideal.
    Maybe the stalkers fans didn't notice them there, but they were. I'd want confirmation they were seen elsewhere, before getting upset about gossip.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Early in his career Ben used to get together with his teammates in the offseason…just not to work out. :facepalm:

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2022-4-10_19-22-55.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hey...., and that's ok.:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently Trubisky invited players down again from now until camp.

From Steelers.com:

Trubisky has encouraged others to join him in Florida to workout together, including fellow quarterback and No. 1 draft pick, Kenny Pickett and veteran Mason Rudolph.

"We already talked about meeting up down there, training and hanging out," said Pickett. "I definitely want to use those guys. They are great teammates as a resource and to help me learn. I can't say enough great things about how they have been."

• Like Like x 3
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Oh Geez!!!! WHO is Trubisky going 2 off Next.
    Is this 2 soon??

Last time.....We came back with one less Qb. :shrug:

23. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Very cool. I'm really liking this kid

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Good fair competition never hurt anybody. Isn't that life?

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If it gets out it will be interesting to see who attends

It’s not a few day thing like last time

This sounds more like an open invitation over 6 weeks

Some players will be busy doing pre camp things like taking their families on vacation

Mason will be busy looking for a girlfriend a helmet and a job

• Like Like x 1