1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite shows on each platform?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Mashburn, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Peacock.....
    - Yellowstone... it should be ending next season.
    - Dr death...... only watch if you can handle there's a case of a bad doctor. I have extreme anxiety and handled it fine. But my wife is fine, and she couldn't handle the surgery. So she hid behind her phone like watching a scary movie. It's not gruesome, just sucks seeing someone do what he did...... If you worry about that stuff. I will say just research your doctor, talk to other doctors, and etc.

Netflix
    - Ozark and is about to finally end.
    - stranger things season 1. After that it fell off. season 3 made me wish they just ended it with season 1. And skins like they want even another season and won't be ending with this 4th.
    - peaky blinders. One of my favorites. It has that mid 1800's mafia feel too it. Episode 3 is when it starts getting good. So if you don't like it by 4, then I would say stop. But know it's continues to get better and better. And they do that with every season.... It's also about to have it's final season.
    - Locke and key.
    - Cobra Kai. But because I like karate kid. First two seasons were good. Now it's just decent.
    - Gotham. But disliked the final season
    - breaking bad. But disliked the final season. And I didn't like the movie El Camino.
    - the ranch. It's a good comedy and country.
    - you.... But only the first couple seasons.
    - true story. It's only one season.
    - the haunting... It ends. And it's not really scary.

HBO
    - teen Titan. I feel this year it ended. And they're now looking for a new comic book story for next year.
    - game of thrones. But hated the final season.

Amazon
    - Vikings.
    - Lost.... A lot didn't like the season finale. But I think it's because most didn't binge watch it and was hoping for a dramatic ending that was shocking.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    There's probably something to the idea that it was a looong build up over years, as opposed to binging. But the main reason we hated the ending is that it made ZERO sense and was shoehorned in - including trying to retcon earlier seasons to make it fit. It was all promise, no delivery. I do not believe for a second that when they conceived the show, or even the first 4 seasons, that they had any intention of ending it this way. A planned arc, you can go back and see all the hints after the fact. This had none of that. It was mysteries to build intrigue, but no answers, just more mysteries. Rinse/repeat. And then the last season was one huge cop out ending. Essentially, "god did it." (No, not "God" per se, but big supernatural being with mysterious plan you're not supposed to understand? Yup Oh, and an evil counterpart too? LMAO) Especially infuriating because in the beginning of the show, the writers PROMISED that this all had a logical explanation and they weren't going to just say "it's magic." Of course, that was before JJ Abrams bailed on the show and left Lindelof in charge. The saddest part was that VERY early in the show, a lot of fans started theorizing that the island wasn't real. They were all dead and this was some sort of purgatory. So much internet discussion that even the magazines and news articles started jumping on the bandwagon. That's when the writers SWORE that no, that's not what the story is about. It's a logical story rooted in realistic and natural explanations. Then they went ahead and made it about the afterlife anyway. Oh, everything was real. But NONE of it mattered.

That whole last season could've have just been every single episode having 48 minutes of Damon Lindelof giving the audience the finger, and it would have been less insulting.

3. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    HBO:

Deadwood
    Rome
    Game of Thrones (half baked, shoddy ending notwithstanding)

Netflix:

The Last Kingdom
    Ozark
    Witcher
    Stranger Things

Amazon:

The Boys
    Reacher

Hulu:

Letterkenny

• Like Like x 2
  4. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Paramount Plus:

Seal team

• Like Like x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Are we talking ever? Or just current shows? I see BB and Lost mentioned so, I guess it's ever:
    In no particular order,
    Sopranos
    Oz
    Breaking Bad
    Ozark
    Yellowstone
    Deadliest Catch

• Like Like x 2
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Not favorites per se, but some that I’ve watched recently and enjoyed. Hit and Run- netflix, Black Spot - Netflix, Counterpart- Prime

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Current or old. Doesn't matter.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Game of Thrones the 1st 3 seasons after that :puking 3:I'm a person that has read what has been written 6 times, and started reading it years before they were even making it a show....So I couldn't handle all the changes. :shrug:JMO.
    Rome has been one of My favorite, and hated they ended it.
    Spartacus also great.
    Vikings until I got 3 season behind. LoL
    American Horror story.
    Snow piercer. :thumbs_up:
    Ancient Aliens:lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I tried American horror but turned it off after 6 episodes. I heard he gets better later, but I couldn't keep handling that old made rehashing scene.

I'll check out snow piercer

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Every season of American Horror is a different story. So even if the same Actor/Actress are in the next season....they are playing different characters. That's why I like it. They don't just drag things 2 keep the series going....because the next season is totally different story.

• Like Like x 1
  11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The first season of True Detective is effing amazing. The second season is kind of meh and the third is good. It’s an anthology series so each season is a new story with new characters etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've come 2 like those types of shows.... Because there usually isn't any filler just so the series can keep going.

13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Right there with you. But then again, I knew early on they'd have to make some changes. I was ok with that. Combine a couple minor characters into one or cut out completely, for example. Or cut out an event, or change the order of an event so the story flows better in a watching instead of reading media. Those always happen whenever something is being adapted, and ESPECIALLY when it's a very long, and in depth piece of literature. Yes, it'll lose some flavor and detail, but the overall story should still be good.

Looking back, GOT started going off the rails possibly as early as season 2. You have to be careful what you change and/or alter when you know the story is still very early. The butterfly effect is real.

But far worse, was that once Dumb and Dumber started running out of source material - partly from their own fault of cutting too much, it became fan fiction. And not even good fan fiction, if such a thing exists. Yeah yeah yeah, GRRM told them how it ends and 3 major events. Did he? Even if he did, did they get it right? Details matter. Motivations matter. Consequences matter.

I'll be shocked, SHOCKED if... we ever see the end of the books. But if we do, I'll be equally as shocked if events play out the same. Especially those last 2 seasons where characters seemed to change personality on a whim to fit the story instead of the other way around. That said, I'd be lying if I said the show wasn't entertaining despite its enormous flaws.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really if You take out the characters that they killed off,and the ones that they never even brought in....that are still a big part of the story....I really don't see how it could be close 2 the same ending. Yes You could have the same last 5 minute outcome at the end, but everything else would have 2 be different. IMO :shrug:

15. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Find our Game of Thrones thread in here and read the last few pages. You'll see you're not alone. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I dont watch much tv, but Breaking Bad is the best series/ show? ever IMO

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    My wife was a big Game of Thrones fan. I couldn't watch it after the South Park treatment. "Oh there'll be dragons! They're coming!"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    We've been binging 1883. I can see where Beth gets her attitude!

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I had 2 watch it because I had already read 4 of the books multiple times before the show was even in production.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did You listen 2 My song ...No Love 4 The Greyjoys (Iron Born) I put up on one of the threads??? I wrote that because of the lack of Greyjoys story in the show.

• Like Like x 1
  21. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Line of Duty
    Broadchurch
    Luther

Boardwalk Empire
    Dream On
    The Hitchhiker
    Sopranos
    True Detective

6' under
    Weeds
    Queer as Folk
    The L Word
    Dexter

Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul

Lilyhammer
    House of Cards

yeah too many..

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I forgot about Boardwalk Empire and Queer as Folk! Good shows

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    True detective was amazing the first season!!!!! Second sucked and third OK.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Man ...Dexter is the only one You mentioned I've really watched. :shrug:

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Too old to remember them all.

Shows I loved and liked how they ended: Weeds, Six Feet Under, Soprano's, (so many hated it but I found it awesome) Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Entourage, (damn lifestyle was for me) Eastbound and Down, Episodes, Shameless and others I can't remember.

Shows I loved and hated how they ended: G.O.T. (pretty sure they only said about 6 words in the final few shows) True Blood, Dexter at first but liked how they redeemed themselves.

Can't wait for Better Call Saul (April 18th) and Ozarks.

I watch no drama shows on CBS, NBC, ABC or FOX.