1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrell Edmunds probably coming back on the cheap

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Mar 24, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    there were a few picks in the last decade that I don’t believe were Colbert/Tomlin picks. Jarvis is one of them. I have a hard time believing everyone in the organization missed on him. I firmly believe(without any evidence whatsoever) that Jones and Burns were AR2 picks.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why???
    I mean what makes You think so???
    So far if We look at anytime We've tried at reaching for a position it happens.....Example: We just got 2 have a OLB because J. Harrison leaving...J. Jones....We Just got 2 have a CB....A. Burns......We just got 2 have a SS....T. Edmunds....these are just a few examples.
    Seems like any time We don't just take best available at D, or Offense this happens. We could have picked other D positions at that time, but We just had 2 have one of those......big reason I'm scared of the Draft this year.....seems like they just got 2 have a QB.
    JMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I know you are down on Edmunds but you can’t lump him with Jones and Burns, they are pure busts. Even Jones provided more than Burns.

And Burns I believe happened because the Bengals jumped us and grabbed William Jackson. I don’t believe Burns ever would have been the pick otherwise. I would love to see their board for that draft because no way Burns could be the next highest graded player.

They loved Jones athletic ability and were locked in on him.

• Like Like x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes ....Edmunds is the best of the 3 mentioned, but even from what you said .....they were reaching. If the Guy you have at a position is gone...is not reaching...then grabbing the next best at said position....instead of getting a different position???

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Busts happen to every team. The level of some busts is what hurts. Picking Edmunds at the end of the first was a calculated risk, it did not work. Burns was just a total wash.

7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Sorry, wasn’t a big fan of this pick from the start and later with his play but he’s dependable, always there, has gotten better with better play around him, and wasn’t bad last year. Will I take TM, h3ll yes but Edmonds is a decent baseline. He’s grown, knows the system, and is on the field more than not. I’ve come around to him.

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Because they reached. Even needing an olb Jones was a reach. He had numbers(sacks), but if you actually look at how he earned them you’ll understand. The majority of his sick’s were simply coverage sacks. He wasn’t dominating offensive tackles and wrecking things. I don’t believe for a second Colbert/Tomlin all of their scouts missed it. Colbert didn’t suddenly didn’t change his stripes. To me that says his boss stepped in and said take him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think they just fell in love with the SEC production and felt like he would at the very least be a solid player. They have even mentioned in the past that they dont care about the 40 yard dash joking that they "sometimes hope for bad times so the guys they want fall to them". I think its possible they just missed. It happens. Burns was a late riser much like Edmunds. I think he didn't turn out because he lacked the mental aspect. As soon as he started struggling, he became a head case and just imploded.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agree about J. Jones. Anyone that watch seen why He got his sacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Sounds like a decision coming soon.

13. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree, glad they did not pick up the option and the apparent lack of interest shows he is not likely getting a long term deal. He is not as bad as some make him out to be.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No He's worse. LoL
    It.... IMO.... should be very telling that a 1st round Draft pick with No injuries, age 25...so still very young is getting no interest . Hell can't be everyone has the SS they want, but they believe (apparently) that theirs is either better than T. Edmunds, or they can draft one better...

The GMs, and Coaches out there have seen what I've been complaining about.
    PFF seems 2 be the only freaking thing out there that sees Him in a better light. 2 bad PFF isn't signing players. LoL
    I know people will say ....Well...T. Mathieu is still out there, but He is going on 30 years of age,and has had multiple injuries.....plus He looking for His last big contract (more than likely).
    JMO

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can’t imagine that he has a lot of options.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No kidding

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He might be deciding to poop

Personally, I wouldn’t quote that

Just saying

:smiley1:

18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Edmunds looking like.
    Options/ decisions?
    The same way he play the game sometimes.
    Maybe the only possibility is Buffalo. Maybe.
    His best bet is to stay at a very friendly price.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    JMO....I hope He goes elsewhere. I believe If We take Care of one CB spot ,and His SS spot....We can Win a lot of games just by the Defense. I have thought He has been the weakest link on this team for awhile. I know others will say Bush, but at least We seen sparks from Bush, and He does have the injury excuse....T. Edmunds has no excuses.
    Again this is JMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    To you/me yes

Come training camp and someone somewhere gets hurts and maybe he has a greater value

If not he is unemployed

Keep in mind he is following his agent

Agents could care less for a single player they go with volume and if they get 3 big wins 3 total losses and 4 break even it’s a good day

I used to buy penny stocks with that theory and it worked very well

It was this theory with LeVeon Bell’s agent that cost him bu cu bucks

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Sounds like to me he has an offer from the Steelers and from another team.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I
    2 dollars a year, and they throw in a free meal a day.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The good thing about it is that we can easily live without him.
    I wouldn’t be upset either way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Idk. Still think if he was drafted in the third the opinion would be much different. Just mho. Just read where his rating in several cats are better than a few contemporaries, including Justin Reid. His weaknesses are most glaring when the support up front sucks to.high heaven, and it sucked miserably last 2 years. Definitely needs improvement on angles. But as a box safety, with a guy like jack I'm front of him just may not he as bad as some think.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah it’s hard for some to get past the round he was drafted. That wasn’t Edmunds fault