1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DeShaun Watson traded to the Browns

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 17, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So far ....I'm Loving that series. I usually wait 2 watch when a season is over, but have watched that when it started.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I own all the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle stories , and Have read them countless times.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    You cant compare a guy that played 5 games to a guy that played 11 games because it's not a apples to apples comparison. I think that's pretty simple. I dont care if they were on the same team. The only way your point would have credibility is if the difference in QBR and Passer Rating was significant in favor of Gabbert which obviously that would not be the case (Gabbert 54.1, 68.4; Kaep 49.2, 90.7) or else he would have been a starter the entire year.

Fact is they were both bad and the team around them was bad. That's the only thing that can be surmised from comparing the two. Any other attempt to compare the two makes no sense. You're not going to have the same amount of experiences, attempts, etc.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is the only thing I will ever say on this, and it's really a question, and a question I don't know why people don't ask themselves.....
    If Kap really was all about that life....why was He standing with hand over heart during the national anthem until He was made a back up????
    Was there not any suffering, or anything going wrong till all of a sudden He became a backup???? Then all of a sudden the world turned bad 2 Him???
    If people doubt this there are plenty of clips ,and pictures of Him doing so.
    Anyway peace 2 all.:thumbs_up: Not meant 2 cause trouble...this is just from Me reading others comments, and it's always been a question in My mind.
    Everyone knows I don't get involved in this kind of talk. I hate politics.

5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I like JCR as well but that movie was just so bad.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I heard the 3rd one has been stuck in development hell, who knows if we'll ever see it.

7. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Idk if it makes a difference when he started. How can anyone know when an epiphany will take place? It's all subject to what you're willing to open up your eyes and mind too. It could depend on who you started to keep company with and its not like he stopped when he returned as a starter. Typically the more something is brought to your attention the more you become drawn to it. I don't think it was a coincidence because you most certainly had high profile cases popping up as more and more cases were being brought to light thru social media.

This is my problem with people like you who bring up his social stance while he was a back up?? What does one have to do with the other?? That's what I've never been able to understand. What would he gain by saying America needs to take a harder look at how minorities are policed?? How does that help his situation on the field of play?? I just dont understand that. Whats the endgame here?? He didn't say the NFL was racist against its players or that the team owner treated black players on the team differently then the white players. He didnt even rag on his teammates about their level of play on the field. If that were the case then I could see where people would raise eyebrows, but this is something totally outside of NFL. He didnt even say the NFL is not doing enough to address social issues. I just seriously dont see how one has anything to do with the other. I really dont. HE KNEELED!!...my God that's the worse thing that someone has done in the sight of God EVER! Somehow that was the equivalent of sacrificing babies into a pit of fire or sleeping with his mother. Crucify him for it. The hate is beyond ridiculous and I dont get.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No way ....I laughed so hard watching it. Especially when they did that's song. LoL

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Based on his 2018 to 2019 playoff runs. Rather... 2019 I should say. Houston was beating Kansas City heading into half time. However, Bill O Brien saw to it that Kansas City would be welcomed back in the game by going for it on fourth down as opposed to punting; analytics he stated being the reason.

Cleveland still has a strong roster overall. Yes, they finished with a losing record in 2021 but that was mainly due to Baker and not so much everyone else. Adding DeShaun to that lineup makes the Browns serious contenders.... assuming Watson can pick up where he left off (not so easy in any profession).

Overall, I do believe that getting a QB will likely happen either this draft or the next. Today, the Steelers Brass are at Pitt's Pro Day; Kenny Pickett being the grand prize there. We will have to wait and see.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you a hall monitor in training?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I have and have read all. Inherited them from my dad who read them all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Define “affect”? Because outside of a Steelers win or loss and the difference between happy and pissed, none of this affects my life but it’s a message board and people are going to talk.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    What I meant is that it’s likely to be a write off on the field. If he is missing for a big stretch of games and they have Brissett in instead they’ll struggle to get wins.

Browns are playing the long game but they are going to run in to cap compliance issues very soon, and they have no resources available to backfill the roster. I honestly wouldn’t have done this trade if I was their GM but let’s see what happens

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    verb
    1. have an effect on; make a difference to.

15. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Check his dead money. If he suffers a serious injury and his play declines, Cleveland is stuck with him and that massive cap charge each year. Worse, if it were to happen in the first 3 years of his contract, moving on from him would make it nearly impossible to have a 53 man roster that fits under the cap.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    As I suspected, none of this affects you then unless you have a different definition.

• Like Like x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    1 guy is being traded for deshaun Watson. Understandable. The other 1 was flat out cut

18. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    5 games compared to 11 is apples to apples. If it was 1 compared to 15 you would have a point. If Kap was so great the bad team would have looked better at a minimum. You have no leg to stand on.

19. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I would argue he divided the team which is not the QBs job. In fact it’s the opposite of what a QB should do. You want the other 52 guys to rally around you. Instead he polarized the team.

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I said it doesnt affect me, go back and read my post

21. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You cant argue, because all you would do is make up ish. You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. What are you a 49ers fan or employee now?? You seem to know a whole lot about something that doesn't concern you. If you know so much about the 49ers and what goes on in their locker room why you on here?? I bet my bottom dollar you didnt watch a single game of the 49ers that season yet you know so much.

22. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    What kind of alien math are you referring to where 5 games compared to 11 is apples to apples?? Look, find somebody else to go back and forth with. I already said on here I dont go back and forth with idiots. You're another one. Adios.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

Congrats.

Not the point. One guy posted a better win/loss record with a FAR WORSE Offensive Unit; a dunce of a Head Coach to boot. Never mind that, unlike Baker, Mitchell has been named a Pro Bowler and has taken Chicago to the Playoffs... twice. The other had arguably a Top 10 NFL Roster dating back to his Rookie Season and has only one playoff win to show for it; the number one overall pick no less. Not only that, Baker is a complete, world level toxic PR*CK.

Chicago has a mediocre track record at the Front Office. That said, Cleveland's makes the Bears look like the Steelers in comparison. Mitchell Trubisky is not being brought in as the guy anyways; a bridge realistically. Now, if by some chance he does turn out to be what he was supposed to be coming out of college.... that is even better as that nullifies Pittsburgh from drafting a QB for a while. I doubt that he will personally but I do believe he will be capable of winning games

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You go read my post.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    You said comparing 5 games to 11 is the same as comparing 11 games to a guy that threw 1 pass. Who did you say was being unreasonable?