1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe I'm in the Minority...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Mar 15, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He's a Seattle fan

2. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    ALMOST
    bad hold on a field goal. better than what we had recently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Trubisky did a real good job moving the Bears downfield to set up the easy FG to win the game but the kicker clanked it off the upright.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I misspoke…he’s been to the playoffs a couple of times but hasn’t won. Should have won one but a missed FG (botched snap I think) cost them the game.

5. Mark Tazz

Mark Tazz Active Member

Mar 15, 2022
    Why are people crowning Trubisky QB1?? He was brought in to compete for QB1... I think a non 2nd year Mason Rudolph will open some eyes next season....
    My Hot take is that Mason Rudolph will win the QB1 job and be a Top 5 passing yards QB1...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Ronnie James Dio wants his
    rainbows
    unicorns
    and dragons back
    along with the sword and entire attire

i kid
    keep it rolling

• Like Like x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Rudolph vs Trubisky will be interesting. With that said...hope Steelers draft SS, CB or DE in first round. WR or ILB in second round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    They didn't get Trubisky to have him be a back up. Tomlin has been loudly hinting for a mobile QB. Trubisky is that with size. Matt Canada's offense is predicted on that.

My guess is Trubisky will be the starter at preseason, Mason and Haskins will battle for back up with the loser there getting traded or released.

• Like Like x 2
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I was about to say because Watson has won in the playoffs. Beat josh Allen and the bills

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    IMO Steelers won't be a threat with Trub or Mason under center. I'm going to assume they are not going after a QB in the draft in the early rounds.

Just my opinion and really want to be wrong but I think the Steelers are going to be rudderless or star QBless for a long time.

I do think Trub will beat Mason out. If the O-line can get shored up it will be a huge plus for whoever we have under center because Najee becomes a better RB.

One never knows what will happen but it sure is going to be an interesting season. I just don't want to see that Tomlin grimace all season long.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sun & Steel

Sun & Steel Active Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Considering Mitch played in an inadequately schemed offense and wasn't played to his strengths; RPOs and scrambling that makes it more encouraging. Lets hope Canada builds the offense around what his QB can actually do instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole?

• Like Like x 4
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

DE?! Like a 3-4 DE?!

You had better pray then that Jordan Davis is still on the board by then for this to happen. The rest of your wishlist will be determined if Terrell resigns. Should he, that opens up the door for a CB in Round one for certain.

13. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I see you like Hill a lot. You like him at SS? slot CB? or just kind of a roaming player? Kid has some great click and close speed. Solid enough in coverage. Good blitzer. I wouldn't hate it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

As I stated in my Top Five Positional Rankings, he is honestly best suited for FS. That said however, his mentality and aggression can warrant him into playing SS. The major concern is how well will his body hold up in such a role? Yes, he did play at the Slot but SS requires more support on the ground.

Little of this matters though at present. What does matter is if the team can resign Terrell Edmunds or acquire Tyrann Mathieu. Should it be either/or, I doubt the team will add Hill into the Round One discussion; Andrew Booth likely being the next target. Now Hill still can be drafted... though it will depend on how long will either Tyrann's/Terrell's contracts will be.

15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I honestly hope we take care of the position in FA. Would love to have Mathieu or even Terrell back (obviously would prefer badger, but depends on what the pay is). I LOVE Booth. I honestly think we are going to go QB, but any other year it would look like it was shaping up to be a CB/WR/ILB first three rounds this year. Really love what we have done so far in FA. We will see though. Lots of time left. If we get a hit or two in the first couple rounds we might be "contenders" again here soon.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we have improved immensely, still a ways to go.
    Hopefully we will sign some more FA's and knock it out of the park
    in the draft?

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes... if we're talking Steelers a DE is a 3-4 DE. And yes, Jordan Davis could play anywhere on the D-line. He would be Donald 2.0.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is not a realistic expectation for Davis, who is a very different player from Donald. He wasn't much of a pass rusher in college. Donald reached 11 sacks in a season twice in college, finishing with 29.5 for his career. Davis had 11.5 sacks for his entire career, including two in 2021.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If he got the garbage bears to the playoffs 2 seasons in a row, anything is possible.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    exactly!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That's a huge billing to live up to.