1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How can they wait so long on Tuitt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dreegking, Mar 18, 2022.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    NAMASTE

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    seems like someone needs a

WAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE
    because others have different opportunities at THEIR job.

Thank you STEELERS ORGANIZATION for your compassion!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    He might have already given a definite answer but it's being kept secret. Why tell the other teams our needs at D End prior to the draft?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Can't believed they paid him last year just to sit out ! Completely f*cked over the team and fans !

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    That’s what really makes no sense. There was still an option to sit out for covid reasons and pay him a small stipend, with the contract essentially freezing for one season, but they chose to restructure and pay him in full upfront instead. Completely baffling decision that hurt an already cash strapped team further. I’m glad the team are compassionate but that is way over and above what any employer should be expected to do for a grieving employee regardless of circumstances.

Perhaps he told them he’d be back and then reneged but by all accounts he was well out of shape in the offseason, they surely would have known they couldn’t depend on him for 2021.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    it’s not expected and they didn’t have to handle it the way they did. Kudos to the Steelers for having the compassion to do so. Y’all seem to have forgotten the Steelers owe you absolutely nothing. They don’t have to give us an explanation or give us updates. We are fans and fans alone. It was their decision and we have absolutely zero input in the matter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I lost my brother some over 27 years ago in a car accident. He lost control hit a tree. Left a 5 month old son.

My Mother was never the same. It haunted her until her end.

At the time my brother was living with me with his wife and my nephew. It was a tough situation.

I had to get back on the horse and move on with a piece of me gone.

Everyone's situation and grieving are different. So I feel for Tuitt.

He has made enough coin to walk away and to deal with this unfortunate situation and help his family.

They need an answer. Can't have him sitting out another year. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Let’s never ever give an opinion on anything in relation to the team ever again in that case as we have zero input. In fact, perhaps the board should be shut down lest somebody question why the team made a particular decision in relation to team planning or personnel. I forgot my place strummerfan, thank you for reminding me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    you are quite welcome

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There is a big gap between having a differing opinion on team related issues and some of the statements made in this thread. You have people being upset because in their lives they aren't afforded a month for mourning let alone almost a year. If that's your(collective your not specific person) reality what can you do to change that. You have guys upset about the money he is paid where again not your money so why care, people question his mental toughness when it's not their own so how can you judge someone.

I think ppl should take time and read Lolley 's article the @steelersrule6 linked to. Then picture if your wife, your child, your mother is struck by a car right in front you, severing an arm, breaking both hips and legs, and smashing their face into a horrible bloody mess. Then watching that as their life ends. So is football really that important? Is the money paid that big a deal? What the Rooney 's did for Shazier tells us how compassionate they are. What they are doing for Tuitt drives that point home.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm::facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I have read the article, I understand how much personal tragedy is involved and I feel for the guy and his family, and I also completely understand why he wasn’t in a place where he could play last year.

That said, this can’t go on forever and it’s unrealistic to expect nobody to speculate on the football / business implications of his continued absence. If he is not coming back (and that would be understandable) they need to plan for that. Obviously I understand the team knows more than I and other fans do about his plans and it will all come out in time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Some of you fans need to get over yourselves, Tuitt didn't just sit out and got paid, he wasn't ready to start the season because he had a knee injury.

• Like Like x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

8 million $$ waisted, IMO

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    what a dumpster fire this thread is.....

the steelers organization chose to pay Ryan Shazier during a time of need.... and they chose to pay Stephon Tuitt during a time of need.

the fan base and team, is really a lame a$$ excuse. Let the dude figure our life, winning or losing a game is not important in the grand scheme of life.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Speculate? Yes. Especially how it relates to the draft board and moves that could or will be made. Your posts have been compassionate and well reasoned. There is a discussion that can happen without taking shots at the guy. Reading through the thread yesterday I was reminded of when UPS says thank you for our business at my job and buys Pizza Hut pizza for 2000+ employees. It is free pizza and people still complain endlessly. It's free open your mouth, bite, chew and when done say thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Very Good. :this!:

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Hope Steelers draft a SEC DE In the first round. The Tuitt ship has sailed. Time to move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Look there’s Debbie now

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Seems like it's time to add a snowflake emoji option on here... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    That would be perfect for all the people complaining about the situation.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure, that is the secret other teams are basing their draft on

• Like Like x 1
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    June 1st.

His Cap savings for 2022 goes from 4.29 million to 9 million if he is cut after June 1st. Unless they need the money now make him wait.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, they should've just released him last season while he was grieving and injured :facepalm::facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Agreed, .........grieving is apart of life,

Time for him to get on with his lifes wrk, whatever that maybe

• Winner Winner x 1