1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe I'm in the Minority...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Mar 15, 2022.

1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    But I think Trubisky will have a coming out party with the pieces he's going to be surrounded with. The front office is already demonstrating a commitment to fixing the o-line.

Trubisky isn't a bad QB. He just hasn't really had a fair chance yet. I'm not one to just throw random crap out, but I truly believe he will turn into a top 10 QB

• Like Like x 5
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 4
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Top 10? I have my doubts but let’s hope so. I think he will be serviceable at best, and will probably really struggle against the better defences. The very best QB’s always find a way, not sure Mitch has that kind of ceiling.

Let’s hope the year he spent in Buffalo with some proper coaching has rubbed off on him and he can carry this new offence.

Im not sure the team have shown that much commitment to the line. Bringing Chuks back and signing a career backup C/G is not convincing at all IMO. They badly need a good draft

3. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    He kind of reminds me of another Bear QB, Mike Tom Tomczak.
    I think he's a good signing as you get a QB that has had some highlight moments, also some bonehead ones.
    Worst cast, you might improve your backup situation.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    what have they fixed on the O-Line? chuks okrafor is back. we brought in a mediocre short armed center. has much really changed? 32-1/8 inch arms are short. we shall see but i don't feel all warm and fuzzy over these moves just yet. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This! WTH was the mindset of giving that type contract to Chuks? I would rather have Cole Slaw as a back up. Not my idea of an upgrade.

The Trubisky signing I like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I like the Trubisky signing as well, but would really like to see the team upgrade the WR position.
    DJohnson is not a #1 and Claypool is a headcase.
    Beyond that is a question mark, not exactly Young Money Crew there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Chuks thing I just don't get but I am optimistic that they made a move to sign a veteran QB and not just stick with Mason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They aren't getting a receiver better than Johnson. They do need to bring in at least one veteran with Smith-Schuster, Washington, and McCloud all free agents, but let's be realistic here.

They really haven't done anything that improves the offensive line very much. Cole is probably a better center than Green, but that's a low bar. Okorafor is a huge liability in the run game.

They still need more offensive line help, an inside linebacker, a couple of cornerbacks, and a starting safety. Some of that can come from the draft, but they need to get over the bargain hunting and bring in some legitimate help.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Steelers weren’t stupid about the Chuks contract. It’s a three year deal, but lots of roster bonuses so they can cut him without thinking twice about it

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Fair enough but do you think keeping him was an upgrade? And if that's their mindset just go get another FA right tackle. The team is going to be built behind Harris and Chuks is a below average run blocker.

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    i think the front office is plugging holes so they’re not forced into picking a position of need.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Truth. He is our #1 and I believe he will gets a contract extension. The WR room is a bit light and this is a concern just like the ILBer room. Oh, and corners. This isn't a one year fix folks, just face it. I'm not scared.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :thumbs_up:

As they do every year

Then BPA

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Jarvis Landry would be a good replacement for JuJu.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    This notion that they always draft BPA is complete nonsense. It sounds good, but rarely fact.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    As somebody else said above the deal they did with Chuks is much more team friendly than the APY figures would indicate. They are not married to him by way of the deal and it won’t stop them taking a Tackle in the draft if one is there. Chuks needs to improve next year or I expect he will be gone.

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Cole also played guard with Minnesota :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Chuks is only getting 4.5 million in his first year, it could just be a one year deal.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm aware. :cool:

20. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    How much for Landry?

i see 3 straight Lombardi Trophies coming our way with what have in place.

BET.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I dont see the Steelers being in "go all in" mode knowing they have mediocre qbs to man this ship. I think you would see much different results if they had a top ten QB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I essentially said the same thing in the "other" Trubisky thread. The refreshing thing about Mike T at the time was that he could complete a fly pattern pass vs "he whose name I shall not say" who was a master only of the button hook, even to the opponents CB. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    NOD and I will lose everything.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    you’re forgetting about scheme fit, character etc etc etc

• Like Like x 1
  25. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    One of my favorite targets for our first round pick this year is Garrett Wilson. He's built similarly to Stefon Diggs, and really brings an NFL ready game to his rookie year. Excellent route runner, great in the air, good hands, good in contested catches high pointing the ball, and a very dangerous player after the catch. Would be an excellent get for us. Now I know we have other positions to prioritize, but someone like that would change the WR room big time. Him and DJ would be a terror to cover. Dudes will be open all day.

I expect us to draft a mid round WR regardless. Maybe add a vet to round out the group.

• Disagree Disagree x 1