1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett's hand size - Be Honest Now...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Mar 8, 2022.

1. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Let's hope it effects Pickett enough to drop to our spot.

2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Its a good thing I have women's hands right? lol I wont be the next QB of the Steelers BUT I can actually throw one hell of a spiral :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Say it ain't so FTB! [​IMG] :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Dogman

Dogman Member

Aug 16, 2021
    I'm late to the game here, just signed on. Anyway, I just measured my hand, 8.75" and there is no way on earth I could hang onto a rock hard, wet NFL football, especially when there are all kinds of bigger, faster and stronger people trying to dislodge it. How someone a couple inches taller than me could even have such mini hands is a mystery. No matter how accomplished he was in college, I have serious doubts about him having any luck at all with the fatter NFL ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Maybe he can just play with Brady's balls.:whistley:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Didn't he have great senior bowl game. And, is he not having a great combine? He's been throwing the football with the same size hands. I'm not saying that he is the next Marino. But, it seems like the same scenario. You have a chance to get a really polished qb. Don't blow it this time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This would be ideal. Draft OL in the first and grab Howell in the 2nd. Not sure he’ll be there when we pick in the 2nd though so I’d be receptive to maybe trading up in the 2nd round to get him. To me, he’s got the best arm talent in the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He didn't play in the senior bowl. Unless I'm forgetting.

10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You'd have to beat off Giselle to get to them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    I already feel disappointed if we draft Pickett. He'll probably be adequate game manager and nothing more. A waste of a 1st round pick. He has higher floor, but much lower ceiling than any of the other top 6 QBs. Even with more unknown, I'd feel better if they drafted Willis or Ridder or even Howell.

I still hope we do not draft ANY QB in round 1 or round 2 (unless one of the earlier named ones somehow falls to later in round 2). We need OL, DL, ILB and CB so badly that if we don't draft one of those positions in round 1 and 2, I'll be very disappointed indeed.

That said, my feelings may change IF we make an upgrade or two in FA signings. One good OL or DL or LB in FA and suddenly the need is much reduced. I'd rather sign Winston as FA QB than draft any of these in the first round.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If you say so, my bad.

The sample size in inclement weather is way too small to be valid.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have no idea how anyone could have watched the Pitt-North Carolina game and paid attention to the overall stats this season and thought that Howell has a greater upside than Pickett. Some of you are way too tied up in the hand size thing.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will be honest. I kind of wanted Pickett, but I don't at all now. I can't see How it won't matter.
    Heck look at Him holding a football. It looks weird. LoL.
    Honestly everyone talks about Him already playing in Pittsburgh . He has never played beyond December. Most college players are done before it really starts getting bad. In the NFL You will be playing a month later,and that's if You don’t make the Playoffs. Big difference in weather everywhere from early December- February.
    I still think He is a good Qb, but I think He'd be better served in Atlanta, or New Orleans. Hell....You really think Drew Brees would be as good as He was if He played in Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or New England???

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Oh Yeah that's right. I don't know what I was thinking. He was the 1st Qb. I was totally wrong. I guess I was thinking the Bowl game He sat out of.:shrug:
    Me=:goofy:

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I don't know much about Willis or Howell but I really hope they don't pursue Ridder. I don't think his ability will transition well to the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, his feet are probably small for his height too. :hi:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The way Dan Marino held a football looked weird, too. He held it closer to the tip than most quarterbacks. Of course, that also ended up helping him have one of the quickest releases you will ever see, but he did it because his hands are small.

No, Pickett is not Marino, but if you liked the guy before the Combine, it is ridiculous to change your opinion that much now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there used to be a qb that gripped it with his index finger on the end of the ball. i can't remember who that was now. the trouble with picketts hands may come on those plays where qb's throw quick without gripping the laces. now that could be affected by the size of hands. i don't think his will be a major issue though. sure you would like them to be bigger but it's not the end all be all. marino used to play in a lot of rain games in miami. :cool:

21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Does anybody else remember Mike Tomzcak having insanely small hands? It used to get brought up all the time during the 96 season. Tomzcak looked great in almost every game, but was absolutely awful when he played in any sort of weather. The Steelers ended up getting smacked by the Patriots in "the Fog Bowl" during the playoffs. The conditions were terrible, and so was Tomzcak. That ended up being the last game Tomzcak played here.

I am not drawing comparisons between Pickett and Tomzcak, but all the small hand talk reminded me of the Tomzcak situation.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No, you are semi right. I don’t know why people are citing the bowl game other than to be disingenuous, the weather was fine. What you are thinking about is practice during the week and he threw poorly in the rain. Which he has done each time there has been tape on him throwing in poor conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You have to stab the ruler to get a bigger measurement.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just in case this wasn’t sarcasm :smiley1:

A290E1A0-F913-4BE1-8B8D-7387749B53E2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m 6’3 and my hands aren’t big lol a tad over 9