1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade draft picks for a qb

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Even Benny Snell would look like Pro bowl material against that line, that makes me more upset .

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I hear You:thumbs_up:

3. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Do the massage “therapists” count against the cap?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Put aside all of the sexual abuse allegations against Watson and ask yourself is this guy worth what the Texans were asking for him before all of his legal issues came to light. I mean, I see the potential, but who the hell did he ever beat?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Thank you! No idea where all these people are getting he's an instant franchise quarterback. Yeah the Texans weren't a great team but he didn't exactly do anything to elevate them. And folded like a tent in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure it’s a team sport.

• Like Like x 1
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Which is supposedly what is being offered for Rodgers(3 firsts and 3 day two picks). Give up 3 first round picks for a guy that will play for 10 more years or give up 3 first round picks for a guy that will play 3 more years. Not to mention his skill set might fall off a cliff in anyone of those years.

8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Right, and I'll ask again. Who the hell did he ever beat? He has put up some numbers, but he had Hopkins at the time. 1-2 playoff record. A mobile QB that has already had an ACL tear. That aside, he undoubtedly would make the Steelers more of a threat. But the fact it's a team game as you so eloquently pointed out, where is the draft capital to build a team around him once they swap those picks? Or cap room to sign FA's once they pay him?

News flash. This team isn't good. It's a bottom third team that needs help nearly everywhere. A good QB makes them competitive and more fun to watch, but they will not be a Super Bowl contender with DeShaun Watson, Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers.

Then there's the 2000# Gorilla in the room in the form of his legal problems. He might end up serving time. He will likely be subject to lawsuits. He will almost certainly get suspended. I don't see where the risk is worth the reward.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I don’t actually want the Steelers to draft a qb this year. Or trade for one either. However, if they’re going to give up significant draft capital for a qb at least make it for a proven qb and one that will be with the franchise for 7-8 years. The only qb that fits both those criteria is Watson. With that out of the way I’ve been pushing for rg, rt, ilb, and cb for months. Build the foundation first then build the house

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    https://www.nfl.com/videos/logan-wilson-blows-by-offensive-blockers-for-tfl-on-first-down

Watching the SB I was totally blown away by this guy and how as a rookie he seems lightyears ahead of Schobert, UG3, Bush, and Spillane. I mean damn, he tracks the ball carrier and not the gap and then explodes toward him to make the tackle not just to plug the hole and get blocked. Again I'm not sure what the hell Jerry-O is teaching his position group but since they all seem to guess what gap to defend Im pretty sure it isn't watch the ball carrier

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If you give up all those picks for Watson, you won't be able to field a good enough team around him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Of course we would. It just might take 3-4 years. Still makes far more sense to give up that much for Watson then giving up the same for rodgers

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Dead subject, Steelers arnt trading for either one , so:shrug:..

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I pray You are correct. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm pretty comfortable saying the Steelers wont trade for a old QB, or a Sexual Predator /Qb

• Like Like x 2
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Stop being logical, the sports media needs stories to make up!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Never say never, they signed the dog killer in Vick :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Why did they do that? I can't remember the circumstances behind that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben was injured, and they didn't trust Landry Jones to be the starter at the time IIRC.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Didn't our back up get injured also???

21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No way the Texas are getting all those picks for Watson now. Three 1sts would have been the compensation before Watson missed a season due to sex allegations. Who knows what his value is now? In all honestly the Texans may be lucky to get a 2nd for Watson.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This could be true. You would think the longer He's out the lower it would go.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022

I hear ya, BUT Davis, to me, is a game changing type of NT. If there is a game-changing type of OL (C/OT), cool. I don't see any game-changing QB or ILB to be available at 20. After Davis ran well at the combine, he probably moved up the draft board...sadly. I'd love to get Davis or one of the two or three OL mentioned at 20. If a good CB or LB slide down to 20, then pounce, but otherwise, I hope to see either a OL or DL selected at 20. If QB, Willis is about the only one with the upside to take at 20. All the QBs have massive warts and the Steelers aren't two deep all over the roster and can't afford the luxury of over-drafting a so-so QB prospect. Sign an FA, heck if they can get Winston, cool, if not, Trubisky or Mariota and let them duke it out with what we got. Maybe hunt for an upside QB later in draft, round 4-6, that just didn't have the stats (maybe a good college QB buried on a run-first team with either a poor OL or poor WR group).

I should add, this might be the best draft for Steelers to try and trade back and gain one extra 3rd or 4th round pick...we desperately need the pick(s).

• Like Like x 1
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Just offer free massages.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No.