1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade draft picks for a qb

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Mar 5, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Let that qb be Watson. Forget Pickett, Malik… everyone else

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    While Watson would be a more polished product it would limit options should it not work out. Drafting one at least lowers the salary cap hit if things don't work out. Basically just need to figure out when they want to feel the pain.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’d be okay with Watson as long as I was convinced that all of the other distractions were behind him, which I am not convinced of at this point. I don’t want to go through off-seasons of Steeler quarterback rape allegations again.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

People was throwing fits abt Ben and what he is was accused of, now some wana trade for someone that has dozens of sexual cases against him,,LMAO . :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: :facepalm: l

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Last year Houston's asking price was three first round picks, and two mid round picks :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I say......Let's not trade Draft picks for any Qb.:shrug:

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Apparently Watson will know before the draft if he is facing criminal charges. If he is not, then a trade becomes an option, albeit there may still be a suspension and some civil cases that will need to be considered by the acquiring team.

I would prefer to draft somebody this year or next

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Nein danke. It's elementary to not get Watson.
    Too many unknowns off field and way too much for the asking by the Texans. Texans org seems to be in world of dookie all in it's own w/o Watson issues

All these "expert" talking heads with all these scenarios ....
    D Carr 2 1st rds and a 3rd
    Watson the same.
    Steelers trade up in draft for a QB exorbitantly blah
    and i see so many more different articles of what we do to get a FA or draft prospect QB
    YEESH JMO

I believe:
    We draft a QB w/o moving positions.
    I kind of hope it's Howell. In 3 years he has shown it.
    Others have had WAY more years to work on their skills to achieve what some are calling a weak QB CLASS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Watson has yet to be suspended by the NFL for a single game.

Houston should have forced the NFL to suspend him last year, that way he would already have some games suspended counting toward whatever the NFL hands down when they do make their judgement. Even if no criminal charges are ever brought against Watson; Anyone that thinks Watson is just going to be able to walk onto the field without being suspended is not living in this politically correct world.

I don't see how he sees the field at all in 2022.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    True Brice.
    It was said with Big Ben that the Steelers Org pushed the NFL for his suspension in hope it would help all in ways.
    Houston is still pimpin Watson like nothing has been said or happened. Hell even Watson was trying to get out of dodge prior to any allegation and i have wondered if Houston leaked stuff , but it blew up in their face and became way more than they anticipated.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Very likely

Texans are not going to get the hail they think they will either. It would be madness to give up three first round picks for a guy that comes with his baggage

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Picks and picks plus players. Your going to give up precious draft capital and then oh yea have to sign him.

Don't get me wrong Watson is a proven talent. But the allegations are multiple. And not resolved.

Taking a step back and solidifying the foundation is key first and foremost. Holes to fill with to much uncertainty in several positions not just QB.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Move up to get Jordan Davis.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If he was there at #20 maybe, but I wouldn't trade up for him, drafting Davis and getting Alalu, Tuiit back would go a long way towards fixing the run defense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021

Agree with both of these statements.

Also I seen people pitch a fit over Rodgers. Who is fit and able to play. So why Watson that we have no idea how he'll play, or even when he can play, or even if he'll get to see the field again...... I'm just confused why someone would put down rodgers, but want Watson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. I want neither equally. LoL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    If Tuitt and Alualu are coming back I’d go as far as to say it simply isn’t a need in 2022.

The elephant in the room is ILB, Schobert is going to be cut and who knows what Devin Bush is any more. It’s the weakest position group on the roster, worse than the OLine or Secondary

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    While T. Alualu is great....You need 2 remember He has only been able 2 start 17 games for us in 3 years, and He's another Year older. That is all. LoL

19. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Alualu would probably only play 40% of the snaps if everyone is healthy and I am assuming they bring back Adams who looked promising. Wormley and Loudermilk can also fill in when needed. They normally only keep six so there is no open roster spot if Tuitt and Alualu are coming back. I do t see it as a need, certainly not in the early rounds anyway

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Alalu will be 35, Tuitt and him are both in the last year of their contracts, a better DL helps the ILBs. They can get an ILB in the second round or later, or get one in free agency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I get it, another Defensive lineman would be great but when you look at some of the other needs I’m not sure it makes sense to use an early pick therein 2022

They are in dire straits at ILB, it’s Devin Bush and Buddy Johnson, don’t know about you but I’m not feeling good about that

CB they have Sutton returning, maybe they bring back Witherspoon, Sutton I’d going in to his last year

OLine I don’t even need to get in to, it’s a shambles

Not to mention the QB position

Each to their own but I’m not using my first round pick on a defensive lineman if I’m in the front office

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    When you finish 32nd in run defense, then you might consider a DL like Davis in the first round, they aren't going to go into the season with just Bush, and Buddy at ILB. They will fill some holes in free agency like OL, and CB.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    The reasons the finished 32nd in run defence is because Tuitt and Alualu missed the entire season and the ILB play sucked. Some of that problem hopefully solves itself if you get those guys back. They can get a runnstuffing DT in free agency too if they wanted to rather than using a first round pick on one.

ILB is a much much bigger need IMO but we can agree to disagree

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah that 32nd rush defense still upsets Me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree, alualu is getting up there but still can provide that boost in the middle. The key is Loudermilk being ready as well. Even if Tuitt comes back his injury history makes it suspect to trust his availability.